2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the earliest I should make an ADR if we land at 4:45pm and are taking DME to YC?
Considering just eating at BnC, on the BW somewhere and getting to bed early, or making ADR at CApt Grille or a MK restaurant since its open til 11pm.
Thoughts?

This thread has been very informative!!! We head down to the YC in less that 60 days and I'm trying to get my game plan on. This will be my first trip to Disney and it is very overwhelming for me. I am very accustomed to lazy beach vacations and I'm trying to wrap my head around having to wait in lines. (well that and making dining reservations 180 days out (although we were just over 100 days out when we booked.)

Our flight arrives around 5:00pm and from what I read, I can expect to arrive at the park around 6:30 use ME. Would you recommend online check in. Is that a high volume arrival time? It seems like most people (at least DISers) arrive in the morning. Our plan for arrival is to head to HH to eat dinner and hit the SAB to burn any excess energy before bed. I plan to have swimsuits and pajamas packed in our carry on.

The questions I had about what time we should leave YC to make it to MK rope drop was answered previously in the thread but I have a follow up. What do you guys do for 30-60-90 minutes after you arrive at the park but before you are let in? If you are chosen to be the "the family of the day" what exactly does it entail? Trying to decide if I arrive early and schmooze up a CM as someone suggested.

Finally, I see that Yuengling is available at CL but is it available at the Marketplace? Yuengling is a special treat for us since we don't live in an area they distribute to and I would love to have some bottles in the Room for DH to enjoy after the girls go to sleep. I've also booked an Illuminations Cruise and would like to have some drinks to take on it.

Thanks!!!

You could do a garden grocer order and have yuengling delivered to your room :) along with some snacks and other items :)

What is the earliest I should make an ADR if we land at 4:45pm and are taking DME to YC?
Considering just eating at BnC, on the BW somewhere and getting to bed early, or making ADR at CApt Grille or a MK restaurant since its open til 11pm.
Thoughts?

I would give yourself three hours to get to the YC and check into your room. Beaches and Cream is usually very busy at night. They don't take reservations, either. I would probably make a reservation at Captain's Grille or one of the other restaurants in the BW area.

Oh I love plotting and scheming!!!

Ohhhh...me too! I always book our resort before I tell my husband. He doesn't want to be bothered with the details until the week before we leave. The only reason I tell him is so he'll get the time off work (which sometimes doesn't happen so I vacation with the kids).

I would also never be able to surprise the kids with a trip to WDW. They are so stinking nosy! They listen intently to every single phone conversation. I'd never be able to keep it from them. Plus, I like to share the excitement in planning our trips with them!

Thanks everyone for the CL advice. I'm still not to sure if we will do CL or the QSDP. When we move over to the Poly we are doing CL there, so maybe, to change it up, we'll do the QSDP for our BC stay. Our breakfasts usually consists of leftover desserts from the day before. :) I like the QSDP...we used it last summer. We tend to share a lot of meals...we usually get 3 or 4 meals for the five of us (except at buffets). This allows us to stretch out meal allotment so we can have a few CS meals for breakfast, too. This trip, we have a couple of TS meals planned but the only one I think we'll keep is our dinner at BoG. So excited to see BoG and even more excited to have a glass of wine in MK!

I booked a tour for myself while my husband and kids are at their Y.E.S. class. I'm taking the Undiscovered FutureWorld tour. Has anyone done this one? I'd love to so the Backstage Magic tour but I don't want to spend 7+ hours on the tour. Maybe when the kids are older I'll do that one. I really wanted to do the Segway Tour....very disappointed they no longer hold it. I've done KTTK already and LOVED every second of it!

While at work this evening, I was talking with a Guest who is going to BC on Friday. I gushed about how lovely BC is. This is their first trip to WDW. When I explained how awesome the Kitchen Sink is, she was really excited. So jealous.......

Hi All! Here now at YC, and loving it. I saw a few questions that I can answer:

YC CL beers: bud light, Heineken, Yeung-Ling, Sam Adams - spring variety

Hair wraps: $2 per inch, $5 minimum for required beads on end. My daughters hair is a few inches past her shoulders, but it was still 15 inches, which surprised me! The wrapper, Amanda, knew what she was doing and gave me the price ahead if time - $35!

We checked in to CL SV for our first 2 nights, and have regular GV room for the second part of our stay. There are 5 of us, so we got a daybed. I asked the CL staff, Barbara, if we could possibly get a CL "overflow" room on a floor other than the 5th, so we wouldn't have to switch rooms on day 3. She was able to accommodate us! Although we missed nightly turndown and robes, etc. that are on 5th floor, not having to switch rooms really outweighed that for us.

Hello all, I have been avoiding this thread because it was making me too sad... We had a trip of a lifetime in May 2012, staying 10 days BC CL. I then planned to do the TOT 10 miler as an excuse to both get in shape and get back to Disney in 2013. Unfortunately, I injured my knee in November and am in physiotherapy trying to be able to walk without pain, so the run is out of the question. That plus unexpected house renos putting spring vacation plans off the table has made me very crabby! I finally let spoke out loud that I can't see us getting back in 2013 a couple of days ago and voila! An opportunity presented itself. A close friend asked if our family would like to go with them to Disney for a week in late August. Our kids are best friends and we have vacationed with them many times. It would be the most amazing experience for the kids, I cannot overstate this. My DD told me that vacationing to Disney with these friends would be the best experience of her life. And we even talked about surprising them... I decided that I can't let this opportunity go by, especially when my friend wants to do BEACH CLUB with us!!!

Still early in the planning, and I haven't mentioned it to my stressed out DH yet, but I can see this happening. We have plans made to go to Toronto for my son's birthday at the end of August to see the Blue Jays play the Yankees (his two favourite teams) and I was going to book 3 nights at Great Wolf Lodge at the end of that stay. If I cut that out, that will pay for half of the week at the BC! The logistics will be interesting, since we would be stopping in Toronto for 6 nights on the way home, and I may have to change around my DDs trip to visit my sister out west...

Anyway, I hope to come here for more info as my plotting and scheming continues!!

Such great news! I hope all your plotting and scheming works out. You could use a good dose of BC right now!

Feckless - so exciting! We did do one "surprise trip" for our kids. They still talk about it and say it was the best trip ever! They didn't know until the morning of the trip when we woke them to go to the airport. They didn't even believe us at first until they saw "summer clothes" at the end of their beds instead of their uniforms!

YCFAN - I know what you mean about a class act. Between losing her and Andy Griffith last year it seems like we are losing a lot of old friends.

This thread has been very informative!!! We head down to the YC in less that 60 days and I'm trying to get my game plan on. This will be my first trip to Disney and it is very overwhelming for me. I am very accustomed to lazy beach vacations and I'm trying to wrap my head around having to wait in lines. (well that and making dining reservations 180 days out (although we were just over 100 days out when we booked.)

Our flight arrives around 5:00pm and from what I read, I can expect to arrive at the park around 6:30 use ME. Would you recommend online check in. Is that a high volume arrival time? It seems like most people (at least DISers) arrive in the morning. Our plan for arrival is to head to HH to eat dinner and hit the SAB to burn any excess energy before bed. I plan to have swimsuits and pajamas packed in our carry on.

The questions I had about what time we should leave YC to make it to MK rope drop was answered previously in the thread but I have a follow up. What do you guys do for 30-60-90 minutes after you arrive at the park but before you are let in? If you are chosen to be the "the family of the day" what exactly does it entail? Trying to decide if I arrive early and schmooze up a CM as someone suggested.

Finally, I see that Yuengling is available at CL but is it available at the Marketplace? Yuengling is a special treat for us since we don't live in an area they distribute to and I would love to have some bottles in the Room for DH to enjoy after the girls go to sleep. I've also booked an Illuminations Cruise and would like to have some drinks to take on it.

Thanks!!!

Happy first trip! First night definitely bring swimsuits, PJ's in a carry on...you might want to bring a couple of little snacky things too, in case you're delayed getting to the resort, and the troops are restless and hungry- that always seems to happen to us!

MK rope drop there's usually some entertainment before hand- I don't know how early it starts- we're never there that early :) It mostly alternates between excited- yay! We're here! and whiny- how much longer til we go in?

My BFF and I will be staying at YC during food and wine in October. We are planning to spend time at MK, Epcot and the resort so we will be going back and forth a lot. I know we can walk to Epcot but what is the easiest way to get back and forth from YC to MK? I think we will take the monorail from MK to Epcot and then walk "home" from there when we need to but I'm just wondering about YC to MK. Thanks!

I enjoy reading all the comments on this thread. :goodvibes

Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.

Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.

A man from my own heart!!!

So glad you guys have another trip coming so soon!!!

Jay

I can't believe it's here! We have a Friday redeye flight and arrive early Saturday morning. Have our ME vouchers and PP+ in hand.

The "girls" are really excited and going for their mani-pedis this afternoon, and we pack tonight.

We have two studios at BCV. Quick question:

What kind of coffee makers are in the villas?

I think I read Mr. Coffee makers in the regular rooms, but I'm not sure about the villas and my wife needs her coffee in the morning or else!:duck:

Looking forward to first "no kid" trip!

Bummer!!! But, we will still be there on 4/28 though...will you be there then??

Hello all, I have been avoiding this thread because it was making me too sad... We had a trip of a lifetime in May 2012, staying 10 days BC CL. I then planned to do the TOT 10 miler as an excuse to both get in shape and get back to Disney in 2013. Unfortunately, I injured my knee in November and am in physiotherapy trying to be able to walk without pain, so the run is out of the question. That plus unexpected house renos putting spring vacation plans off the table has made me very crabby! I finally let spoke out loud that I can't see us getting back in 2013 a couple of days ago and voila! An opportunity presented itself. A close friend asked if our family would like to go with them to Disney for a week in late August. Our kids are best friends and we have vacationed with them many times. It would be the most amazing experience for the kids, I cannot overstate this. My DD told me that vacationing to Disney with these friends would be the best experience of her life. And we even talked about surprising them... I decided that I can't let this opportunity go by, especially when my friend wants to do BEACH CLUB with us!!!

Still early in the planning, and I haven't mentioned it to my stressed out DH yet, but I can see this happening. We have plans made to go to Toronto for my son's birthday at the end of August to see the Blue Jays play the Yankees (his two favourite teams) and I was going to book 3 nights at Great Wolf Lodge at the end of that stay. If I cut that out, that will pay for half of the week at the BC! The logistics will be interesting, since we would be stopping in Toronto for 6 nights on the way home, and I may have to change around my DDs trip to visit my sister out west...

Anyway, I hope to come here for more info as my plotting and scheming continues!!

Been wondering where you were hiding???

We surprised our DD in 2010 with a trip..................we didn't tell her until we were unloading suitcases at airport!!! It was worth every secretive moment :)

I am no doubt in Love with your husband!!! Maybe he could rub off on mine?:confused3

Have a great time planning!!!!

I am no doubt in Love with your husband!!! Maybe he could rub off on mine?:confused3

Have a great time planning!!!!

I've been on the computer all morning. With only ten days to go, I had to reserve our parking spot, fill in the on-line check-in stuff, get the cat sitter lined up, etc. Got Bob running out to fax the medical form into the cruise line. He'll be back soon and up in the attic pulling out the suitcases. He's so cute!! He'll be all packed by tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!