2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

Also there are several table service restaurants in Epcot World Showcase that aren't in the brochure, do you think they will be added at a later time?
They are: Nine Dragons, Marrakesh, La Hacienda de San Angel, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, and Via Napoli.
All these are listed in the 2012 Birnbaums' Guide that they are on the dining plan.

We need to find out the answer: is the DDP useable at Aulani?
Thanks for any tips.

Sorry,at this time there is no prepaid dining plan that can be purchased for Aulani.

WDW is the only Disney location that has a credit-based dining plan. Disneyland has a voucher-based one.

Also there are several table service restaurants in Epcot World Showcase that aren't in the brochure, do you think they will be added at a later time?
They are: Nine Dragons, Marrakesh, La Hacienda de San Angel, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, and Via Napoli.
All these are listed in the 2012 Birnbaums' Guide that they are on the dining plan.

These restaurants are not operated by Disney. Look for them to be added to Disney's official lists at the end of the year. Birnbaum's guide may list them, but they're not officially on the plan for next year until Disney publishes their final brochure and restaurant list.

We booked ADRs earlier this week for our Mar/Apr trip. The reservation agent said she just received an email that Planet Hollywood was added for 2012. I booked a rez, but after reading that there will likely be more additions, I switched it to Raglan Road.

Another note, I was told that the Fantasmic dinner package was only available for reservations before 5PM. I think I read that too. The agent told me to call back because they had some issue in the system and couldn't book it. When I called back, I was able to book a 6PM rez. Not sure if this is a change for 2012 or if I just got bad info.

Sounds like a change. Typically you cannot book a Fantasmic dinner package with a time after 5 PM. Check your reservation and make sure it says Fantasmic Dinner Package.

I checked our reservation online and it shows the Fantasmic! Dinner package for an 8:30pm show. Our Rez is 6 pm at H&V. I was surprised as well, but I'm happy with the later time. There is a 10pm show that night, so maybe they allow later dining.

I have a few questions myself. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help answer them!

1. We are hoping to exchange into DVC through RCI for next summer. I know DVC members pay just regular (non peak) prices. Will we qualify for that or pay peak prices?
Sorry I can't answer this one, but you may want to ask on the DVC board.

2. Are taxes added to the OOP prices? For example, if CP is $34.99 for the dinner buffet, are taxes added to the $34.99 or does that include tax? (This would make the DDP be a bigger savings than what I'm currently figuring.)
Taxes are not inlcuded in the price on Disney's menu. e.g. CP dinner will actually cost $34.99 plus tax if you pay out of pocket. If you are on the dining plan, it is 1 credit. You don't have to pay the tax out of pocket if you are on the dining plan. Tips are not included, so you will need to pay the tip out of pocket. There are a couple of exceptions of which I am aware. One is CRT. That price includes taxes and possibly Akershus ( I'm not positive about this one). This, of course, could have change for next year, but taxes have been included in their menu price in past.

The price on CRT includes the gratuity. The price on Akershus does not. No additional taxes need to be paid on items covered by a DDP credit.

I was at DTD Rainforest Cafe yesterday and asked about using my gift card, which was usable, but a pain the behind. He then mentioned that the computers are in the process of being configured so that DDP will be accepted starting in January. He said that currently the Platinum and Premium are accepted, but in January all will be accepted. Hopefully TREX will be included in DDP too.:goodvibes

Ive noticed Big River Grill is not on the dining plan.Can i still make an ADR in November for it and just hope its added later? TIA

Ive noticed Big River Grill is not on the dining plan.Can i still make an ADR in November for it and just hope its added later? TIA

That is exactly what I would suggest doing. The list will be final well before your trip, so you should still be able to easily make adjustments if necessary.

Big River Grill is on the DDP for 2011, and probably will be in 2012. However it does not accept ADR's, it is walk in only.

For any other place, I would make the ADR even if it isn't on the list. There will probably be a bunch of them that will be added at a later time.

No ADRs for Big River Grill. They don't take ADRs through Disney. They don't even take regular reservations, although they do a "call ahead" kind of thing. But if you try that six months out they will probably laugh.

I've already been looking at ADRS my family and I would make when we go and was so disappointed that there were so many restaurants left out in 2012! haha thank goodness i read this or i never would have known that it wasn't finalized!

Okay, my mind is swimming right now. Let's try to break this down. We REALLY want to stay at the Boardwalk Inn Resort and I'm trying to figure out what exactly we get with the free dining plan if we go late Jan-early Feb 2012. Is this the MYWP Plus Dining or the Deluxe Dining? What do I really get for the rate I'm paying I guess is what I want to know. 2 adults, 2 children. I would appreciate any help as I've looked thru all the resorts today online and finally came to the conclusion that with the free dining this might be the best. Thanks!

Okay, my mind is swimming right now. Let's try to break this down. We REALLY want to stay at the Boardwalk Inn Resort and I'm trying to figure out what exactly we get with the free dining plan if we go late Jan-early Feb 2012. Is this the MYWP Plus Dining or the Deluxe Dining? What do I really get for the rate I'm paying I guess is what I want to know. 2 adults, 2 children. I would appreciate any help as I've looked thru all the resorts today online and finally came to the conclusion that with the free dining this might be the best. Thanks!
Under most of the "free dining" promotions, you will receive the Disney Dining Plan (aka DDP aka "Plus" Dining) for moderate and deluxe resorts and Quick Service Dining Plan (aka QSDP) for values.

So, for BWI, it will be the standard Disney Dining Plan (1TS, 1CS, 1snack per person per night of stay).

Under most of the "free dining" promotions, you will receive the Disney Dining Plan (aka DDP aka "Plus" Dining) for moderate and deluxe resorts and Quick Service Dining Plan (aka QSDP) for values.

So, for BWI, it will be the standard Disney Dining Plan (1TS, 1CS, 1snack per person per night of stay).

Thanks again!

P.S. - Love Mobile! :cheer2:

The resort is Disney-owned. The food service there is not. CSR is the only Disney resort where the food service is operated by a third party.

Thanks. So since it's in the 2011 DDP, we would have every reason to believe it will be added to 2012 after the contract is signed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter