2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

I haven't used the ddp since 2010, but there was no appetizer offered then. Am I reading correctly that the 2012 plan now includes an app, entree, and dessert?! It was like that back in 2007 and I loved it!

I haven't used the ddp since 2010, but there was no appetizer offered then. Am I reading correctly that the 2012 plan now includes an app, entree, and dessert?! It was like that back in 2007 and I loved it!

Only the DELUXE Dining Plan includes apps...that's the $85 one that gives you 3TS, 2 Snacks a day plus a refillable mug.

I'm kind of in sticker shock over the price of the plan for 2012. Man, that just seems like a lot. I know it's still a good deal if you actually USE every thing on the plan of course. BUT I know in 2009, we had a heck of a time using everything up and left with a good many snack credits unused and even some QS credits.

We might forgo it for our May trip and see how we fare. My youngest eats like a bird and my oldest (who will only be 7 on the trip) sometimes does the same. Hmmm.....lots to think about now that I saw the price.

In 2009, if I remember correctly it was $39.99 per adult and $10.99 per child. I know that costs have risen but dang!

What other restaurants are missing off the pamphlet that are usually included in the dining plan? I have all my ADRs booked and didn't even think twice about the places not being available on my dining plan.

What other restaurants are missing off the pamphlet that are usually included in the dining plan? I have all my ADRs booked and didn't even think twice about the places not being available on my dining plan.
"Most of them". It's pretty hard to list out.

Best bet would be to look at the 2011 brochure and compare that. Most, if not all, of the restaurants that participated in 2011 will likely be participating in 2012. In fact, in the history of the dining plans (since ~2005), only one restaurant has ever dropped out, and that was Fulton's after the first year.

"Most of them". It's pretty hard to list out.

Best bet would be to look at the 2011 brochure and compare that. Most, if not all, of the restaurants that participated in 2011 will likely be participating in 2012. In fact, in the history of the dining plans (since ~2005), only one restaurant has ever dropped out, and that was Fulton's after the first year.

I'm not worrying about it because all of my ADRs are on the dining plan pamphlet on the Disney website. I really think people stree way tooooo early!

Look closely at the brochure. If it is for the regular plan, then beside "appetizer" it will say (guests age 3-9 only). A lot of persons who read the brochure miss this part and think the appetizers are included for everyone. Only on the deluxe plan do adult guests receive appetizers (for TS lunch and dinners only - appetizers not included with breakfast or CS meals)

When in December does the brochure typically get updated? We have an ADR at Teppan Edo for January 12th. When I was reserving it, there was a chart that said it was a sample of what credits can be used there. For the DDP, it showed none, but showed 1TS credit for lunch/dinner when on the Deluxe Plan.
I realize the plan is not final yet, but am debating whether to make a back up ADR somewhere else in case this stands true.
:confused3

When in December does the brochure typically get updated? We have an ADR at Teppan Edo for January 12th. When I was reserving it, there was a chart that said it was a sample of what credits can be used there. For the DDP, it showed none, but showed 1TS credit for lunch/dinner when on the Deluxe Plan.
I realize the plan is not final yet, but am debating whether to make a back up ADR somewhere else in case this stands true.
:confused3
This is what is on the page:

Dining Plans Accepted
When you book your vacation, you can purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each plan offers certain meal entitlements that can be redeemed at select restaurants. For more information, please visit the Disney Dining Plans page

The table below gives a sample of what the entitlements are for most table-service meals at this restaurant when using your dining plan. Please refer to your specific dining plan to see what the entitlements are for this experience.
Disney Dining Plan Type Entitlements Used At Location
2011 2012
Breakfast Lunch Dinner Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Quick service dining plan — — — — — —
Dining plan — 1 1 — — —
Deluxe dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
Premium dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
Platinum dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
The Skelly Celebration
You can expect it by mid to late December.

As far as the grid display, those are often incorrect. For instance it showed RFC on the DxDDP for 2011, when it certainly was not. It also did similar things with Via Napoli and a couple other restaurants.

Trust the brochure more than the website (which is quite backwards... but that's Disney for you).

It's highly unlikely that any restaurants will drop for 2012. It could happen, but given the history of the plan, only 1 has dropped since 2005 (Fulton's in 2006, after 1 year on the plan). I'd not worry about it and just double check once the brochure does come out.

I feel like the more I read the more confused I get about the Dining Plan. We are booked for next June and like a lot of you I'm waiting for the final list to be made in December. My ADR's become available the second week of December though. Does this mean that I will have to pay deposits anywhere in order to go ahead and secure my ADRs? Also, We are booked for the DxDDP so my dining credits for meals are good anywhere correct? Table or counter service? Its my choice. Or do I have a limited number of table service that I can do? Thanks so much in advance for your replies.

You, DH, and DS will have 3 meal credits per person per night of your stay. You can use them at either TS or CS as you see fit (as long as the restaurant is on the plan).

You can make your dining reservations whenever you want.

The only prepaid meals are CRT and dinner shows, which are all operated by Disney and should be on the brochure now. You can book them now and only leave a credit card hold. If you are booking online, please make sure that the system is working correctly and it isn't charging you in full. If the online system wants to charge you in full and you are going to pay with a dining plan, you may need to make that reservation by phone.

At other meals (restaurants that have character meals, signature restaurants, and special packages like the Fantasmic package) you will be required to leave a credit card number as a guarantee that you will show up. If you don't cancel a day in advance and don't show up you will be charged $10 per person (but not until you don't show up for the meal). This is true whether you are on a dining plan or not.

Can someone please help? I looked at the PDF for 2012, and I don't see La Hacienda de San Angel or Crystal Palace for the regular dining plan. Am I missing something?

Can someone please help? I looked at the PDF for 2012, and I don't see La Hacienda de San Angel or Crystal Palace for the regular dining plan. Am I missing something?
Crystal Palace is Disney-owned and is on there. It's labeled as "A Buffet with Character at The Crystal Palace (B,L,D)" and it's down between Tony's and CRT. I almost missed it too when checking :).

Hacienda is not Disney-owned and is not yet on the 2012 brochure for the reasons explained above. I would certainly expect them to sign up again for 2012.

So restaurants may be added before the year actually starts?

Last year, the publication date on the final brochure was given as 12/10/10. However, Disney did not release it publicly by making it available on its website until the beginning of January.

No telling what they will do or when they will release the brochure this year.

just one thing....why on earth give 3-9 year olds an APPETIZER and none for 10 and up.....????

There is no way our 9 year old nephew can eat all that is on his plate, dessert and an app. but the adults would love appetizers. Was it the same in 2011????:confused3

just one thing....why on earth give 3-9 year olds an APPETIZER and none for 10 and up.....????

There is no way our 9 year old nephew can eat all that is on his plate, dessert and an app. but the adults would love appetizers. Was it the same in 2011????:confused3

It's been this way since they dropped the appetizer for the adults.

This is what typical TS Meal choices are for a 3-9 year old, as you can see the 'appetizer' really isn't much of an appetizer.

Appetizer
Chicken Noodle Soup
OR
Garden Salad

Entrees
Meatloaf
OR
Chicken Nuggets
OR
Grilled Hot Dog
OR
Macaroni & Cheese
French Fries and Soft Drinks Available Upon Request

Desserts
Fruit Salad
OR
Ice-Cream Sundae

Ohhhhhh......that makes more sense.....I thought the child could order and app. off the regular menu. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Any idea what the price will be for the Platinum and Premium Plan for 2012?

We're looking to add some special events to our Deluxe Dining and wonder if it will be cheaper to do OOP or upgrade to the Platinum or Premium.

Want to do a fireworks cruise, best seating at Spirit of Aloha.

We are Triple A members and have a Disney Visa, so we may get good discounts going OOP on some of these things, but just curious what the price is for these "fancy" plans. We're going to have plenty to eat on Deluxe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter