2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Get there early, they have limited spots and apparently ran out before noon. Weekdays might hold out longer.
Has anyone actually been to that section for a concert or Illuminations? Is it a good spot? How early do you have to arrive at the seating area!

Can anyone confirm that the current Fench cosmo slush is the same as prior years or has the flavor changed? It was cranberry sluch before and it has a different name this year. I'm hoping the drink itself is the same.

Can anyone confirm that the current Fench cosmo slush is the same as prior years or has the flavor changed? It was cranberry sluch before and it has a different name this year. I'm hoping the drink itself is the same.

I was wondering about that too. I don't expect it to be the same as there was nothing "sour" about the old cosmo slush. I'm sure it's still cranberry, though.

J&L'sMommy said:
Has anyone actually been to that section for a concert or Illuminations? Is it a good spot? How early do you have to arrive at the seating area!

I can't see any real need for this for a concert. I generally walk right in to any of them

There are 3 Unibroues on tap at the cart during the festival: Emphemere, Blonde de Chambly and Trois Pistoles. Don't know which Emphemere but probably the Apple.

I am not familiar with these beers, are they from Canada? Is the cart only there for F&W or is it seasonal and just overlaps with F&W? I can't find them listed or included on any of the F&W menu sites, are there other carts/items not included with the menus? I am already up to $241 on just the posted menu offerings. I don't think my stomach or wallet can take much more, but I feel like I have been missing out on something special lol!

tyia

I am not familiar with these beers, are they from Canada? Is the cart only there for F&W or is it seasonal and just overlaps with F&W? I can't find them listed or included on any of the F&W menu sites, are there other carts/items not included with the menus? I am already up to $241 on just the posted menu offerings. I don't think my stomach or wallet can take much more, but I feel like I have been missing out on something special lol!

tyia

Unibroue is a Quebec brewery that makes some excellent Belgian style ales.

I apologize for not taking the time to browse this thread but I could use some F&W expertise.

My wife just saw that Bethenny Frankel will be doing an event on Nov. 3 while we're there. Even though it is my birthday I told her she could check it out :) I didn't see anything about making reservations or buying tickets for it so can anyone help me out? Is it a first come first served deal?

"Discussions with Bethenny Frankel, Skinnygirl®, Hosted by Beam Inc. – NEW: Bethenny Frankel—popular television personality and founder of Skinnygirl® beverages—hosts a 30-minute talk show-style seminar where she explains how she developed her unique, low-calorie adult beverage products, and her years spent creating healthy dishes in the kitchen. Saturday, November 3 at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m."

Edit: Just called Disney and the person I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about and offered no additional info. :(

I was wondering about that too. I don't expect it to be the same as there was nothing "sour" about the old cosmo slush. I'm sure it's still cranberry, though.

I was there on Friday evening and the cocktail is different. It is called the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush, ingredients include Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka**, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice. Last year's was called the Parisian Cosmo Slush, ingredients were Ciroc Vodka, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice.

**(GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir combines the aroma of fresh cherries and sweet red fruits with dark fruit flavors and layers of spice.

I was there on Friday evening and the cocktail is different. It is called the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush, ingredients include Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka**, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice. Last year's was called the Parisian Cosmo Slush, ingredients were Ciroc Vodka, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice.

**(GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir combines the aroma of fresh cherries and sweet red fruits with dark fruit flavors and layers of spice.

Was the new one any good?

Wow, that sounds like an improvement to me, but I've never met a cosmopolitan I didn't like.

i am interested in this! it sounds better than last year's. hope it tastes good! :drinking1

that sounds amazingly tasty! Only a few more weeks to wait!

Did you try it? Was it good? I"m normally attracted more to sweet than to sour so I"m a bit worried that they goofed with my favorite drink at F&W. It's also up to $9.75 from last year's $8.50 so I"m hoping for an improvement, not a set back.

tyia

It's the standard beer cart at the Canadian pavillion that I believe is there year round, NOT the F&W kiosk. The cart usually serves Moosehead, but during F&W they bring out some kegs of Unibroue. Usually Le Cellier is the only place you can get the beers in WDW when not during F&W.

I didn't see anything about making reservations or buying tickets for it so can anyone help me out? Is it a first come first served deal?

"Discussions with Bethenny Frankel, Skinnygirl®, Hosted by Beam Inc. – NEW: Bethenny Frankel—popular television personality and founder of Skinnygirl® beverages—hosts a 30-minute talk show-style seminar where she explains how she developed her unique, low-calorie adult beverage products, and her years spent creating healthy dishes in the kitchen. Saturday, November 3 at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m."

:(

I found the following information on disneyworld.dining.go.com

Guests enjoy a variety of culinary experiences at little to no extra cost—only available during Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, September 28 through November 12, 2012.

These events, seminars and demonstrations can be found at the Festival Center at Epcot Theme Park, unless otherwise indicated.

This was where it listed your particular event. Further down it listed events that have an additional charge.

I also found on easywdw.com a photo journal of the Festival Center. He commented that even though the seats for a showing might be full, that you can stand in the back and still see. From the pictures, it looked like a partitioned off area with tables and chairs, that sort of created a room.

rachel09985 said:
I just read something on the Disney blog about Ghirardelli drinking chocolate!?? OMG that sounds ah-mazing!

Where is this located? In the Festival Welcome Center? Is it free?
Yes, at the welcome center they have a new display and no its not free sorry

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Can anyone give us some planning advice. We are headed to Epcot next Sunday with our 2 kids (age almost 3 and 6.5). Is the festival atmosphere ok for the kids? ........ It's not crazy drunken bacchanal right (and I say this as someone who plans to have a drink)?

I just got back from the opening weekend, and sadly can say this was first time I've ever been in a Disney park that was teeming with people acting like loud, drunken jerks. I'm from New Orleans, so am pretty used to seeing this kind of behavior during Mardi Gras, but seeing it at Disney totally took me by surprise. People were tripping over strollers, pushing little kids out of their way, and, as others have mentioned, wearing shirts that said, "Drunk 1" and "Drunk 2"- totally not the Disney family atmosphere, imo. I didn't even bring my kids, and I still left the park four hours early (despite really wanting to see the fireworks) just to get away. Sorry, but as much as I love, love, love Disney, and have been going regularly for 37 years, this was my first and last Food and Wine Festival.

However, since I'm not a regular Festival-goer, maybe my experience was because it was the opening weekend, and your weekend will be much less crowded. I can say that if you want to stay away from the flat-out drunk folks, just avoid the food booths entirely- or maybe have one parent get food at the booths and have the other parent wait with the kids at a quiet spot in each pavilion, since the heaviest and loudest crowds were on the footpath around the lake. Hope that helps!

hardybuz said:
I just got back from the opening weekend, and sadly can say this was first time I've ever been in a Disney park that was teeming with people acting like loud, drunken jerks. I'm from New Orleans, so am pretty used to seeing this kind of behavior during Mardi Gras, but seeing it at Disney totally took me by surprise. People were tripping over strollers, pushing little kids out of their way, and, as others have mentioned, wearing shirts that said, "Drunk 1" and "Drunk 2"- totally not the Disney family atmosphere, imo. I didn't even bring my kids, and I still left the park four hours early (despite really wanting to see the fireworks) just to get away. Sorry, but as much as I love, love, love Disney, and have been going regularly for 37 years, this was my first and last Food and Wine Festival.

However, since I'm not a regular Festival-goer, maybe my experience was because it was the opening weekend, and your weekend will be much less crowded. I can say that if you want to stay away from the flat-out drunk folks, just avoid the food booths entirely- or maybe have one parent get food at the booths and have the other parent wait with the kids at a quiet spot in each pavilion, since the heaviest and loudest crowds were on the footpath around the lake. Hope that helps!

Ugh. This was what I was fearing. Unfortunately we are only there over the weekend so a weekday isn't an option. However we are early risers and have a breakfast scheduled at akershus so we will be out early. We will probably be headed home by 5-5:30 so maybe we'll miss the worst of it? The phineas and ferb phone "spy" game was my sons favorite thing last time we came (when it was kimpossible) so I know he is going to want to do it.

Ugh. This was what I was fearing. Unfortunately we are only there over the weekend so a weekday isn't an option. However we are early risers and have a breakfast scheduled at akershus so we will be out early. We will probably be headed home by 5-5:30 so maybe we'll miss the worst of it? The phineas and ferb phone "spy" game was my sons favorite thing last time we came (when it was kimpossible) so I know he is going to want to do it.

I think you should be fine. This past weekend was also the Tower of Terror 10mile race so that brought in A LOT of people that wouldn't normally be there. The key to traveling during this event is to arrive early, have a plan and be patient. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter