2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before our first trip to the BC, I was able to hide my DIS-obsession (to some extent). I had mentioned Teena to my family, but they were not prepared when we walked into the lobby and I gave her a big hug (and a photo album filled with pictures of other posters on this thread). It was a great moment, but I had some 'splaining to do!

Too funny:lmao: I thought I was hiding my obsession but one day I was on my iphone while Dh was driving me to the grocery store and he asked me" how are those magical friends of yours?" At that moment I knew my jig was up :eek:

Good Monday morning everyone!

Quick question about the YC CL GV rooms....

Do they all have a sideways view of the lagoon? I think someone (Scottmel maybe?) had mentioned that they all do, but that one room's view of the lagoon was blocked by a pillar or something.

How would you word a room request so as not to get that one particular room? I'd love a sideways view of the lagoon....we had one once and it was so pretty! :goodvibes

Right now my request reads "Wedding gazebo view please" but I would be a tad bit sad if I got the "pillar room". To know the lagoon was just to my left but I couldn't see it because of a pillar :sad1:

Maybe I should just word the request to say "Sideways view of lagoon please". What do you all think? (I feel like I am over-obsessing) :confused3

Ok, so I couldn't really find anything about this using the search, so I figure I'll ask.

I have a problem with fireworks. Loud noises in general actually (balloons, guns, etc. etc.) Anyway, I know that you can hear Illuminations from the resort so I'll need to plan to be in the room during that, but what about Fantasmic?? If it's not too loud, it may be ok. Do I just need to wait and see what it's like the first night before deciding if I can take an evening swim at SAB?

TIA!
Danielle

I feel so lost and out of touch. Between teaching and coaching I am barely able to steal a glance at the Dis. Told DH I am taking some time this afternoon to catch up:wave2: Things gave been so busy that I just realized I only have like 45 days until our arrival at BC for F&W:cool1::cool1:

Hope to be able to catch up and stay somewhat in the loop before our trip. Can not wait for this trip to come. It is our 1st F&W and I am beyond excited.

Looks like you're arriving right about the time our trip will be coming to an end. We're 40 days out as of today. This is our first Halloween and F&W. Can't wait! (Also our first stay at YC or any Deluxe for that matter. The whole trip is full of firsts.) See you at SAB!

Oct 23-20, here!

Are you doing the trip backwards? the 23rd back to the 20th? :confused3 ;)

Marcya23 said:
Oct 23-20, here!

This will be our first time at BC and we are really looking forward to it! Just a quick question- with the Fall Discount, we upgraded tp Club Level. Although I am happy with some of the perks, I worried that our view will stink. We had a Garden view before we "upgraded," but now are standard CL. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides being a BC first timer, we are also CL first timers... So any hints/ tidbits would be appreciated!

27 days!!!! :)
So unless those dates are a typo, you must be one of The Doctor's new companions. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Oct 23-20, here!

This will be our first time at BC and we are really looking forward to it! Just a quick question- with the Fall Discount, we upgraded tp Club Level. Although I am happy with some of the perks, I worried that our view will stink. We had a Garden view before we "upgraded," but now are standard CL. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides being a BC first timer, we are also CL first timers... So any hints/ tidbits would be appreciated!

27 days!!!! :)

We have stayed BC CL standard view a couple of times. The first time our room was just to the left of concierge desk and right next to the lounge. It was a little larger than most rooms with only a juliet balcony. The view was okay. It looked down on the parking lot around the entrance to the resort. The second time we were wayyyy down a long hallway. We had a full balcony, but it overlooked a service area and rooftop. I didn't really care for that view, but we could see Spaceship Earth. I would like to book CL GV this time, but from what I hear there is only one room in that category with a daybed and we really want a daybed.

We are close to our trip and are wondering, are there microwaves available upon request?

Thank you!

It's official. I have changed my reservation yet again, and we are now staying at BC CL. I have had the hardest time deciding between the Poly, and BC. It's been making me crazy! We haven't been to the BC since last October, and have been to the Poly twice this year. I love both resorts, but for different reasons. I have never had this much trouble deciding before! Looking at all the pictures in this thread has been great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon!

Hi all ... I have a question regarding parking at the BC, where we will be staying ...

I have relatives who will be staying off-site and would like to meet us at the BC for dinner ... And maybe also on another day for lunch and then for all of us to rent a boat at the marina ... Will there be any problem for them to park in the BC parking lot and/or to get thru the security gate? ... Also is there a time limit on parking? ... Thank you ... :)

Your DD's wedding is exactly 10 years to the day that my DH and I got married. The Disneymoon/Trip to the Darkside seems fun. I am trying to talk DH into a 10 year anniversary trip to BC :lovestruc::yes::

That is very cool! April is a busy busy month for both families... DH and my anniversary... my birthday... his parents anniversary... his brothers birthday... his birthday and his sisters birthday... Why not add the anniversary in there!!! Good luck with the 10 year anniversary plan!! Hope your DH goes with the Disney trip!!

~Nannette

Hi all ... I have a question regarding parking at the BC, where we will be staying ...

I have relatives who will be staying off-site and would like to meet us at the BC for dinner ... And maybe also on another day for lunch and then for all of us to rent a boat at the marina ... Will there be any problem for them to park in the BC parking lot and/or to get thru the security gate? ... Also is there a time limit on parking? ... Thank you ... :)

It shouldn't be a problem unless it's during a busier time. We were there last October with F&W and Gartner Symposium going on at the same time. The resort was full. There was a sign at the gate about parking being limited, but I can't remember the wording on it. The lot was so full that we chose to valet park all week.

Hello guys and gals!

Have not been on it a bit. Any major changes in October? I know about HH closure but just checking!

Thanks!!

I'm surprised that YC being a 'convention' hotel does not have a restaurant that opens early - at least 7 am. I know the Marketplace starts serving food at 7 am, but that's IMHO, more like a snack shop, not a proper restaurant.

Sigh. I was really looking forward to Captain's Grill, but no way that I will be able to make it to MK by 7:50 am, if it opens at 7:30. (MK is now opening at 8 am on both days I have it on my schedule). It looks like we'll have to get room service. Good thing we are on the DxDP.

Ok, so I couldn't really find anything about this using the search, so I figure I'll ask.

I have a problem with fireworks. Loud noises in general actually (balloons, guns, etc. etc.) Anyway, I know that you can hear Illuminations from the resort so I'll need to plan to be in the room during that, but what about Fantasmic?? If it's not too loud, it may be ok. Do I just need to wait and see what it's like the first night before deciding if I can take an evening swim at SAB?

TIA!
Danielle

I've never heard Fantasmic. If I did the volume was so low that I didn't notice.

We are close to our trip and are wondering, are there microwaves available upon request?

Thank you!

Yes. We requested at check in. Ours did not come the first day so had to go back and ask again but arrived promptly after that.

No problem. Just tell them to give the name of the restaurant and that they are meeting you there. We've driven up to eat at B&C (can't ADR) and told the guard and were welcomed.

We have never been there when BC was completely full like previous poster but there used to be a 3 hour limit at resorts while dining. Rarely if ever enforced. Maybe during peak season at CR. Go. Enjoy the family. Enjoy the boat ride. Enjoy the BC!

TIA!
Danielle

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to hear Fantasmic noise at BC. It's not that close. If you do manage to hear it, I'm sure going inside would help. It's much harder to hear inside the A/C.

I have relatives that live in Orlando and back in 2009, they parked at BC and visited us for about an hour. They also did the same thing in 2011 - visited us and parked at AKL. In both of those occasions, they just explained they were visiting me, showed driver's license, etc., and were allowed to park. I would assume that if there is space they would let them in. I would also assume that parking would be for a limited time frame (i.e., under 3 hours). Cars from guests will have the parking pass on the windshield.

Looks like you're arriving right about the time our trip will be coming to an end. We're 40 days out as of today. This is our first Halloween and F&W. Can't wait! (Also our first stay at YC or any Deluxe for that matter. The whole trip is full of firsts.) See you at SAB!

:beach::beach: We will be there for sure

So we know about Family of the Day for SAB, but did you know that there is a Family of the Day at Captains Grille? We went down for breakfast this morning (no ADR) and were told we had been selected as Captains Grille Family of the Day! We sat in a section with no,other seated tables, got balloons as well as some other goodies, our picture taken (we got a hard copy and one emailed to us) for the scrapbook they keep, and a certificate. Who knew??? I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. just a fun start to the day :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It shouldn't be a problem unless it's during a busier time. We were there last October with F&W and Gartner Symposium going on at the same time. The resort was full. There was a sign at the gate about parking being limited, but I can't remember the wording on it. The lot was so full that we chose to valet park all week.

As long as you are not there around the F&W Festival your guests should be fine just by giving the name of the restaurant. If you are there around the F&W then plan to have your guests ask to vallet as there is normally a sign that reads guest parking only.

babyberger said:
So we know about Family of the Day for SAB, but did you know that there is a Family of the Day at Captains Grille? We went down for breakfast this morning (no ADR) and were told we had been selected as Captains Grille Family of the Day! We sat in a section with no,other seated tables, got balloons as well as some other goodies, our picture taken (we got a hard copy and one emailed to us) for the scrapbook they keep, and a certificate. Who knew??? I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. just a fun start to the day :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Congrats!!! What a great memory for your family :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter