2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

7 days til we break out our 99 day countdown calendar! :yay: It's snowing today :sad1: I guess they balance each other out.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Not totally sure but I think they all do.

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We had a wonderful GV room looing out to Volleyball grassy area. Full balcony, if we looked to the right off our balcony we could see the Boardwalk and lake.
    At night we could see the higher Illuminations over roof. Short walk to lounge and elevators, it was just perfect. And the CL staff are wonderful.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:sad2: Just crazy! Been watching CNN all morning. Glad you are all safe. So scary that these young men acted like normal people involved in their community/school. Yet lurking below the surface are cold blooded murderers.

6. CT Disney

CT Disney Mouseketeer

We ate in the ball room. It was lovely. The west wing looked really neat too and was a bit less crowded. If you eat in the west wing make sure to check out the ripped picture of the prince. Every 7 or 8 minutes there is a thunderstorm and the picture transforms into a picture of the beast. The enchanted rose is very cool too.

Three people in our family had the ham and gruyere cheese sandwiches. Very large and very yummy! My son had the kids turkey sandwich and really liked it.

For dessert my dh and I had the chocolate cream puffs which were SO GOOD! And the kids both loved the triple chocolate cupcakes.

My biggest recommendation is to walk around the restaurant and check out all the little details. We were really impressed by everything!

7. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Here is a map of the BC floor plan. But it is outdated, The categories have changed for some rooms, but you can get a general idea.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110709015029/http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

8. Karebear

Karebear Mouseketeer

So glad to hear the news--enjoy your cruise! :goodvibes

9. chirurgeon

chirurgeon I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.

I got a ground floor room, unfortunately it's a little far from the lobby, but with an ECV it isn't too bad. Room 1022, I am paying for garden view, but I guess it's technically water view since there is a little off shoot from the water way leading to DHS. One queen bed, with a daybed and a club chair. Plenty of room for the ECV. I do wish they had ottomans for the chair.

Kim

10. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

We arrived last Sunday and have been having so much fun I haven't posted! We requested a daybed even though there are only three of us because each having our own bed sounded heavenly. We had to wait a little while longer to check in (like an hour) but we got it and it's great. We only have a half balcony, but that wasn't a priority. Our room is right above the Marketplace so it's super close to lobby and elevators. Our view is a courtyard with beautiful magnolia trees.

First time staying at BC and I'm in love! Housekeeping, staff, store, restaurants all wonderful. SAB has been very crowded, but other than that it's peaceful.

We're here two more days. I will need Disney Detox from all the eating, drinking, walking, and spending, but I can't wait to come back again!

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Quick reply before heading to the theater for the opening of Aristocats. A glimmer of light in what has been a very sad and scary week around here.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

There is a new menu for both the bar and restaurant. I think I have a link in the dining section on Page 1. There is a new lobster and shrimp roll that looks delish!

No idea about crowds.

Have a great trip!

Have you had any luck getting prices for the potential change in dates for your trip?

Another :welcome: since I'm going through again.

:woohoo:

Thanks for that info!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:)

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!!!

12. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Three weeks from this moment we'll be landing at MCO! I pulled out our suitcases, attached luggage tags and bought/separated all toiletries. This will be the longest three weeks ever....

13. 1coolnini

1coolnini Mouseketeer

We will be behind you by 7 days. 4 weeks from this moment we should be on the ME heading to BC.

Jan

14. KUFamily

KUFamily Earning My Ears

Five weeks for us!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Hope the weeks fly by for you both and you have wonderful vacations!!

15. Tiggerish

Tiggerish DIS Veteran

We would like to eat at Cape May for dinner during our Beach Club. In order for some of our more particular eaters to get enough food, it would be helpful if we could be there on a night that they are serving fried shrimp. Have done some searching and get conflicting information, used to be Sat night, but is now Wednesday and Sunday? :confused3

Does anyone know for sure?

16. suetoo

suetoo Mouseketeer

I just had to say how much I appreciate this thread and how pleasant everyone is...and willing to share info. I recently, like 2 days ago, also subscribed to another thread that shall not be named;) When I clicked on it today, it was a literal war zone...people fighting over whose info was MORE correct and accusing others of false info to discourage people from going during their week to WDW....for 4 pages! This thread seems more like family, you all are looking out for each other , ESP for those in Boston, which has sadly turned into an actual war zone this week. So, although I don't post much and mostly just read, I truly enjoy becoming part of this group! Thank you all!!

17. brajfamily

brajfamily Mousketeer

We are here now and storm along bay has been closed since around 3:00. Initially we were told there was an "incident" (suggesting a kid had a bathroom accident in the pool) but it would reopen in 30 minutes. Then we were told it may be a few hours, pump related. I called down to the front desk and was told it would be closed for the next 24 hours due to a chemical imbalance. So, although I'm here, I'm wondering if anyone on disboards knows what this may be about. I can't seem to get a straight story. Just hoping it opens tomorrow....
    Thanks!

18. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

We'll see you there!:thumbsup2

19. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

We will see you both there!

20. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

We're also exactly 4 weeks from today. We're scheduled to arrive at 1:50 p.m. Are you arriving later from CA? It would be funny if we ended up onthe same ME bus!

21. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Love your DD's emoticon (is that what it's called???)

Wish I were just 3 or 4 weeks away :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.