2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

AWESOME day. Love the back story. Will have to try the plum wine but something tells me nothing beats a first pseudo-date the first full day you are 21 while at Walt Disney World. Those are memories my friend! We are all sighing sweet sighs and living vicariously through you right now!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:laughing: yes we are!!

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Same here, I was resistant to doing online check in because I always have specific location requests. I also wondered if it lessened the chance of a pixiedust: upgrade.
    But my last 2 trips, August and January, I thought I'd give it a try.
    I always have my requests noted on my reservation by CRO. And in August they were also noted by IPO. For POFQ I had all 3 requests noted by CRO.
    This was still using the old online check in (Canada doesn't have the new web site yet :().

I was happy both times. We got every room request, great experience.

Now I think it's even more important to use online check in with all the tec changes. When the Fastpass + option comes online, I think you'll have to do online check in to access that.

And maybe by the time my 60 day check in time comes for August trip, who knows, maybe even us up here in Canada, land of the Loonie, Poutine & Speedo :crazy2: (did I forget anything NJ eh?) will have the new web site!!! :upsidedow

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 very addictive!!

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Hi all! Pulled the plug, and booked flights for August, boy have they gone up :worried: I paid about $100 more then I'm used to, but was afraid to wait longer in case they keep creeping up. Guess I'll just have to live with the higher fare, and hope for our next trip I can do better!!
    On the bright side, I'm one step closer to our Aug trip! so Yay!

7. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

I know what you mean! I got our flight for June there but I'm still holding out for a cheaper flight home. At one point I has $1200 rt for 5 from Chicago but hesitated. I am regretting that decision!

8. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

So true......So true :thumbsup2

9. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I know! The plane tickets for the five of us cost $750 more this year than last year. They have been creeping up and up so I bought mine, too. I know at some point there could be a sale, but I can't risk having us sitting all over the plane. I saw some families doing that last year, begging the airline to move people to seat them together, but no dice.

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I'm not sure, and the person who provided the pictures, is not positive that it is the restroom you are talking about, but these are definitely at either the Yacht or Beach Club.

Perhaps someone here knows.

We still have a couple of volunteers visiting in the next month or so who can confirm, or take additional pictures if needed.

Let us know.

DISers rock!

11. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I'm glad your trip recovered from the slow start. It sounds like you are having a blast!

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Bumping this to see if Teena has any additional comments and to post to the link to the part of Lily's trip report where she gets her first haircut.

Cuteness alert:

My First Trim

13. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

Thanks Ella. While not entirely bald, I do not truly think she has enough for a lock and most likely will not in two months. I guess I just thought it would be so cool to have it done and be her first true haircut. Guess that means another trip when she does have enough!

14. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I am working on the FAQ post about On-line vs. In-Person Checkin-

This is the info I have.

If anyone has done the checkin for YC, could you let me know what choices are given for room requests.

If anyone has experienced different requests, let me know.

Thanks! Dee

60 Day Online Checkin/My Disney Experience

Confirm arrival and departure times.
    Pick PIN numbers to use for park and resort purchases

There is also an option of clicking a box which said they would possibly allow early entry to a room prior to 3 but it might override room requests.

Request for a day bed does not appear to be an option you can request through on-line checkin.

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
    Lower floor
    Near transportation

Yacht Club 60 Day Check In:

Info to be added

Beach Club Villa 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options-Choose 2 out of the four listed:

Near Elevator
    Lower Floor
    Woods View
    Larger Balcony

15. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Dee: We are booked for CL SV at the BC, and we are coming up to our 60 days. Do you think it is necessary to do online check in for CL?:) Thanks!

Jen

16. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I am still working through my understanding, feelings and opinions about the advanced checkin.

What are your requests? Daybed? Full Balcony? Both? A particular location?

17. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Well, we are a family of five, so I thought we would have a daybed? I guess are requests would be a daybed, and full balcony. Not sure of what location to request so would probably leave that to chance for CL. The problem is the My Disney Experience App is not working properly for us, but I don't want to miss out on anything but not doing the online checkin.

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I don't think you need to request a daybed. As a family of 5 (if all members are over age 3) you will be given priority for a daybed. You need to be given a room that will allow all of you to have a place to sleep. In the rare situation where a daybed is not available, you will be given a rollaway cot, but I don't think having the request will give you any more of a chance in that case. It will be available or it won't, but if there is only one room available with a daybed when you are checking in, a family of 4 requesting a daybed and checking in at the same time should not be receiving one even if they requested it.

You should have Full Balcony, please as a request on your reservation, and to cover your bases, email IPO to let them know that is what you want.

Location (close to lounge/elevator) would not be important to me. It may be to your family.

Right now, I think the big advantage for the advanced checkin is to speed up checkin, but since you are staying club level, you will have individual check in anyway.

I'm not sure that there are other advantages at this time- there may be some coming soon, like access to fast pass plus, but I don't think there is an announced timeline for that yet.

Anyone else think of other advantages or reasons to do the 60 day advanced checkin (particularly for a club level stay)?

19. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much, Dee. I don't think I will sweat it too much then, if we cannot figure out how to do it. :goodvibes

20. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

I have a question about room requests. I have a standard view booked at the YC. I know that I won't have a good view. But are are there some areas that are better than others? As long as I'm not overlooking a dumpster I'll be happy.

21. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I don't know if anyone has seen the orbitz deal thread, but I just rebooked our ressie. Didn't get money back b/c there are no GV rooms available, but was able to save enough thru orbitz that I switched us to arrival night ONLY at YC GV (BC still unavailable) and kept it thru WDW directly using spring promo as a package with our 8 day tix...$1729. Then booked the last 8 nights at BC water view room only for $2696 thru the orbitz deal! So I ended up spending the exact same amount as our previously booked YC/BC all GV split but now we don't have to change rooms mid-trip AND we get WV for our 8 nights at BC!!:cool1:

Super excited!::yes::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.