2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered about WL! :) How was pool? Boat to MK?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Yep, that's what I have to do!! It confused me at first, but upon hitting return, the button goes blue :)

4. Mewissy

Mewissy Mouseketeer

Just hit "return" first. Then the button works.

5. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

In our experience, the new online check-in with CL did not speed the check-in process. I think it did speed the process with non-CL.

I think the most significant advantage of the new online check-in with CL is the ability to reiterate our room request. As I mentioned in my earlier post, that new feature alone changed my view of online check-in. Even though I call CRO and e-mail IPO, I like the ability to record our actual arrival time and reiterate our room request. Would we have been assigned to Samoa/balcony at Poly and Boardwalk view at BWI without online check-in? Maybe, but if you can wave a little request flag in another spot, why not? But then again, our last trip was so wonderful, that I'd pretty much recommend anything we did! Now I'm going to start talking about sea racers again . . . :)

6. Mewissy

Mewissy Mouseketeer

Oops! I see others already answered the app question.

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

And in other news, our friends just returned from a week at WDW and report that they found Dole Whips with spiced rum in Epcot!! Just when I thought a Dole Whip couldn't get any better . . .

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

How did you get into my Disney stash? :rotfl::rotfl:

9. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

That's what I was afraid of, so I booked. I'm regretting not booking in January for $377 August fare, but we had a WDW trip coming up and wanted to use the $ for trip.

Our RT, totalled was $445 each. First time we didn't book RT, but separate segments. So we are flying Alaska Air down, and Delta back.

We have never paid over $375 RT before. And usually under $350. I'm having some sticker shock :eek:

10. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Love it! We have the same! I like the WDW and DL supply, but I really love the DCL stuff. (And our room host gave us a ton, so I'll have that around for ages - yay!)

11. delilah18

delilah18 DIS Veteran

Hello

I asked before on this board but no one was where could I find out for sure if you can wear a life jacket on the big slide?

Thanks

12. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

In your experience, are reservations for the SeaRaycers at the YC a must (early Nov), or are they available most of the time? :beach:

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I think a few people said recently that their young children (or grandchildren) were allowed down the slide wearing a life jacket, but I think the final call would be with the CMs who are working at the slide/pool on a particular day.

14. JulieT3

JulieT3 Earning My Ears

Pool is nothing compared to SAB, but my kids still enjoy it. It was a little too cold for me this trip, though!

We have always thought the boat to MK was wonderful, and it usually goes direct to MK and back (there is a big boat and small boat that run simultaneously, so it is never usually more than 10 minutes before a boat arrives). Four some reason, there were times that WL and Ft. wilderness were sharing a big boat to MK. It was kind of a mess when that happened. At one point, the boat was returning from MK, with the first stop at WL. The boat was full and Nobody got off, as they were all going to ft. Wilderness, so none of the people at WL could get on that boat to go to MK. We ended up ditching the boat at that point and heading over to the bus. Anyway, in all of my stays there, this has never happened, so hopefully, it wont be a common issue.

15. JulieT3

JulieT3 Earning My Ears

I had it a few days ago, and my two year old was very perturbed that I wouldn't share my ice cream with him!

16. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

I totally agree. I did NOT enjoy buying airfare this year. Almost opted for the Auto Train :scared1: but can't add the time to our trip this year. My account at work is almost quadrupling in size and our team is going from 3 nurses to 8 nurses :scared1::scared1:

But, while in WDW I will NOT be thinking about WORK!

17. mistysue

mistysue DIS Veteran

Yes.
    As of last August they didn't care about wearing a life jacket on the slide.

18. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

The boat was my least favorite part of WL. Took forever. We always walked up when it was the small boat with a HUGE line of ppl. Nope didn't like the boat one but. Guess we're just spoiled by the Epcot Resort boats. So happy to be going "home" in May!

19. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

YES they do ROCK !
    Thank you SO MUCH natebenma & poolrat !
    If these are the ones, it would be the middle photo. She is looking at Ariel's for the reception (not the bathroom ! :rotfl2:).....and we are being told that wedding guests will have to use the lobby restrooms in between Cape May and Ariel's. These would be the ones off the walkway/corridor that leads to the YC. So I'm not 100% sure these are the ones but close enough unless someone can confirm for sure in an upcoming trip to BC maybe ? Just want to see what the guests will be using. Thanks so much for following up natebenma !!!

20. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

No way!! How did i miss this :confused3 Where?

I haven't rented from YC, but have from Poly & WL and never needed a res. And whenever i pass a marina, there always seem to be plenty around.

No!!! Absolutley NO thinking about work is allowed in WDW! :banana:

21. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

oooh now there's a thought ;)
    :rotfl::lmao:
    ITA with everything you said :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.