2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

Adorable! Did I miss how you are making these? BTW, I live down the road from you-just past Thompson's Station!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Trickier to pull off at HoP since MK is mostly dry. Can you get a drink at Gaston's tavern or just BOG?

4. dfarner

I see where you can rent tubes and buy noodles. Can we bring our own?

5. dfarner

We haven't been back since BOG has opened, so I'm not sure. I would love to know!

6. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Just wanted to give a shout out to the IPO team at the BC/YC. While I normally tend to handle all the planning myself, I found myself having difficulty getting an ADR at O'Hana for our Oct stay. So I decided to call them and see what they could do and lo & behold, I got lucky...something so small made me one happy camper :).

Edit: ha...just realized that I just hit my 1,000th post

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Just BOG. Regarding the pretend drinks, as much as we love Disney, we have to admit that the frozen butterbeer beats LeFou's brew by a zillion miles. But it's worth running your own taste test for the fun of it!

On another note, I always love our "many uses of refill mugs" chatter. :)

8. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberr

Do you think it would be worth having 2 separate threads, one for specific resort info, and one for friends/chat?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

You can bring your own noodles to use at SAB but the only tubes allowed are the ones from the resort. Some exceptions for babies/toddlers- floats are permitted as long as a parent is in reach.

Congrats on your reservation and :banana: :banana: :banana: on your 1,000 post.

The suggestion has been raised on occasion. I personally am not in favor for several reasons.

1) I have no time to maintain a second thread, or probably even to post to it. If someone else would like to start something up, they are welcome to and I will provide a link.

2) There is some chatter here, but I think a lot of people enjoy reading about their fellow BC/YC enthusiasts and keeping up is what keeps a lot of our veteran posters coming back with their valuable information.

3) Everyone here tries really hard to get answers to the questions that are posted, even with all of the discussion, and I put in a lot of time and effort keeping the first page of this thread updated so that many of the questions people have can be answered easily by checking there instead of having to read every post or using the search feature.

10. Lalabubbles

Lalabubbles Mouseketeer

The suggestion has been raised on occasion. I personally am not in favor for several reasons.

1) I have no time to maintain a second thread, or probably even to post to it. If someone else would like to start something up, they are welcome to and I will provide a link.

2) There is some chatter here, but I think a lot of people enjoy reading about their fellow BC/YC enthusiasts and keeping up is what keeps a lot of our veteran posters coming back with their valuable information.

3) Everyone here tries really hard to get answers to the questions that are posted, even with all of the discussion, and I put in a lot of time and effort keeping the first page of this thread updated so that many of the questions people have can be answered easily by checking there instead of having to read every post or using the search feature.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the "chatter" and look forward to waking up every morning to read this thread!!!! I have learned a ton from y'all:thumbsup2

11. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

We did for CLSV just last night...when we originally booked we could've gotten a SV room at the 30%. We are going in August.

Keep an eye on the Discount Codes and Rates Forum and try and book soon after they come out.

12. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Dee: Sounds like you have a busy week to deal with!! Thanks for finding a few moments to keep up with the thread :cheer2:

For those asking about discount rates at BC/YC standard view rooms, I was able to get one last year and I used a PIN code for 2011 and 2010. I used the VISA rate this year for a GardenView room.

NM: So jealous that your trip in coming so soon!!

13. VbChristy

VbChristy DIS Veteran

In 6 days I get to make my dining reservations for my November trip with my new to arrive baby! So excited!! Now if flight prices would just come down so I could lock in my dates but in the meantime I will make tentative plans and reservations :) (for those that are wondering, we are coming from Detroit, and I refuse to fly spirit, and the rest of the prices are crazy high! Delta, our airline of choice is over $425 or so- for Orlando, that's ridiculous.

14. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Here's to hoping your airline gets booked with a great price :thumbsup2

Congrats on the new baby, that and a trip makes for a very exciting year .

15. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

trying to figure out how to post a picture. finished the Ariel dress got Great niece and am so pleased I wanted to share

16. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

I'm new here, and I love the chatter. Its friendly and fun - one of my favorite resort threads, and I've been on most of them :goodvibes.

17. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I think Dee has instructions posted somewhere on page 1? Don't worry, we ALL had to get her help figuring it out!!!

18. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

Too funny :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:
    :rotfl2:Happy birthday Ben :goodvibes

19. 1coolnini

1coolnini Mouseketeer

I have been checking weather dot com daily for the last two weeks to try and get an idea of what we can expect during our trip. Guess what?? Our arrival date now shows up on the 10 day forecast ! Woohoo! ( cloudy, high of 89, low of 70, 0% chance of rain)

Jan

20. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

Ack!! I just got a notice from Southwest reminding me of that very same fact! I've been extremely busy so I haven't had the time to go into Uber trip planning mode. I have a general idea of my trip since it will be Star Wars Weekends centered and we have done that before. Also we are only planning 3 ADR's for this trip. Brown Derby, Le Cellier and Kona for breakfast which will complete my Poly trifecta of having breakfast lunch and dinner there.

Not being tied to too many ADR's frees us up for some spontaneous dining options. I plan on steering the gang in the direction of the BC/YC for a Lobster and shrimp roll and ice cream break sometime during our trip. The boys will surely want some of those delicious burgers so it will be an easy sell. We plan on taking the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Yacht Club dock and then we will probably cab it back to our resort at POR after our lunch.

Hurricane Hannah's is open from 11:00am- 6:00pm and Beaches and Cream is open until 11:00am- 11:00pm with the take out window being our planned destination. There are outdoor tables located in that area so we can take our goodies over to them and sit down and enjoy. These tables are covered by an overhang from the building. There are also tables located indoors in the Marketplace area and the Solarium, so if the weather is too much for you to eat outside you have those options.

Remember Beaches and Cream does not take advanced reservations, except for large parties (don't know how large) so if you get there early, say at opening like Mickey T does then it will be fairly simple to get a table inside if you wish.

For those of you not staying at the resort this is an excellent opportunity for you to check it out. If you are bringing the kids with you you may need to put a paper bag over their heads so they don't get too good of a look at Storm Along Bay. Once they see that pool you'll never hear the end of it!

~NM

21. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Boy, I really, REALLY hate to "rain" on your parade, BUT that forecast can and will change many, many times before you arrive.

For a better assessment, try a local TV station

http://www.wesh.com/weather/7-day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.