2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djjsperry

Djjsperry Earning My Ears

Thank you soo much for all this information. My DH and I have stayed at the YC concierge level x2 and BC x1, and BCV x1. I didn't even know BC had a concierge level. We will be bringing DS, DDL DD and her friend June 1 - 8 to BCV 2 Bdr. I am so excited to come back home. At first wanted to try BW but DH said but I love BC so that's where we will be.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KUFamily

KUFamily Earning My Ears

Needed to post one more reply so I could reach 10 and be able to include icons and what not. :) Figured I'd take a moment to thank everyone for the amazing info you all share and your quick replies to all my questions! You are really a remarkable group of folks!

4. KUFamily

KUFamily Earning My Ears

Just a slight change... We upgraded to CL for our May 25-June 8 stay!:thumbsup2 All the great info I read here really convinced me!! :cheer2:

[​IMG]

5. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

Thanks! :goodvibes Hoping if thats the case we can also at least get a fireworks view like you!

6. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

I'm on the May list 2x, once for May(be) and one for my stay at YC May 20-26. :upsidedow

7. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Thanks for the news west&east. Anticipation......

Hang in there Sue. One more day and 'Here Comes the Mouse'......

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: back

Good luck to your son and all of you.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

:cool1:

I'll make the change on the list.

:welcome:

Traveling with family can be fun.

:yay:

You are going to love the location, especially for a F&W visit!

:woohoo:

Thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you back here again sometime.

:cool2:

Thanks! I'll add the info.

:thumbsup2

:welcome: to this forum and to the DIS!

:woohoo:

Glad we are helping to pass the time until your trip.

I'll add you to the list.

9. mademluc

mademluc Mouseketeer

:yay::dance3::yay: Got out confirmation this morning! We're booked at the YC for part one of our Graduation Celebration!!!! Thank you all for your help and advice. This is a really friendly group here on the BC/YC thread. Now fingers crossed for some Disney discounts for the beginning of August...
    PS does anyone know how to display tickers side by side????

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thank you to your husband and family for your service to our country!!!

Hopefully folks will have some answers to your questions.

So... are you visiting the *ahem* "Dark Side" to see a certain wizard before your Disney stay? I have a trip report from our visit to US/IoA and SW from my trip in 2011- the report is "Welcome Foolish Muggles" and is in my signature below. Lots of tips.

west&east or pixarmom- could one of you check if the milkshakes are a snack credit at B&C? Do we have a picture of the B&C takeout menu?

:welcome: back

I'll add you to the guest list.

Your DH clearly has good taste! But you knew that already!

:cheer2:

I'll make the change

:goodvibes

I'll get rid of that extra listing and correct your dates.

11. Brooklyn

Brooklyn "la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing noth

Thank you!

:rotfl2: yes we will be going to the "dark side". :rotfl: We have not been to US/IA since 2007. DD (12) wants to see it. My DH thinks it is a waste of time. :rotfl2: We used to live in Southern California and every time we would go to Knotts or Universal we would leave half way through the day and head back to Disneyland. He is worried the same thing will happen this time. :lmao: Universal in FL is much better than the one in CA and I think that we will enjoy it. Right now they have a miltiary special that came out in Oct and is over in June. He has been deployed since Oct and does not come back till July. :sad2: I am hoping however that they extend the special but who knows. If not we will just bite the bullet. We are also going to Sea World (which we have never been to in FL). We have to the one in San Diego many times and also the one in San Antonio. Since they too are offering a military free tickets for the day we figured why not. We have to though start the trip off on the "dark side" or there is no way we would leave Disney to head to these other places, lol. Oh I can't wait to read your trip report!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I know the menu at B&C does not reflect the milkshakes as a SC (well at least the latest pic I saw) but Allears has it listed. If it is a SC I know where my daughters will be using all of their snacks! :lmao: Thank you to anyone who knows or can check for me! :hug:

12. Me!Thatswho

Me!Thatswho Mouseketeer

And the crowds continued.....

Started the day off at DHS. Weather wise, it was gorgeous. I am still amazed at the draw TSM still enjoys. By 9:15, standby was well over an hour and the FP line was to stairs in front of One Man's Dream. This is probably due to the fact of the many, many, many tour groups that followed us from the MK from the prior evening. We counted at least 15 different flag styles. So'kay though, as it allowed us to hit both RnR & ToT x2. After lunch & a personally guided tour by C3P0 of Naboo, DS & I split from DW & DD for a few hours, as DD really wanted to spend quality time w/ SAB. We took our usually leisurely stroll through One Man's Dream, easily spent two showings of the film gazing in wonder at the displays. Even though a few of the signs we almost know by heart, we still love the walk through and it's magical treasures. We capped off our day at DHS by watching LMA, which we had not done in 5 or 6 years. Loved it, especially the inclusion of Lightning McQueen & Mater.

DS & I rejoined the girls midday. We enjoyed a little down, had some of those delicious chips & beer while watching much of the 1st half of the Atl-SF game. Then we hopped to MK, where, as expected, it was crowded. But, it definitely felt much less crowded than Saturday. We definitely toured with managed expectations, knowing that lines would be significant. Among the highlights were my scoring 750,000 on Buzz, watching DD dance the night away at 626's Dance Party, DD & DS scoring not one but two Sorcerer Mickey cards for the Sorcerer's game.

The icing on the night, and possibly the trip, game when we arrived at BoG for DD's birthday dinner, only to learn that they were running 20-30 minutes late. The delay allowed us to watch Wishes from the bridge. Two things made it special. First, the greeter, a CM named Chris, literally conducted the entire Nighttime Spectacular. I didn't know whether to watch the fireworks near Cinderella's castle, the ones over Beast's castle or Chris. The 2nd came when our buzzer went off literally the moment the last burst was fired. It was as if someone knew and waited just for DD to enjoy her "birthday" display. Just perfect. Oh, FYI: BoG, not only is it one of the cheapest sit downs that we have eaten at WDW in a while, it also was one of the best meals period. DW has the shrimp & scallop pastry, DS & DD has the Cornish hen, and I had the pork chop. Absolutely delicious!

Off to the MK and then to DHS for our last day of fun!

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I didn't notice your post until this morning.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for February, so I will add you.

BC or YC? CL?

The pastry in the lounge is very good, but I haven't heard any reports of donuts in the lounge for over 4 years.

Me!Thatswho- Have you seen any donuts?

For the tickers, try this. paste them side by side with no space in between. See what happens when you preview/post. if you want to put some space in between, use the SPACE bar, not enter.

I don't think I have had two tickers at once.

Does anyone else have the sudden urge to construct a home made of chips pasted together with the red pepper dip?

Or is it just me???

Sounds amazing!!!

Don't do online checkin.

As you are talking to the CM when you arrive at the resort, ask what kind of view the room has.

You can certainly ask if you can upgrade to a garden room, if available.

If you check out the room and the view is hideous, DON'T UNPACK OR TOUCH ANYTHING or use the bathroom. Go back to the front desk- You can ask if there is anything better available.

There may be, there may not be.

Thanks for your upper of a post! We really have a great group of people here.

:grouphug:

You gave a much needed lift to someone who is in a bit of a sad state as a result of a very ugly sporting event last night.

14. Brooklyn

Brooklyn "la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing noth

Thank you so much for pointing me to the direction of your trip report!!

Now I am debating on CL at Universal. I originally had it booked but was not sure what it would be like. With the offerings it seems worth it. Now I am confused! :confused3:rotfl:

1. Does staying on property really make a difference with the lines at US/IOA?
    We plan on staying on property to experience it but we have a DD with a medical condition that requires her to be kept out of the heat as much as possible. At WDW we spend the day at SAB and then parks when it cools off. There is nothing we can do about...just the way it has to be. I am hoping that the express pass helps with US and staying onsite. :confused3 We will plan on going early to HP area as I know EP won't work there. She can last a few hours in the early AM but then it will be back to the hotel pool or shows or something indoor and cool.

2. Is the early admission to HP each morning?

I know I had more questions but I should have wrote them down! They will come to me.

Thanks again!!!!

15. Figaro8398

Figaro8398 Mouseketeer

Another addition to the Be Our Guest list...we are returning to the BCV May 29 - June 5. This will be the first time we will be bringing our then 8 month old DD "home". We can't wait to introduce her to Teena. We can only hope her first trip to the world is as amazing as Princess Lily's!

16. beebeeryan

beebeeryan DIS Veteran

Elevator to nowhere??? What?:confused3 :rotfl2:

For the Be Our Guest list...we're going August 23 - 30 YC SV

Now that it is booked the time...213days....:hourglass is just gonna drag.

17. jenndisney

jenndisney <font color=teal>Is this a tag? Am I dreaming? S

We switched from contemporary cl to Beach Club CL for our trip March 8-16. We have never been at this resort and I have learned so much from this thread.

Thank you for all your information.

I do have one question. We ate at cape may years ago for dinner and were less than impressed. They were doing some remodeling and that may have had an affect on our opinion. Is it worth trying again?

18. SpartansFan

SpartansFan Earning My Ears

Greetings to those in this thread. I have been majorly lurking in here for some time and want to thank you all for the wonderful information that has been posted. Yay for DIS.

I'd like to add myself to the Be Our Guest list. We will be at the Beach Club on Club level from February 18th through the 23rd. We will be in a deluxe room and we can't wait.

19. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We love Cape May. It is always on our list of "must do's". We have ADR's there in Feb.

And it is very convenient when you are staying at the BC/YC.

20. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Hopefully I will come back soon with new dates for the YC as I am still leaning toward the YC for our pre-cruise stay ;).

21. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Just had to say I LOVE your signature pic!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.