2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

This is very good news. I trucked on over to the Boardwalk gym on our last trip

In other newspixiedust: My DH won a important contest at work that will save the company big $$$$ and time. He was rewarded with a sizeable Disney gift card:thumbsup2 After much discussion we booked our first Disney cruise. A 5 day Caribbean cruise in Feb because we found a great rate for this cruise :dance3: We were able to apply the gift card to the booking and now our out of pocket expense was cut by over 1/3 :cheer2::cheer2:
    I am nervous and excited. I have never cruised before

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. em36

em36 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reply. My daughters will be 14 and 9 when we go and we do enjoy the ease of table service dining. I will definitely have to do some thinking about dining. We are not park commandos. We generally make rope drop, come back to the resort in the early afternoon for a swim, and then do a different park in the evening. It might be nice to have some lunch ADR's and then take a swim break. This would leave the "cooler" evenings open for rides, parades, fireworks, etc.

4. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Couchy, congrats on the giftcard! :cool1: Won't be long until you're enjoying an amazing Caribbean cruise! :beach:

5. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

This is exactly what we're doing now! Used to be more commando with just two kids and when we visited less frequently. But now with three kids and more frequent visits, it's become very similar to what you described - rope drop, lunch ADR, resort for swim, club lounge for a snack, dinner and usually Epcot if we return to a park after dinner!

6. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Not a fan of the quick service plan. It pretty much forces you to get a dessert with every meal and for us, we wouldn't order a dessert normally. So if you do the math and ordered only what you really wanted, you would end up saving money by paying for what you want and not eating desserts at every meal.

7. em36

em36 Mouseketeer

Thank you. We do not normally eat dessert at every meal, especially in the heat of Orlando in June. I think I will probably change our package. I appreciate all of the help and tips that I have gotten. This is the best thread.

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

That is fantastic!!! Congrats to your DH and :woohoo: for you!!!

What are your ports of call?

9. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

If you have any cruise questions, I know Disney cruises inside and out and would be happy to answer any of your questions.

10. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Congrats, Couchy! Hope you love DCL as much as we do!!! I'm missing the Wonder so much that I haven't been able to return to the cruise boards since I said my "thank yous" for fish extender gifts and posted a review of our most wonderful August vacation. Still watching to see where the Wonder will go next . . .

11. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

When do they remove the Holiday decorations at Beach Club? We will be staying there Jan 2-10 and would love to see it both decorated and regular look. :)

Also, is it possible to just boil water in those new coffee machines? If not, where could I boil water? I have a baby and I feed her formula.

12. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

You could always buy a small electric tea kettle & bring it with you. I have one at home and it boils my water when making tea or coffee. Just a suggestion.

13. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:cheer2: Congrats to you both!

They have the Cusinart Pod coffee machines now. so you can get a cup of hot water, just run it without coffee. If you need more hot water you can go down to The Marketplace. There is a hot water spigot for tea next to coffee machine.

14. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

It's a 5 day cruise so only 2 ports of call. We leave from Miami and go to Cozumel and then the famous Castaway Cay which I am very excited to visit. :cool1: When he brought the "prize" home I checked out what we could do and found a really good price on this cruise so I jumped on it. He was thrilled because the giftcard covered a decent portion of the cruise:thumbsup2

I was thinking about you and your cruise expertise. I will probably have a million questions when I start to plan over the weekend. I have never cruised before. I will send a PM at some point with some questions. I will be happy to take any tips you might have to tell me

I am so excited:dance3: Nervous too because this is new for me and I am good with things I know and sometimes new things make me nervous:confused3 I will admit but I have already been looking into future cruises as well :lmao:

15. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

Thanks I am so very exicited

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

One more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

Thanks. If I have no choice I will do that, but I'm trying to avoid having to pack more things since we have to pay for checked luggage.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. :)

18. WendyWuWu

WendyWuWu Mouseketeer

One more day! We'll be there Friday for 11 days!!! :cool1:

19. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I leave on the Disney Fantasy on Saturday so if you PM me and I don't get back to you for over a week, that's why.
    Just a quick head's up: I've been at Castaway Cay pretty much every month of the year and in February, if you are lucky enough to get a warm enough day to actually hit the beach, the water at that time of the year will turn you blue. In March last year, we got lucky and had a warm day (wherein in past years it was too cold for me to hit the beach) but the water was so cold that I was the ONLY person in the water at the adult beach. I have to admit it was freezing cold but the air warmed me up enough to lay on my raft and float around. People don't realize that Castaway isn't the Caribbean, it's the Bahamas and that's pretty far north, so like central Florida, in November, December, January, February and March, it can be iffy for beach days there - same as it can be iffy at WDW as far as air temps during those months. However, the weather in Cozumel is super in February!! Our favorite time to cruise the Caribbean is in January and February!

20. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

HAPPY THANKGSIVING EVERYONE

Mickey has slid off the ticker and it's time to go. Dee, hope we find the new thread when we return. To all traveling this weekend, stay safe and have a great time at the World.

21. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.