2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena, hope you're feeling better soon. :sick:

NM, good news about your mother. :thumbsup2

Koh1977, have a blast.

Pixarmom - sounds like a great cruise! Can't wait to hear all about your October BC trip!

Thanks, Robyn! Just posted this summary of our port adventures last night: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46095110#post46095110
It was hard to leave the Wonder at the end of the week, but the boys said that knowing we'll be at BC and WDW in just a few weeks helped a lot!

Mousemommy, a few additional photos from our YC stay in April:

8c91634a.jpg

6a60941c.jpg

e9f108e1.jpg

f7c60bfc.jpg

7e3e58c3.jpg

d001b514.jpg

0ec0446f.jpg

Loving this thread. Will be staying at the Beach Club with my DH and 3 DS (7,10&11) in August 2013 for 2 weeks. EXCITED.COM

Can you point me in the direction of the Be Our Guest list so I can see who will be staying at the same time.

In less than one month we will be staying at the BC for the first time:cool1:

Loving this thread. Will be staying at the Beach Club with my DH and 3 DS (7,10&11) in August 2013 for 2 weeks. EXCITED.COM

Can you point me in the direction of the Be Our Guest list so I can see who will be staying at the same time.

:wave2:

The Be Our Guest list is on the first page of this thread, Post 13. Here is the link.

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

I haven't gone through the thread for a few days to officially welcome our new friends- hope to do this later tonight or tomorrow morning, and update the list from the past several pages.

I'll add you when I do!

:cool1:

mousemommy and mickeynut, hope you love YC as much as we do! Just loved that room. I've always been a BC girl, but would not hesitate to book YC if BC was not available.

Question for Football Fans: Over many years, we've been to WDW during the months of January, February, March, April, May, July, August and December. But never during football season! With our BC stay coming up in just a few weeks (and the Packer game on TV right now) I'm reminded to ask about football viewing opportunities. On Sunday, October 7 we're taking a swim break in the afternoon, which should give my husband some time to catch part of the game. I know there is the ESPN option over at BW, but it might be a little crowded. Martha's Vineyard isn't open yet, not sure about Ale and Compass, but Crew's Cup looks like a good option. Has anyone watched football there?

pixarmom said:
Thanks, Robyn! Just posted this summary of our port adventures last night: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46095110#post46095110
It was hard to leave the Wonder at the end of the week, but the boys said that knowing we'll be at BC and WDW in just a few weeks helped a lot!

Mousemommy, a few additional photos from our YC stay in April:

Love the pictures! I am so excited to be there for the first time next weekend!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I hope you love BC as much as we do - I think we're arriving at the same time you are! I see a long list of monorail resorts in your signature and we absolutely love Poly, but BC is our favorite. We're trying CR for the first time just for our MNSSHP night. Our boys have been interested in trying CR and I thought that one night for MNSSHP would be a good time to give it a try - any advice?

Not sure if this question has been asked already...

I was looking at the Deluxe rooms at both BC and YC. My question is....why are the YC Deluxe rooms so much more expensive than the BC Deluxe rooms? They both have access to club level, right? Are the YC Deluxe rooms a lot bigger? Just wondering...:scratchin The extra room sure would be nice!

Also, I know that the Deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the CL lounge. If you've stayed in one before, did you find that the extra space made up for the longer distance from the lounge? Would you stay in one again?

DH, DS who is 7 and I will be staying at the BCV in a 2 BR January 24 - 30. This will be our first visit to the BC and are very excited! Our firends stay at the YC almost exclusively and have told us for years how wonderful it is to be so close to the BW and Epcot.

Thanks for the clarification on the dates. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Yes, please add me to the guest list. :goodvibes
I'm staying at the BCV from 11/12 until 11/16. Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification on the dates. I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Joining in! My father and his wife are coming to visit me November 12-15 and we'll all be staying at BC. I'm so excited!

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

We will be returning to BC in November and are so excited! We stayed there in 09 and had a horrible 8 night stay, not because of BC but because my 3 year old and I both got very sick:(. But I must say the CM's went above and beyond to check on us. BC has the best cm's. The next trip we tried GF and hated it, it was just not BC:). Last fall we tried to get BC and it was full and stayed at YC CL and it was very nice but just not BC. This year we are back home at BC CL. I am so excited, my DH loved the way all the CM's always said "welcome home" when we walked back in each day. My kids loved the quiet pool and the short walk to Epcot. BC is "our" hotel and we are so excited to be headed back. :dance3:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. :woohoo:

:welcome:

2 weeks! That's awesome!!!

:yay:

I'll add you to the list.

What a nice long vacation......you're going to have a wonderful time :).

Have a great time. The BC is a beautiful resort :goodvibes.

mousemommy and mickeynut, hope you love YC as much as we do! Just loved that room. I've always been a BC girl, but would not hesitate to book YC if BC was not available.

Thanks, pixarmom :goodvibes. I am looking forward to trying the YC and I'm sure we'll have a great time ::yes::. We stayed at the BC in 2003 and loved the resort and loved being within walking distance to Epcot & DHS. The one (and only) thing we didn't care for was no CS for breakfast, but other than that, we loved the resort and always talked about going back. We will be spending alot of time at the resort since it's such a short stay prior to our cruise, so we're planning on alot of pool time, which will be nice ;). I just officially booked GV CL today and I made 2 requests......1) a room with a daybed & 2) close to the lounge.....so hopefully we'll get lucky :wizard:.

Love the pictures! I am so excited to be there for the first time next weekend!!!

Have a great trip......I'm sure you'll love the BC :thumbsup2.

Also, I know that the Deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the CL lounge. If you've stayed in one before, did you find that the extra space made up for the longer distance from the lounge? Would you stay in one again?

We've stayed in standard/garden view BC rooms several times, a BC deluxe room once and a BC 2-bedroom suite once. I've loved each and every room we've ever been assigned since I started staying at BC in 1992, but the deluxe room and the suite are just amazing. We didn't think twice about the distance to the lounge - not a problem at all. We usually ate breakfast and evening appetizers in the lounge, and would only bring desserts back to our room. I think the space of the deluxe rooms and suites more than make up for the distance to the lounge and highly recommend both!

Pixarmom we stayed at the Dolphin last October and some members of our group were able to watch the Packer game at the Cabana Bar and Beach club near the pool of the Dolphin. Not sure if they show every game, but it is an outdoor bar if the weather is nice it can be a good place to sit. If your husband is going alone he could try the ESPN club. But it is very crowded on Sundays. I see that the game time is 1pm EST, the lines start early to get a table for a game at that time.
If you have a car there is Miller's Ale House, at 1237 Winter Garden Vineland Road Orlando, FL 32836. Decent reasonably priced food, and multiple tv's. It is located just outside of the Downtown Disney hotel complex, less than a 15 minute drive.
It was such a beautiful day last year when we were there, so I just loaded the ESPN app on my phone with alerts, and it gave me game updates. We still wore our packers clothes as we walked around the world showcase.:cool1: People would even ask if we knew the score, and we were updating them too.
Loved our recent stay at the BCV, the pool is great and we really enjoyed our dinner at Beaches and Cream.

Hello!
Phew..! I have been out of town at a conference in Chicago for a week, and I have just caught up on the thread. Wow, lots has happened.

Dee - YES, feel free to use any part of my Y&B Marina boat review, pics included.

Teena - ouch, stones are the WORST. Thinking of you...

NM and Robyn - My thoughts are with you guys. As much as I feel for what my patients go through, I can see everyday how hard an illness can be on their loved ones as well. :grouphug:

To everyone there now, or just about there....I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I want to be there again....boo hoo.

As I read the posts on the topic of smoking, I meant earlier to share our experience last month. My husband was sitting on our balcony (we were in a BC CL LV room), and he could smell and hear someone SMOKING on the balcony next to us....seriously?? He had to run in and shut the door as the smoke was drifting right over to us. He wanted to knock on their door, but instead he went to the CL CM at the desk who FREAKED OUT about it and immediately called someone else, not sure who. I have no idea what happened, but the next day, we could see, on their balcony, that they had made an ashtray out of one of the bowls from the CL lounge. YUCK. He reported it again, and was told it was being taken care of.

Although it didn't really effect us that much, I would absolutely hate to be the person checking in to that room after them. Just because someone is out on the balcony doesn't mean the smoke isn't drifting where it's not supposed to go (into the rooms!). We all get the speil when we check in how all of the WDW rooms are smoke free, and the charge we will get if we smoke in them. Do some people think the rules just don't apply to them or what?

Not sure if this question has been asked already...

I was looking at the Deluxe rooms at both BC and YC. My question is....why are the YC Deluxe rooms so much more expensive than the BC Deluxe rooms? They both have access to club level, right? Are the YC Deluxe rooms a lot bigger? Just wondering...:scratchin The extra room sure would be nice!

We've stayed in standard/garden view BC rooms several times, a BC deluxe room once and a BC 2-bedroom suite once. I've loved each and every room we've ever been assigned since I started staying at BC in 1992, but the deluxe room and the suite are just amazing. We didn't think twice about the distance to the lounge - not a problem at all. We usually ate breakfast and evening appetizers in the lounge, and would only bring desserts back to our room. I think the space of the deluxe rooms and suites more than make up for the distance to the lounge and highly recommend both!

Thanks pixarmom! I am seriously thinking of switching to a deluxe room for our upcoming stay. Now I just need to convince dh...

It's funny, I noticed that the Deluxe rooms at YC are even more expensive than the 1 BR Suite at BC. Does that make sense? Boy, those YC Deluxe rooms must be nice! Pictures of the YC Deluxe rooms seem pretty elusive too!

Question for Football Fans: Over many years, we've been to WDW during the months of January, February, March, April, May, July, August and December. But never during football season! With our BC stay coming up in just a few weeks (and the Packer game on TV right now) I'm reminded to ask about football viewing opportunities. On Sunday, October 7 we're taking a swim break in the afternoon, which should give my husband some time to catch part of the game. I know there is the ESPN option over at BW, but it might be a little crowded. Martha's Vineyard isn't open yet, not sure about Ale and Compass, but Crew's Cup looks like a good option. Has anyone watched football there?

Hi pixarmom. :wave2: Although we've never gone to Crew's Cup specifically to watch a game, there always seems to be one game or another on. I suppose it is first request?

It's funny, I noticed that the Deluxe rooms at YC are even more expensive than the 1 BR Suite at BC. Does that make sense? Boy, those YC Deluxe rooms must be nice! Pictures of the YC Deluxe rooms seem pretty elusive too!

I noticed that about the YC Deluxe rooms as well. I wonder why the deluxe rooms aren't priced the same at both resorts :confused:? I agree about the pics. I have looked for pics of a YC Deluxe room, but have had no luck. I wish someone had some to post as I would love to see what they look like.

Can anyone whos been recently let me know what color refillable mugs are available at YC? I try to get one (sometimes end up with 2 each if doing split stay) every trip but now ive ended up with 3 pink 1 black and 1 blue..really hoping to get a new color - these are great for my morning coffee at work :thumbsup2

If they have only the colors I already have I may pass on one this trip..especially since I would be paying OOP for one...may not get my money's worth on a such a short stay...thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter