2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure and take Ninja Mom with you..............have her put towels on the poolside lounge chairs, and Dee can make us all matching T-shirts to wear :)

What do you think NM? I'll buy the first round of Sunken Treasures..... ok, maybe the first two or three! :thumbsup2 I think we might have to limit the number of chairs we put towels on though - don't want the lifeguards to get mad at us. Since we're planning on moving to FL this fall, my DW can visit on weekends, so she shouldn't be too upset (yeah right!!). Dee..... please make my T-shirt an XXL.

Ed

:banana: :banana: :banana: I am working on perfecting my "Chair Hog Alert Snort" (CHAS) even as we speak! Tomorrow I will start practicing the "Snapping of the Butt with a Wet Pool Towel" (SOB-WePT)!

Just finished online check in and we are at around a month out! We do have dinner reservations each night, but I am interested in suggestions for quick service lunch ideas for MK, HS, and Epcot. Thanks!

I do have an Insider's tip About DHS. When grabbing a sandwich or dessert at Starring Rolls there never seems to be enough seats and they are outside in the heat or rain to boot. Aside from the "Cement Time Out Corner" (C-TOC) that Dee tried to popularize (UNsuccessfully!) last year, most people don't realize that you can hoof your tray a short distance over to the ABC Commissary and eat in Air Conditioned Bliss (ACB at the ABC!) at one of the tables there. Why heck, there are even TV's there to keep the kiddies entertained while you digest some of those wonderful Starring Rolls Desserts!

The ABC Commissary is one of those places that has way too many seats so no worries about finding a table there. I'm sure those with a variety of neuroses might wonder if it's "kosher" to leave your tray from Starring Rolls At the ABC Commissary. Ninja Mom is here to tell you to get off the ledge and back in the building. It's ok... trust me!

Oops! Gotta run.... security is coming and my Super Soaker is out of water...

old-lady-super-soaker-290x160.png

~NM

if I chose near transportation on my online check in- what does that mean in terms of closeness to everything else? Thanks!

I am so in on the "kids are out of the house" Sunken Treasure meet!

I'm in! I'd love to attend a meet in a non-flat form someday! :)

Aside from the "Cement Time Out Corner" (C-TOC) that Dee tried to popularize (UNsuccessfully!) last year, most people don't realize that you can hoof your tray a short distance over to the ABC Commissary

What? Not popular? You tell us this AFTER we took a family photo in Dee's Corner at Starring Rolls. I'll opt to sit in the corner, but will also admit that this is a great idea. There certainly ARE a lot of empty tables over at ABC . . . I like to stay positive, so I won't submit a detailed review of that particular CS location.

if I chose near transportation on my online check in- what does that mean in terms of closeness to everything else? Thanks!

Since the rooms near the lobby are close to the bus stop and relatively close to the boat launch, I would guess that means close to lobby/BC Marketplace/solarium/Cape May. When staying non-CL at BC, that would be my favorite location and I'd definitely check that one (along with full balcony, of course!)

I'm in! I'd love to attend a meet in a non-flat form someday! :

Since the rooms near the lobby are close to the bus stop and relatively close to the boat launch, I would guess that means close to lobby/BC Marketplace/solarium/Cape May. When staying non-CL at BC, that would be my favorite location and I'd definitely check that one (along with full balcony, of course!)

THANK YOU! that is what I was looking for! :)

DisneyMomx7 said:
We did do one "surprise trip" for our kids. They still talk about it and say it was the best trip ever! They didn't know until the morning of the trip when we woke them to go to the airport. They didn't even believe us at first until they saw "summer clothes" at the end of their beds instead of their uniforms!
Our favorite trip was our surprise trip! Our little one was so in shock, she went back to bed thinking it was a joke. "You must be kidding," she said. Wish we could pull another one off, but now they think every time we have a surprise it's a trip to Disney.

TeenaS said:
Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

So exciting! Love your husband's thinking! By the way, any word on if they are switching your days? We arrive on a Tuesday and leave very early on a Sunday.

BradleyB said:
I can't believe it's here! We have a Friday redeye flight and arrive early Saturday morning. Have our ME vouchers and PP+ in hand.

The "girls" are really excited and going for their mani-pedis this afternoon, and we pack tonight.

We have two studios at BCV. Quick question:

What kind of coffee makers are in the villas?

I think I read Mr. Coffee makers in the regular rooms, but I'm not sure about the villas and my wife needs her coffee in the morning or else!:duck:

Looking forward to first "no kid" trip!

Best Aunt said:
Here's a picture of the coffeemaker in a BCV studio from March 2012. But since it's more than a year old now, you might want to ask this question over on the DVC Resorts board.

Please note that the coffeemaker in the 2BR was different.
These are the coffee makers we've always had in the villas.

ParrotBill said:
Please add me to the BOG list....

BVC August 24-31 (following AKV)

We are driving from Rochester NY for a 2 week trip staying at Universal, Clearwater, AKV and BCV. AKV will be a new WDW resort to add to the notches in our Rafikki Stick. After that we need Poly, All Star (will cheat to count as one), Pop and AoA to say we've stayed in them all!

We are doing the same trip - AKV then BCV the week before you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I did have one poolside server who didn't know what a Sunken Treasure was. She was very nice, so I explained it was a wonderful blue drink, and the bartenders would definitely know what it was. She came back a few minutes later with drinks in hand... so be patient if you get a server who is unfamiliar with our favorite concoction.:cool1:

I do have an Insider's tip About DHS. When grabbing a sandwich or dessert at Starring Rolls there never seems to be enough seats and they are outside in the heat or rain to boot. Aside from the "Cement Time Out Corner" (C-TOC) that Dee tried to popularize (UNsuccessfully!) last year, most people don't realize that you can hoof your tray a short distance over to the ABC Commissary and eat in Air Conditioned Bliss (ACB at the ABC!) at one of the tables there. Why heck, there are even TV's there to keep the kiddies entertained while you digest some of those wonderful Starring Rolls Desserts!

What? Not popular? You tell us this AFTER we took a family photo in Dee's Corner at Starring Rolls. I'll opt to sit in the corner, but will also admit that this is a great idea. There certainly ARE a lot of empty tables over at ABC . . . I like to stay positive, so I won't submit a detailed review of that particular CS location.

For those of you who may not be familiar with my "time-out" corner- here is a little background and snippet from my 145 Middle Schoolers- Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail? trip report.

We were on day 3 of our trip. My group consisted of 14 14 year-old-boys and 5 other chaperones. And NOBODY wanted to listen to my suggestions! Under the guise of getting FP for ToT (which I did), I snagged a solo lunch at Starring Rolls while the rest of the crew dined at the ABC Commisary. So glad I did NOT follow NM's advice to take my tray back there:

I didnt want to take up one of the tables all by myself, so I found a little corner to sit in and enjoy my alone-ness! I was so happy that I asked someone to snap a picture of my solo lunch.

Im-in-a-group-with-14-teenage-boys-and-I-escaped-and-Im-eating-all-alone. Will-you-please-take-my-picture?

The guy and his family were amused by my story.

P1110114.jpg

P1110111.jpg

P1110113.jpg

And to get back to the original question- these are my fave CS meals:

EP- Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe (France and Japan are good too)

MK- Columbia Harbor House by a long shot, followed by Pecos Bill, but like others have said, Be Our Guest is extremely tempting if you can handle the wait.

AK- Tamu Tamu is our Go To Go To. Yes, it is really a place! Nobody knows it is there in Africa at the crossroads of the path to Asia. Yummy sandwiches and a cool seating area.

HS- What to say? Go to Starring Rolls, eat at ABC.

TeenaS ~ Your name (and the spelling) look so familiar... I know I must have met you at BCR at some point last week and didn't even realize it.

For those of you who may not be familiar with my "time-out" corner- here is a little background and snippet from my 145 Middle Schoolers- Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail? trip report.

Cute pic of your little corner... I understand the need to escape from 14 year old boys. LOL When we were at Starring Rolls last week during lunchtime, they had not put out the sushi trays. Don't be afraid to ask... the super sweet CM checked in the back and an extremely fresh tray had just been delivered. Yay! :)

Where did you find the picture of my mom with a super soaker?

We were posted next to each other on The FBI's most wanted Bulletin Board. Did you know your Mom's nickname is the Bingo Bandit?

Yep, the ABC commissary is not what too many would consider 'good eats'. Think of how jealous you can make everyone sitting there with their dried out burgers and Strawberry Parfait while you nosh on your Black Forest Ham Sandwich and Napoleon or Eclairs or Fresh Fruit Tart! Ooh la LA!

~NM

Love the pics of the Concrete Corner of Fame. Starring Rolls treats look tasty

Getting a little nervous about doing the whole resort change thing. Arrive at AS Sports on Friday, just to sleep (dirt cheap) then 7 days at BC. Flights on Friday were $450 cheaper than Saturday.

Do we just leave the luggage in the room? Do we check out then check in at BC?

I appreciate all the info and smiles in this thread

Cute pic of your little corner... I understand the need to escape from 14 year old boys. LOL When we were at Starring Rolls last week during lunchtime, they had not put out the sushi trays. Don't be afraid to ask... the super sweet CM checked in the back and an extremely fresh tray had just been delivered. Yay! :)

When I was there at lunchtime, I was maybe behind a dozen other people in line. One of the CMs announced that they ran out of sandwiches and it would be about 15 minutes before they would have more. I piped up "Do you still have sushi?"

They did, and I moved to the Front of the Line.

It was really a magical, happy lunch!

14 teenaged boys?! I think an escape into the concrete corner was totally justified! There is always a point at WDW when my husband sends me off for some alone time, too many days of one bathroom and family togetherness, well, Mom needs a few minutes of space. If it happens at HS, I might borrow your spot with red velvet cupcake in hand! :)

Love the pics of the Concrete Corner of Fame. Starring Rolls treats look tasty

Getting a little nervous about doing the whole resort change thing. Arrive at AS Sports on Friday, just to sleep (dirt cheap) then 7 days at BC. Flights on Friday were $450 cheaper than Saturday.

Do we just leave the luggage in the room? Do we check out then check in at BC?

I appreciate all the info and smiles in this thread

Never fear Hubby dear! Here's how it works AND it's a breeze!

1) You don't actually have to Check out of a WDW hotel. They expect you to be out of the room by 11 am. *

2) When you are ready to leave, call bell services at the hotel you are at now and tell them you are transferring your luggage to the BC/YC/BCVillas. They will come to the room take your luggage, tag it and give you a receipt.

~Here is the KEY part to understand about luggage transfers between resorts!~

They will not even move your luggage from the resort you just stayed at until the afternoon... maybe say after 2 pm or later. They store it at Bell Services at the resort you just were staying at until it is time to move it to the next location.

WHY?? Because your room technically is not supposed to be ready until:
Resort Check In Time

After 4pm:All Value Resorts; All Disney Vacation Resorts

After 3pm:All Deluxe Resorts, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness

After 1pm:Fort Wilderness Campsites.

~~~SO, even if you did get into your room early at the new resort there will be a slight delay until after the above times when your luggage will finally be ready.

How do we deal with this?? We just put our swim suits in a back pack and went to the parks with them and anything else we needed like medication or sun 'scream'. You could also TAKE a suitcase or two or ALL for that matter and cab it/drive over to the next resort and have bell services HOLD it for you until your room is ready at the next hotel. I'm pretty sure they don't allow luggage on the buses that take you to the parks so it's either CAB/Bell Services or YOU drive it over to the next resort. If you're really cheap you could look for one of those 'unattended' shopping carts miles from the nearest supermarket and push it over yourself, but they are virtually impossible to find so it's not recommended.

We opted to use Bell services at POP to transport our luggage over to the BC when we stayed in December. We had valuables in the luggage like computers and ipads and video game crapola and we told bell services this. They told us they would lock up the luggage. We never looked back and everything was fine when we saw it in our room later. DH was there when Bell services brought it to out BC room. (not me)

After having this experience I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Yeah sure we were a little nervous but then after we handed the luggage over we never looked back. The one thing Disney really does right it the luggage service IMHO.

So just keep all of the above in mind and then you can rest assured, knowing that your luggage is in good hands and this is how the system works!

~NM

* if you are running late at check out the housekeeping staff has my cell number on speed dial and I come over with my fully loaded "Super Soaker" and roust you out of the room!

Thanks NinjaMom! Great info. That makes total sense.

Excellent advice (as always) on the packing bathing suits, etc. in the daddy pack. My back can take it knowing that Sunken Treasures await.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter