1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

No problem! There's a lot of info there, and it makes it very easy for me to answer questions since I know where to find it.

And that is exactly why the first line to the answer is "Where are you from?" I am in New England, and fairly tolerant of cool temps and pools as well.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BLTtinkerbell

BLTtinkerbell DIS Veteran

Teena, Welcome back! Thanks for sharing your cruise pictures w/us. I always enjoy hearing about your adventures.
    Have fun visiting Jeanne and Lily! I haven't been to Disneyland since the early 90's. I enjoyed it, but WDW is the best!

Dee, Seeing the Noodles are on holiday, I'm glad we have the "flat travelers" :) Looking forward to more of their adventures!

To all heading to the world soon, Have a wonderful time!

4. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

Really helpful explanation, thanks, I s'pose it really is a case of what you're used too. Thanks esp. for the steer on clothing, gives me a really good idea of what to expect.... and it sounds good! :sunny:

5. Kteacher

Kteacher <font color=660099>Not your average kindergarten t

I am almost packed (my DH, not so much:rolleyes2). Still have to get through one more day at school and then my shift at penney's tomorrow night. Can't wait until we go under the WDW arch Friday morning:cool1:

6. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

Hope your busy day passes quickly! Looking forward to hearing what you make of the Beach Club....:)

7. Kteacher

Kteacher <font color=660099>Not your average kindergarten t

Thank you :). Pretty much packed right now, and just printed out our boarding passes. Will try to post some live updates from my phone.

8. Steph H

Steph H That Loud Redhead

LOL!! Love it! My kids will make an adventurer out of him, I suspect. ;)

I suspect my northern kids will be all over that pool no matter the temps in early December. ;)

Enjoying the TR, Cindy! :)

9. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

I remember the very first time I ever went to Florida. It was March and the first day, I was in the pool. There was another guy there who said "you must be from New England if you're already in the pool". He said that nobody from Florida would be in the pool since it was only in the 70's. I told him it was 26 degrees when I left Massachusetts, so I was taking advantage of the 70's and the pool.

10. skepace

skepace Mouseketeer

5 more days!

Just checked again with my kids' school and there is no school for two of the days we will be gone so they will only miss 3 days of school for going to WDW for a week! :rotfl2:

So lucky!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Any new closures at any of the parks that maybe hasn't been announced?

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

PHEW!!! I think I am all caught up! Over 10 pages since Sunday. :faint:

:welcome: CindysMom

I will add you to the Be Our Guest lit for October. Are you staying at BC or YC?

:cool1:

Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate it! :goodvibes

:welcome: to the thread!

Good luck with your decision! Let us know if you have any more questions.

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort planned, or are visiting one of the restaurants there?

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Congrats to your sister on the new job. That is such important work she will be doing!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:banana: :banana: :banana:

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Wow! That guitar looks a lot smaller close-up!

[​IMG]

This picture from Hollywood Studios made me smile! To check out more of The Adventures of the Three Flat Amigos, click on the link in my signature.

13. anita46

anita46 Mouseketeer

Thanks Dee:thumbsup2

14. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

You are so close. Tomorrow you will be :beach: Enjoy:thumbsup2

That picture is great. I am jealous of the 3 flat amigos, but enjoy living vicariously through them:woohoo:

15. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

I'm about 60 days away from my annual Orlando conference. It takes place at the Marriott Grand but there is no way I can stay off site when I'm down there.

The flip side of that is that my work pays for my trip so I can't stay at my beloved BC!!! As of right now I'm booked at POR for 4 nights.

I know I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help but a be a little bummed about not being at the BC. I know I will be back in August for our annual family trip but still just a smidge bummed out!! The only good thing is that I can still stop over anytime I want and say hello to Teena!!!

Help me through it BC friends!!!

Jay

16. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I was at All Star Movies with 145 Teenagers for 5 days in June. I survived!

;)

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I believe you can now purchase Oreo Bon Bons in the Marketplace. Bring some back to your room after your visit.

18. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

I have a photo of our kids in the pool on the Wonder with a GLACIER in the background. As for WDW, our trips have covered the months of December, January (x many), February (x many), March (x many), April (x many), May, July and August. And our kids ALWAYS swim, no matter the outside temps. So yes, your kids will have a great time at SAB!

I stayed at POFQ (not POR, but close!) with our youngest son last April at the end of Easter week and transferred to YC the day the discounts kicked in. OK, I'll admit that I was entirely thrilled to get to YC for the end of our trip. But I managed my expectations of POFQ before the trip, was happy to be at WDW and did like POFQ - good for a mod! Just be prepared for the bus situation (I was crabby about taking the bus to Epcot), the linens, and lack of patio/balcony and you'll have a great time!

Other things:

1) Yay for the TWO DAY CLUB!!!! :cheer2:

2) Happy travels tomorrow, KTeacher!

3) Hope you're having a great time, Missy! Need to check out your twitter link again - very fun!

4) Yay for the Disney Visa Discount that we just applied to our room only reservations for January! I'm guessing an AP discount will appear at some point, but I was happy to get started with January savings. :)

19. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

You're not going to believe this! Bob just told me to book the Saturday after Thanksgiving 7 night western caribbean Fantasy cruise. He misses it so much already he wants to go back.

So, we're off again on 11/24-12/1.

And Katesdad is going too so we are going to try and hook up as table mates at dinner.

Anybody else want to go?

20. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:cheer2: That is exciting news!!! :woohoo:

21. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

She does have the funny little eye twitch now and then, but other than that, she survived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.