2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Judyfun, beautiful dress!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

Well the car is packed, ME tags are on, baby is asleep and older sis is not far behind. We are ready for the Mouse and our first stay at BC. Thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and just made this thread a great place to be and a special thanks to Dee for keeping us sailing along.

4. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Shhhh... your ticker says almost :beach: club time!! Hope you have a great time!!

~Nannette

5. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Safe travels!! Have a great time!

~Nannette

6. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Oh, have a wonderful trip!

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Awwww... thanks! :flower3:

We will have a new address/thread when you get back, but I'll leave some bread crumbs for you so you can find us.

Have a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

8. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

See you down there!

9. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip! I hope you have a fantastic time :) pixiedust:

10. ldnoggle

ldnoggle Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I've read through a bunch of this thread, and really appreciate all the awesome information! After two trips in the last two years (stayed at CSR), I thought this year would be Disney free for me.

BUT then I got a chance to attend a conference in July....that happens to be at the Yacht Club! So of course I couldn't say no to trying out my dream resort! So my mom and I are taking a girls trip to the YC- but she'll get to hang out at the pool during the day while I'm in workshops then we'll hit the parks at night.

Then somehow I talked myself into deciding to just get an AP, registering for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October and booking the BC for that trip. And of course I'll have to return sometime after that to get one more trip out of the AP.

Y'alls knowledge, chatter, and pics have made me even more excited to try out the 2 resorts I've always wanted to try!

Leslie

11. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Yup. You got it.pixiedust:
    Welcome to the club.

12. RWathen

RWathen MomandDDluvMickey

I'm just curious. My daughter and I are flying from Northern California too. What are you paying for your airfare. We ended up paying $365 each.

13. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

This thread is so impressive! Tons of great info! Thanks to Dee and the others that keep it rolling.

I would love to join in. Just switched my ressie from AoA Nemo to BC and I am soooooooo excited!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

This is our 2nd trip to WDW ever and our first trip on property. We are coming 10-21 to 10-25. It will be me, DH, DS13, DS11, and DD7.

Can't wait!:yay:

14. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Us too! Just finished tagging our bags. Now a shower and bed for me!
    I'm toooooo excited to sleep!!!!

15. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

OMG - so jealous! Would love to be there at the same time to meet everyone. Be there then, or during Star Wars weekend to meet some other trouble maker. :)

16. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Yeah! I get there Saturday for a long weekend with my sister then a conference. I can't wait to see how BC has changed (and remained the same) since my last visit in 2007.

Any recommendation on a good place to park??

17. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I hope your new meds work! Earaches suck :(

We will be eating at Epcot - festival booths! So I'm no help - ha ha!

18. B's Marie

B's Marie Mouseketeer

Off topic

A very stressful (unbelievable) event happened at my son's school... All safe now
    Needed to decompress and want to thank you all knowing I can come here and just focus in our upcoming trip and (positive) exciting times!!
    :)

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the scary happenings for your son and his classmates. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

And, as a positive note, look how all of the characters are right in front of the Yacht Club light house on your ticker. Tomorrow, I bet the character pyramid will block out the lighthouse.

20. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

So sorry for the stressful day! WDW is like my focus object in childbirth when I'm having a crappy or stressful day. I had an MRI on Monday and while enclosed in that tube I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine I was laying by the pool at the BC.....it worked pretty well!

Now just to follow-up with the ortho about a sprain, tendinitis , and two tears in my shoulder. Yay just what I need before my trip! Um excuse me doc but how will the affect me on SM, EE, RNRRC etc....

Also had a mild panic attack when DD16 needed suntan lotion and dipped into my Disney Supplies!

21. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:wave2: New friends!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

It has been a couple of years for me, too, since visiting the resort and using the slide, so I can't help you with your question. I do know that the slide has been through a couple of refurb periods since that time, so...

How about some recent reviews of the slide experience from March/April/May guests...

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

As Wood Nymph pointed out- yes on bagels and muffins at the Beach Club, along with a toaster and cream cheese. Unfortunately, no on the Mickey waffles :(

They are available at the resort at the Cape May Cafe character breakfast buffet and the Captain's Grille breakfast (either buffet or a la carte), but both of those are sit-down meals. You can also get them through room service, but that is wicked expensive!

I do wish they would add Mickey Waffles to the breakfast menu at the Marketplace.

If you poke around the first page of this thread (the Marketplace post and the Dining post), you will find lots of info about the meals available at the resort.

Glad you are enjoying the thread, and that you have a couple of upcoming trips to the resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July and October.

:woohoo:

Thanks for kind words! Let us know if you have any questions.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.