1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 22, 2012.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Subscribing to this thread. My 3rd consecutive trip to the Food and Wine Fest!:cool1:

I always look forward to when this thread is started. Looking for lots of great information again this year.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I'm here, on page 5!!!!!:eek: Slacking in my old age.

4. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

Is the Florida booth really new? I thought they've had Florida booths before? I'm really excited for the vegan one though, and think it's great that Disney is adding more special diet options.

5. Melodious

Melodious DIS Veteran

6. suzimar57

suzimar57 <font color=blue>when i do put some makeup on, he'

have over a year to go before we're back during F&W

will be first time at EP resort - planning no ADRs at EP, instead will be noshing the food booths - and spending the most time at F&W

7. AmandaRG

AmandaRG DCL is my happy place!!!

This will be our first full week visit to WDW, and I couldn't be more excited that we will be there during F&W! Our oldest DD is a foodie, too so we are really looking forward to sharing with her!

8. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

DH and I have been going for many years and we felt the way you did too, BUT it is well worth the $. We have found the food portions to be larger and the wine was definitely more than just the tiny sip you got when it was free. Just be sure to try and sign up ahead (assuming they have a savings for that).

9. MaryJ

MaryJ <font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T

There is another runDisney event on the 29th, the Tower of Terror 10 Mile Run, but since that takes place in the Studios, I don't know why they would not have a PFTS that night. :confused:

10. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but in the Disney Parks Blog, someone asked Pam Brandon when they can start making reservations for the PFTS dates and Pam replied August 14. I would assume that's the same reservation date for the rest of the events.

11. redzinner

redzinner Me Wants the Medianoche!

Thanks ImprovGal. :thumbsup2

12. glaserjm

glaserjm DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Baby's going to get to do some good eatin'!!

This will be our first F&W and I am SO excited! If I had to rank DH and my favorite pasttimes, Disney, international travel and food are pretty much tied for first along with Cardinal baseball (obviously from my Avatar), so this is the perfect storm for us.

Any advice for a first timer other than avoid the weekends if possible and utilize the wrist gift cards?

13. Happy Mom2

Happy Mom2 DIS Veteran

We had not initially planned to attend F&W, but when planning I realized we would arrive on the last day. After talking to DH, we decided we wanted to go even though we knew it would be very crowded. Well, now they have added an extra day...Monday, Nov 12th (Veteran's Day). I'm wondering if it would be worth the trouble of moving some ADRs and plans around to attend F&W on Monday. Moving the ADRs might prove to be difficult. I'm not really sure it's going to be any less crowded since it's Veteran's day. I'd really appreciate any thoughts.

For those who has been before...any advice? Can you use DP snacks for items at F&W booths? Do they come out with a menu in advance? Is the F&W gift card any different from the regular Disney gift card...other than the picture on the card?

14. CandleontheWater

CandleontheWater Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Do you think that they're skipping PFTS on the 29th because they'll be prepping for Epcot's 30th the next day? Maybe there will be something going on in that space?

15. princessluvsapirate

princessluvsapirate Mouseketeer

Our first time to F&W.so excited .

16. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

No one knows for sure until Disney announces it but last year (and prior years) you were able to use your SC for all food items at the booths with the exception of the one food item that had alcohol (Grand Marnier on ice cream). I'm 99.9999999% sure that they will again this year.

Yes, the release the menus in advance. Last year I made a listing from the official menu awhile in advance.

17. Happy Mom2

Happy Mom2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I read something about a F&W passport or booklet. Can someone tell me what this is exactly? Does it cost extra? Where do you get them?

I apologize for all the questions. I'm a planner and I'm so excited that I can't help myself!

18. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

We picked up one of the booklets last year. The Festival Welcome Center and most of the Festival Marketplace Booths have them. They're just a free collectible "passport" that lists all the booths in the Festival Marketplace and the items they sell. The booths you visit will stamp your passport and you can check off the menu items you tasted. It's a cute little keepsake.

19. glaserjm

glaserjm DIS Veteran

I thought I saw this question posed somewhere else before but can't remember, will the F&W kiosks be open later on Epcot EMH nights? Come to think of it, I can't even remember if WS stays open late on those nights...

20. Forever Fairy

Forever Fairy Spreading Some Pixie Dust

I believe last time DH and I went in 2012 the did NOT stay open for extended hours. Keep in mind that Epcot EMH are usually on Friday's for the World Showcase - and Fri/Sat are usually the busiest days for locals to come in and enjoy the festival.

If you go on a weekend day, try to sample some things early (11AM) when they open. Otherwise, be prepared for lots of lines.

21. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

This is true for the food kiosks. It is not true for the special events, signature dinners for the most part (Raglan Road has already released theirs though), and the Party for the Senses.

The kiosks generally do not stay open for extra magic hours. A couple of the more popular ones may operate a little bit past closing time.