2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Called WDW-FEST at 7AM for Irvine, connected at 7:12AM and was told to call back at 8AM. Wife called DVC number at 8AM and just got Irvine a minute ago.

Hmmm, she asked if I was a DVC or TIW member, no mention of Passholder. :confused3 Maybe they think it's only DVC & TIW right now?

407-939-3378

I was asked if I was DVC and AP, not TIW :confused3

I think it's for all three...regardless, they will look you up. I didn't have to provide any of my ID numbers...

I guess you just have to keep calling until you get a CM who knows what they are doing.
Unfortunately, that's true.

A couple of years ago, I failed to get the Signature Dinners that I wanted even though I got in the moment the line opened. The CM kept fumbling, unable to complete event bookings. When you try to book a Signature Dinner and the CM keeps asking what time you want at the restaurant, you know something is wrong. If you have to attempt to convince the CM that event reservations and regular dining reservations are not the same thing, you lose valuable time. If the CM then keeps telling you that he thinks it's "loading" but nothing happens, you lose even more time.

I realized my only option was to call back and talk to someone else. After spending time in the queue waiting, it was too late.

Most times, including today, I've reached wonderful CMs who knew exactly what to do and and how to do it efficiently.

Woohoo...got the three I needed! Biggest ones are Mixology on N10 and Warren Brown on N10. Not sure why Nala doesnt know Warren Brown...he was on Food Network way too often.

I am addicted to Food Network and I don't have a clue who this is either

Didn't bother to call on anything today. My schedule is a little up in the air

I was asked if I was DVC and AP, not TIW :confused3

I think it's for all three...regardless, they will look you up. I didn't have to provide any of my ID numbers...

I had to provide my AP number but the girl asked if I was DVC, AP, TIW or a Seasonal Passholder.

I called DVC (as I'm at work and I wanted toll-free) mostly to get it over with, since I wasn't booking anything that might sell out. Their computer was very slow, but it got done, not sure I'd do it for Robert Irvine or anything like that.

I'm going with the Grayson Schmitz demo on Oct 12, the Vodka mixology on Oct 15, and the demo by Yoshie (who is the sushi chef at the California Grill) on Nov. 10.

Later I will probably book the Scotch mixology on 9/29, but I'm not thinking that will sell out and it's a Saturday so I don't need to try for the discount.

I guess you just have to keep calling until you get a CM who knows what they are doing.

This is pretty typical - I 've been lucky, but I've known people who called the dining line to book festival events and got a CM who didn't even know there WAS a food & wine festival. By the time they got it straightened out because the CM tried to book regular restaurant reservations, the popular events were gone.

One thing that might help is making sure you have the times for the events you want in front of you when you call. The DVC gal seemed to be booking by time and not by the name of the presenter, in fact she asked me who was presenting. They are also using something called Tier 1 (those are the $14 demos) and Tier 2 (the $11 demos).

And yes, I forgot Warren Brown, he's even from my hometown. shame on me.

i had a CM how had no clue when i called DVC- couldnt get anythingi wanted- called the fest by that time it was sold out. So i got nothing. great start.

I called DVC (as I'm at work and I wanted toll-free) mostly to get it over with, since I wasn't booking anything that might sell out. Their computer was very slow, but it got done, not sure I'd do it for Robert Irvine or anything like that.

I'm going with the Grayson Schmidt demo on Oct 12, the Vodka mixology on Oct 15, and the demo by Yoshie (who is the sushi chef at the California Grill) on Nov. 10.

Later I will probably book the Scotch mixology on 9/29, but I'm not thinking that will sell out and it's a Saturday so I don't need to try for the discount.

This is pretty typical - I 've been lucky, but I've known people who called the dining line to book festival events and got a CM who didn't even know there WAS a food & wine festival. By the time they got it straightened out because the CM tried to book regular restaurant reservations, the popular events were gone.

One thing that might help is making sure you have the times for the events you want in front of you when you call. The DVC gal seemed to be booking by time and not by the name of the presenter, in fact she asked me who was presenting. They are also using something called Tier 1 (those are the $14 demos) and Tier 2 (the $11 demos).

And yes, I forgot Warren Brown, he's even from my hometown. shame on me.
I called DVC this morning, too. Got right in and had no trouble.

Booked a wine seminar for 10/1 & 10/2. Didn't take too long, but they do have a spiel about age, dress, bringing photo id & membership card, etc. I just let the CM get through it. Only had to listen to it for the first seminar and only had to give my cc once, that was nice.

I'm going to try for the Scotch Mixology on 9/29, too. :) Maybe I'll see you there - I'll try to remember to have something DIS or lime green with me, :)

I'm also hoping to get in on the Grand Marnier thing on 9/30 and the Tutto Gusto lunch on 10/3. I'll probably call the WDW-FEST line for those since MS doesn't open until 9 am on 8/14.

Good luck to everyone!

WDW-FEST is the go-to for booking on 8/14, as they open at 7 eastern. Unless DVC opens early for booking, Member Services won't be open for booking until 9. That may be great if you are looking for less popular events as they may not get slammed at 9 like the regular lines get at 7. I'm still on the fence about the Radeberger Beer Dinner but that looks like it will be huge in capacity because they're having it in the World Showplace, so I think it can wait a little while, but I think I need to call ASAP for some of my events, like the Via Napoli beer thing.

AJ - if you were looking for Disney links, the ones in the first post are from Disney - some are saying they get cached copies from last year when they use those links though.

I too had issues booking this morning. I called DVC right at 8 and the CM had no idea what she was doing. I was able to book one seminar and she told me that while she had me on hold the other one was all booked. After 20 minutes in the phone with her I gave up and called the F&W number and was able to book what I wanted. I'm not sure if the price was correct though. She told me it was $22 for two tickets. I think she didn't give me the discount. I'm not going to sweat it for 4 bucks. I'm not that passionate about the seminars but I hope I have better luck booking the 3D dessert next week!

Well, I am one of the unlucky ones! Called the 407 number @ 8:00 and was on hold for 9 minutes...cm took my info ..told her I wanted 1 ticket for Robert Irvine and the next thing you know I am connected to an automated survey that never connects you back to a live person. I try to call back and wait time is now 10 minutes so I call member services and get right thru only all tickets to Robert are now sold out. Try to book a Friday mixology where the Festival PDF states the cost is $12 and cm tells me price is $14 and she can not give me a discount because it is a Friday so I said no thanks. Ah well, to everyone that was lucky enough to score a ticket...enjoy! He out on a great demonstration last year.

.....(snip).....

Later I will probably book the Scotch mixology on 9/29, but I'm not thinking that will sell out and it's a Saturday so I don't need to try for the discount......

I called DVC this morning, too.....(snip).......I'm going to try for the Scotch Mixology on 9/29, too. :) Maybe I'll see you there - I'll try to remember to have something DIS or lime green with me, :) ............

Went back and read a few other posts from earlier this morning and saw that I could book the Scotch Mixology today, too. (Just no discount). Thought I had to wait until 8/14. So thank you, Horace Horsecollar.

I just called DVC back, got right in and got that one booked, too. :teeth:

I too had issues booking this morning. I called DVC right at 8 and the CM had no idea what she was doing. I was able to book one seminar and she told me that while she had me on hold the other one was all booked. After 20 minutes in the phone with her I gave up and called the F&W number and was able to book what I wanted. I'm not sure if the price was correct though. She told me it was $22 for two tickets. I think she didn't give me the discount. I'm not going to sweat it for 4 bucks. I'm not that passionate about the seminars but I hope I have better luck booking the 3D dessert next week!

I think I'm going to try and book the 3D Dessert Party online.. hopefully that'll go a little smoother!:thumbsup2

I booked a Culinary and Wine demo this morning. Person on the phone was very helpful and seemed to know what she was doing - so I guess I was lucky.

I asked to confirm what time for the 14th, she said 7AM EST and joked she had to be into the office by 6:30AM that day so she'd be all set up first thing.

Does anyone know - can you get a ticket for these events the days of the events? Just wondering if I have extra time one day if I can get a ticket that way.

Thanks!

Try to book a Friday mixology where the Festival PDF states the cost is $12 and cm tells me price is $14 and she can not give me a discount because it is a Friday so I said no thanks. Ah well, to everyone that was lucky enough to score a ticket...enjoy! He out on a great demonstration last year.

All Mixology sessions are $14, $12 with the discount - No discounts on Friday, Saturday or Sunday sessions.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone noticed that on the main F&W page for Disney they have listed the PFTS dates? If you click on them they'll show you who is scheduled for that day!

Here's the one for October 27: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...d/en_us/PDF/party-for-the-senses-10-27-12.pdf

ETA: Here are the other dates...
October 6 - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ld/en_us/PDF/party-for-the-senses-10-6-12.pdf
October 13 - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...d/en_us/PDF/party-for-the-senses-10-13-12.pdf
October 20 - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...d/en_us/PDF/party-for-the-senses-10-20-12.pdf
November 3 - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ld/en_us/PDF/party-for-the-senses-11-3-12.pdf

Apparently the All Stars chefs are listed for the 27th. And 50s Prime Time. And Portobello. And Hollywood & Vine. Can't say I'm thrilled about that.

Does anyone know - can you get a ticket for these events the days of the events? Just wondering if I have extra time one day if I can get a ticket that way.

Yes, you can buy tickets for seminars the day of, or you can buy them in the Festival center, or call WDW-DINE or go to Guest Services in the parks or a resort concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter