2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading on another thread that some said if you talk bad about a "resort that will not be named" they will send out the ___ army :rotfl2:on you.

It stuck me so funny, thinking about how nice and light hearted this resort thread is. Kind of like a bunch of jimmy buffet fans drinking sunken treasure all day by the pool:beach: when you leave you get a bumper sticker from lizzy from cars that : says "don't worry be happy" :flower3: doing a conga line :dance3:

Sorry couldn't help it!

hi teena! :) we saw you on our stay at the bc in 08! you were so nice! we hope to do a trip to wdw in sept :goodvibes please let us know how your cruise on the fantasy is. we have never cruised but have put some serious thought on a disney cruise. have a great trip! :wizard:

I can't believe it's here! We have a Friday redeye flight and arrive early Saturday morning. Have our ME vouchers and PP+ in hand.

The "girls" are really excited and going for their mani-pedis this afternoon, and we pack tonight.

We have two studios at BCV. Quick question:

What kind of coffee makers are in the villas?

I think I read Mr. Coffee makers in the regular rooms, but I'm not sure about the villas and my wife needs her coffee in the morning or else!:duck:

Looking forward to first "no kid" trip!

Bring basket filters and coffee for a 12 cup coffee maker. That is what both the villas and studios have.

ETA: The studios might have 4 cup coffee makers now. It has been a few years since I have been in one.

I've been on the computer all morning. With only ten days to go, I had to reserve our parking spot, fill in the on-line check-in stuff, get the cat sitter lined up, etc. Got Bob running out to fax the medical form into the cruise line. He'll be back soon and up in the attic pulling out the suitcases. He's so cute!! He'll be all packed by tonight.

Like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!

I bet you have a great system by now for getting everything lined up!!

I was reading on another thread that some said if you talk bad about a "resort that will not be named" they will send out the ___ army :rotfl2:on you.

It stuck me so funny, thinking about how nice and light hearted this resort thread is. Kind of like a bunch of jimmy buffet fans drinking sunken treasure all day by the pool:beach: when you leave you get a bumper sticker from lizzy from cars that : says "don't worry be happy" :flower3: doing a conga line :dance3:

Sorry couldn't help it!

I love this!!!

I hope one year when ALL of our friends from this thread have raised our kids, kicked them to the curb, and are ready for some fun ... we all meet at BC/YC and have a HUGE Dismeet "Jimmy Buffet" style party!!!:banana::banana:

Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.

Awesome! Glad to hear of your next cruise! Im sure you'll have an excellent time! Love your husbands reason for the trip...LOL. We'll be at BCV 19-30, hope to meet you again sometime then.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hi teena! :) we saw you on our stay at the bc in 08! you were so nice! we hope to do a trip to wdw in sept :goodvibes please let us know how your cruise on the fantasy is. we have never cruised but have put some serious thought on a disney cruise. have a great trip! :wizard:

Right now I have absolutely nothing planned for September so on any Sunday and Monday in September I should be there and look forward to talking to you about our MANY Disney cruises. We love cruising and I can talk your ear off about it ... as many of the group here can tell you. Please PM me if you have any questions before September though.

Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.

Have a great trip!

Awesome! Glad to hear of your next cruise! Im sure you'll have an excellent time! Love your husbands reason for the trip...LOL. We'll be at BCV 19-30, hope to meet you again sometime then.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'll see you then. I'll be back in the lobby on 4/28 and 29. I'll be the one with the big "I was just at Castaway Cay" SMILE on my face.

I love this!!!

I hope one year when ALL of our friends from this thread have raised our kids, kicked them to the curb, and are ready for some fun ... we all meet at BC/YC and have a HUGE Dismeet "Jimmy Buffet" style party!!!:banana::banana:

Count me in!!!!

Hello all, I have been avoiding this thread because it was making me too sad... We had a trip of a lifetime in May 2012, staying 10 days BC CL. I then planned to do the TOT 10 miler as an excuse to both get in shape and get back to Disney in 2013. Unfortunately, I....

~SNIP!~

An opportunity presented itself. A close friend asked if our family would like to go with them to Disney for a week in late August. ~SNIP!~

I decided that I can't let this opportunity go by, especially when my friend wants to do BEACH CLUB with us!!!

Still early in the planning, and I haven't mentioned it to my stressed out DH yet, but I can see this happening. ~SNIP!!~

Anyway, I hope to come here for more info as my plotting and scheming continues!!

OH WOW!! Never give up hope! :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so happy to hear this!! Sometimes when life gives you lemons you have to make a Mojito any way you can. ;) :drinking1

Good luck with the planning and the scheming. Late August is a great time to go to WDW and the prices tend to drop as more people stop vacationing and get back to the business of life. I really think this trip will take the edge off of some of the other things that are bringing you down!

This thread has been very informative!!! We head down to the YC in less that 60 days and I'm trying to get my game plan on. This will be my first trip to Disney and it is very overwhelming for me. I am very accustomed to lazy beach vacations and I'm trying to wrap my head around having to wait in lines. (well that and making dining reservations 180 days out (although we were just over 100 days out when we booked.)

The questions I had about what time we should leave YC to make it to MK rope drop was answered previously in the thread but I have a follow up. What do you guys do for 30-60-90 minutes after you arrive at the park but before you are let in? If you are chosen to be the "the family of the day" what exactly does it entail? Trying to decide if I arrive early and schmooze up a CM as someone suggested.

Thanks!!!

I know what you mean about the lazy beach vacation versus a trip to WDW!
We find that if we hit rope drop and leave by lunch time for a break, this type of vacation, while still an active one, is manageable. I'd recommend walking for 30 mins to an hour 4 times a week to get your self in shape for a WDW vacation. Having your tootsies in fine form before you go really helps to make the whole thing more manageable IMHO.

Usually I find that unless I leave super early I am always busy with bag check and then the welcome show starts. I have not yet been able to get to the MK any where near early enough to be in the running for family of the day. I think you have to be there over an hour early. At least that's the scuttle butt I've heard from people reporting that they were picked.

Now since it's me, if I did get there that early, I can imagine I would keep myself entertained by squirting security with my Super Soaker water pistol, but that's just me... ;) All that walking I did before the trip will really pay off when I have to start RUNNING to avoid being captured. Fortunately I am still on the lam as security has not yet caught up with me.... but like my husband says, "It's only a matter of time".

~NM

How fun! The price of rum is cheaper there too ;) My in-laws have a condo on St. Thomas and we used to go quite a bit. Recently, my mother-in -law has been sick and we have not been going. I miss it. Have a great trip!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Mickey T's 6th annual 1/2 marathon! Yesterday, I watched the 10K sell out, and today I'm watching the 1/2 marathon reach 51%. That's OK - we'll be there in 2015!

Teena, YAY!!!! What great news - I'm SO excited for you!!! I still need to make up for that missed Castaway Cay day on the Dream in 2011. Hoping to get back to the Wonder eventually . . .

Feckless, I'm with you! We have DL this summer while we're in Newport and then a Disney break in 2014. Meanwhile, I consider imaginary trips for the BC/YC meet in July and the 1/2 Marathon in January 2014. Glad the friends here continue to be so welcoming as my photos and BC/YC information start to age!

Robyn, I remember you telling the story of your surprise long ago and just love it! I just love surprises, but the time we tried it, our middle son made the all star baseball team for the first time and a couple games conflicted with our surprise trip. So we ended up telling the boys about a week before departure, so that our middle son would know the situation and be assured that the coach would still let him play the other games. But it was a wonderful time at WDW and BC! Maybe we'll give it another try someday!

Zup2002, we're at the bus stop to MK about an hour before opening. The bus isn't usually there right away - might have to wait 5-15 minutes. The bus ride itself is about 15-18 minutes, depending on whether it stops at BWI. Then there's the walk over to the security check from the bus takes a few minutes, the line for the bag check, going through the turnstiles (or now, the RFID thingies.) And the opening show starts about 10 minutes before opening. So if you add up all that time together, there's not much down time! But if the boys are still eating breakfast items from the Marketplace or the club lounge, we throw those in a ziplock and bring it along - just in case we're waiting a few minutes for the opening show to begin.

Have fun!!

Oh I love plotting and scheming!!!

ME too :lmao: Hope it all works out Feckless :)

Have to say I love the way Bob's mind works :rotfl2: Have a wonderful time> :goodvibes
I love this!!!

I'm definitely up for that party :goodvibes

I'll volunteer to go now and start reserving space for us. I know, I know...... it may be a while, but I'll make the sacrifice! I wonder how many Sunken Treasures I'll have while I wait for everyone? :rolleyes1

Ed

Can I borrow him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter