2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

You are hilarious...love it.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Oh, you are such a great group! Thank you so much for all the congrat's! We had a terrible two years in and out of court. This is truly a blessing!

I spent years as a moderator for a very large group and it was not fun! Trust me I get it!

I edited my thread to add the link for the contest.. I hope everyone trys it!

And really, thanks again!

4. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

I'm always amused when someone says they are staying at Saratoga Springs, it's based off the city we live in! We visited it when we were down last, it was very "old" world Saratoga, not that we aren't still beautiful!

5. randy2005

randy2005 Mouseketeer

I love this thread.

We have 207 days left to go and are staying at the Beach Club for the first time.

Kids can not wait to get into SAB.:cool1:

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your leg! You had been working so hard towards your goal of returning to the Beach Club to run the ToT!

:hug:

We are running out of colors, but I will use BLUE for my reply.

According to the time stamp on these pictures, they were taken around 2-3 PM on a day in July. Looks like there is some elbow room. I have a few other pictures I looked at showing this area near the waterfall without many people, but that was from 5-6 PM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think these pictures are of the pool in front of where Beaches & Cream or the YC walkway is, but not positive.

A little more crowded here, same time:

[​IMG]

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

Doesn't look like you have an imminent trip according to your signature, but if I am wrong and you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, please let us know.

::goodvibes

Let us know when you have booked.

I can think of three reason people may want to avoid the first floor

1) As others have mentioned, very slight possibility of critters
    2) Rooms VERY near the lobby (don't even know if there are any) may experience a few extra folks walking by, maybe using the secret entrance/exit
    3) This is the big one for me- I enjoy using a balcony and I don't think I would care for the exposure from a first floor patio.

It sounds like you need to determine if the accessibility of the lobby outweighs some of these issues.

:cool1:

How nice of you to try to make your mom's dream come true. If we can help you out along the way, please let us know!

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the villas, but others here do.

:banana::banana::banana:

I think I welcomed you a few pages back, but just in case I am wrong:

As I mentioned, I am trying to get info on YC Deluxe, so far there isn't much there that I have found.

Yacht Club DOES have rollaway cots. I don't see why you couldn't get one for a Deluxe Room, unless it would increase the occupancy in the room beyond the legal limit.

Not sure if I have you on the Be Our Guest list or not. When is your trip?

:woohoo:

That is fantastic!!!

So glad that you are planning to use your pixiedust: at the place we love so much!

And thanks for the reminder- I usually enter first thing in the morning, but I haven't done it yet, so I am headed there now.

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

OK friends- time to check the Be Our Guest list to make sure your info is listed correctly!!!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

9. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can stay with us!!!! If not, if you visit the BC while I'm working, please stop by and chat!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

I will reply in Orange

This is the area where they play the games so that's why people are hanging out there. Just by looking at this picture my "Spidey Sense" is telling me that a large game of Marco Polo has just broken up due to all of the 'fish out of water" on the pool deck ;)

Also, in the back of the picture is the area where the giant pool slide ends. That far umbrella in the center is where the lifeguard who watches the slide area is stationed.

~NINJA MOM

11. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me what kind of coffee maker they have in the standard rooms at YC?

12. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Gantu:

Congrats!!! I wondered if anyone of the Dis members were goign to win one of those.

You will love planning a trip to BC/YC, except that the trip always ends up with ".......when can we start planning our next trip to BC/YC" :rotfl2:

Have fun

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Do you have a trip booked or are you still in the planning stages??

Yes, I can answer your question (which was, in fact, MY very first question here on this forum)

The answer is Cuisinart Pod Machine

From the Other Useful Information Section on Page 1:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

14. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

Thanks. Yes, we're booked for August.

15. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Question: If the BC/YC is completely booked up, how busy is it at the resort? In the concierge lounge? I'm assuming that Disney amps up their service to make sure guests are taken care of.

I'm booked 8/31 through 9/7. I believe the resort is fully booked the Labor Day weekend only. Will it be ok?

16. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Congrats! How exciting! I hope you get your wish and go to the Beach Club. :)

17. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I hope you do get your dream visit to the BC. Please keep us in the loop when you hear back! My husband and I enter every day, and it's so nice to hear that people on the DIS are winning.

18. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

That's awesome!! I have entered this contest daily. Good to see someone who wins

Well I hope its ok... it was the only resort I could get into when I booked this vacation. I waitlisted BCV but it didn't come through. It's a marathon weekend!

~Nannette

19. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

I love Saratoga Springs, NY!! My husband was stationed there when he was in the Navy and I spent a summer there with him before we were married!! I have such fond memories!!! Laid on the ground across from SPAC one night after a Melissa Ethridge concert looking up at all the stars!!!

20. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!! That is awesome!!'

21. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

pixiedust:Congrats!!!! Sounds like you deserve it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.