1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

So with the new FP+, it is my understanding that everything runs off the wristbands: Park Admission, purchases, SAB entrance etc.

Is it waterproof? Won't we get a weird suntan line? What if they drive my son (whom has special needs) crazy?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. smellyia

smellyia Mouseketeer

I'm a little crazy and use an excel spreadsheet for our itinerary, ADRs and touring plans. I also add in rec parks, special parade/show/ fireworks times and characters locations/times. I have another side note chart with info I want saved with tips etc... I add in packing notes and food notes as well. In addition, I bookmark threads or blog posts of interest then combine the info on my master excel spreadsheet. Basically my one excel spreadsheet (with multiple charts and lists) is my master list that combines everything I need for our trip. I don't do well with stuff in multiple places.

4. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I have a "Notes" app on my phone that is connected to my iPad and website. I have a whole lot of things in there, which are mostly things I want to try or do.

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I have been reading your reviews and thank you so much for the updates! :thumbsup2
    We are excited for our 1st YC CL stay coming in April! So, the nighttime apps have been good??? Sorry if I missed it, but did you give pictures? TIA. :goodvibes

6. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

pixarmom. I tried to send you a pm about our upcoming cruise. Your pm box is full. (Seems to be a common ailment on this thread.) Could you clear me a little room? :flower3:

7. cocoabean1

cocoabean1 Mouseketeer

I love these chips- I should have bagged some up to take home so that I could have 1 a day (yeah right) until I return in December. Too bad that we can't buy these on the disney website!!!!!!

8. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Mission accomplished! :)

9. Me!Thatswho

Me!Thatswho Mouseketeer

Hi Tia! You're going to love it! We had a blast. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Chris, who was there most of our days, and Lauri, who we actually first met at the BC CL, were our favorite concierges.

We:

1) ate breakfast everyday. There various pastries and mini-muffins each day, in addition to the standard croissants (to die for!), muffins, bagels, oatmeal and various cereals.

2) had mid-day snacks three days. Home-made potato chips with a blue cheese dip, chocolate-chip & sugar cookies, Swedish fish, chocolate-covered pretzels & trail mix were available each day.

3) had apps two days. I loved the lobster salad, scallops wrapped in bacon, and puffs very similar to crab ragoons. There also was dinner rolls and little cups of PBJ for the kids.

4) & dessert three nights. If memory serves me correctly, there were brownies each night, along with a mix of peanut-butter & chocolate mouse, cheesecake with rasberrys, oreo bon-bons, little fruit tarts and a few other tasty treats that have slipped my mind.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the snacks. I did, however, take a ton in around the resort and the parks (~1300 actually :crazy2:), so I may have a pic of practically everything else. :thumbsup2

10. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

It still won't let me. I've tried 3 or 4 times. It may take a while for those server thingy's to work. I'll try again later tonight or in the morning.
    Thanks!

11. Disney Dukers

Disney Dukers Mouseketeer

Yippee!!! Please add our family to the list!!! We will be staying August 21-31 at the Yacht Club in a standard room. DH and I are thrilled and the girls (6&8) are going to be soooo excited when we tell them. I'm going to wait until next week after I make a trip to the Disney Store (an hr from us) to surprise them. I'm hoping they sell autograph books, I'd like to buy them one each and then wrap them up as a way of telling them! They are going to love SAB!!:cheer2:

12. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

So we walked out of breakfast at Captain's Grille just in time for the ribbon cutting at Hurricane Hannahs! I will post pictures as soon as I can. I took photos of the food and bar menus. I chatted with some CMs. One lucky family got to cut the ribbon and be first in line for the food and another couple was first up at the bar. We just ate a late breakfast and were heading to the airport so we could not try that lobster roll!

By the way, the house made potato chips were delicious. The house made of potato chips was off display until next January. :goodvibes

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:banana::banana::banana: on the news about HH!

Thanks for letting us know!!

:blush: on the Potato Chip House :upsidedow

14. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

I tried again, and I think it "took" this time! But please be warned - the Disney Wonder to Alaska is AMAZING and if you engage me in a discussion regarding this topic, I may not be able to stop yapping about it!

Welcome and congratulations! Hope you love BC/YC as much as we do. And August is a perfect time to enjoy SAB - can't imagine a summer visit without it!

Yay!!!! Thanks so much - really excited to see your photos!

15. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

16. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

(I just realized that the food menu I posted had no prices! Sorry I didn't take a photo with the prices...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Just noticed they have Doc Loosen! My favorite riesling. Having it poolside at BC would be a dream. So sorry I left today!

18. RWathen

RWathen MomandDDluvMickey

Can you add us to the list for July 18-23? Excited to be back at the Beach Club this summer!

Ryan:cool1::cool1::cool1:

19. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

This isn't crazy to me... mine is color coded :thumbsup2

~Nannette

20. mommysdb

mommysdb Earning My Ears

Hi All,

We will be staying BC CL Deluxe room March 22-26 as part of a 3 resort split stay over 2 weeks. We are now at the point where we enjoy the resorts and the"and more" attractions as much as the parks. One day, we would like to walk over to Fantasia Gardens mini golf. How long would this take to walk?

Thanks! :)

21. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

WOW!! Yum!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.