2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Hi NM! :wave:

The Goodings store at the Crossroads is probably going to be the closest one to POR. It's expensive, but I've found Publix and Winn-Dixie to be pretty expensive, too. We like to drive to the Super Target...it's located due south of AK on 192....but it might be a pretty penny to take a cab.

I am totally going to take your advice and use my mug for a Grey Goose Slushie or a Margarita. Those darn frozen drinks sure do melt quickly in that dreadful "Florida in July" heat! I'm thinking the insulation in the mug might just help my melting drink problem. :cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Technically, if you purchase a refill mug at The Marketplace you should only refill it at the Beach Club/Yacht Club resort stations (The Marketplace, Hurricane Hanna's, Beaches & Cream takeout and the Ale & Compass lounge at the YC. I'm told the Ale & Compass offers non-Nescape coffee in the morning. You can refill your mugs with coffee and/or softdrinks at that station until 11 or noon, I think.

If you purchase the mug at BWI, then you could use refill the mug at the bakery and other locations at the Board Walk.

4. HubbDave

HubbDave Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

It sort of depends how much you order and what you order. Premium prices, plus fees, tip...

It is convenient but there is a price to pay. Shipping it yourself or choosing Amazon or something can be better. Obviously lots of threads on it...

5. HubbDave

Mmmmmmmm....Grey Goose Slushie......

6. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

For free yes I agree, but if you pay for a drink why can't you transfer it to whatever cup you want?

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Absolutely. I was answering this question on the assumption of refilling the mug without charge, rather than paying OOP for the drink. By all means, use the refill or another reusable cup as much as possible and fill it whereever you want if you are paying for your drink!

8. Gr8t Fan

Gr8t Fan DIS Veteran

We like the Winn Dixie on 535 just past DTD. Not quite as hectic as the Super Walmart and a better selection (and better prices) than Publix. As a bonus, there is an ABC Liquors store on the outer edge of the Winn Dixie parking lot so we always stop there too.

9. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

D'oh, forgot to mention the liquor store! Yes, we hit it too. :)

10. EagleScout

EagleScout Mouseketeer

Looking like it will be crowded next week - did a quick check of our dates (may 11-17), and only rooms left at bc were std view club level, and at yc, only had 2 br suites, and no bcv villas for rent on disney site, and no rooms at swan or dolphin (maybe we will be forced to endure an upgrade). Obviously this may be a combo of mothers day weekend (for flower garden), and then star wars (starts Friday may 17), so maybe less crowded "in the middle" of trip, but definitely looks to have some busy days - hope not overly crowded at sab or the epcot area restaurants and epcot world food pavilions. Luckily we do have mothers day dinner reservations at kouzzine- about the only one we have-rest is "winging it" for dinner at epcot or boardwalk pizza, which my son and I LOVE.

11. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Natebenma, thank you for the fabulous idea of contacting IPO to get the Wishes Dessert Party booked. They were able to reserve for our family on Saturday July 14! Woo hoo! :good vibes:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. LoveMickeyMouse

LoveMickeyMouse Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Congrats!!!!!!! So happy for you!! :goodvibes

I really don't understand why my family isn't jumping up and down like me. They like WDW......

13. JediBonas

JediBonas DIS Veteran

Not sure where my brain is, I wasn't even thinking of Amazon. That might be the way to go, thanks!

14. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

That lady lives for this........:chat:...
    Like a touchdown with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter to her.

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I believe the limited edition supply of laminated Sunken Treasure recipe cards custom=made by Magicalmoments4 have all been distributed to happy future Yacht & Beach Club guests.

:drinking1

If I have not welcomed you to the thread yet,

:welcome:

Not sure if the deluxe rooms are subject to discounts, but I would think so.

Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

:goodvibes:

Awesome shirts!!!

Have a fantastic trip

:woohoo:

:welcome: dismom75

Have you booked for December?

:cool2:

There is a Disney Codes and Rates forum of the DIS- it is a subforum of the Resorts forum. Discount info can often be found there. I have been following the July-August threads posted by Danny25 and black562

There are also travel websites that will send you newsletters or info about upcoming specials when you sign up- Mousesavers is one, and the agency HubbDave mentions in his post is another.

I do know some people who have received discounts on a BC or YC standard view room for travel this summer.

:welcome: and thanks for the info!

:goodvibes:

:welcome:

Thank YOU for posting this!!! I have been checking for mid July- I checked this morning. I was away most of the afternoon, so I didn't know my date had opened up until I saw your message.

Our family is now booked for July 19- our last night and our anniversary! :woohoo:

Very excited since we have never done the party before (or even seen Wishes). I believe I have read that there is a photopass photographer up there. That will come in handy for those of us trying to get the most out of our photopass account! ;)

16. VbChristy

VbChristy DIS Veteran

Do you have to pay for the convention center to receive the box if you are staying at the yacht club?

17. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Yes.

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

And the address for IPO works. Space and all!!!

:cool1:

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Just a heads up- we are speeding towards the magical 250th page of this thread, so I will be starting up a new (but very familiar) version of this forum in a few days. I'll let you know when it is time to check out our new digs.

I'll be away most of tomorrow-helping to run the Staff Appreciation luncheon at the middle school. Still have to make my two contributions- Berry Cole Slaw and Chicken Marsala.

Then towards the end of the week I need to prepare for Ben's birthday party- a Hobbit/Dr. Who themed extravaganza complete with "Geek Salad", Nerds Candy and a Tardis cake.

:cheer2:

What do we want?

Time Travel!!!

When do we want it?

Irrelevant!

:cheer2:

20. HubbDave

Lol...post pics of the cake. I have several friends and students who are big Dr. Who fans. I haven't watched since Sarah Jane Smith...

21. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

And the Hall of Presidents :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.