2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have a couple of questions I'm hoping maybe one of you can answer, how many garden view club level rooms are there at Yacht Club and what part of the resort do they look out over since the new categories came into effect? Do they still look out over the wedding gazebo or are there more overlooking the front of the resort now.Just curious really.. My mind wanders whilst I multitask doing chores and listening to Disney music (hey I boogie to burn off calories too I know I'm a little obsessed:eek :blush) and this popped up.

Ok question,

I keep reading about not checking in on line because "you never know what upgrade awaits" or for specific requests i.e. full balcony, daybed. So, what about the new 60 day check in and fastpass+. According to the CM's I have spoken 2. I called twice and both had the same info. We have to be checked in to do that. Since we are going in April they said it fastpass+ may not be rolled out at exactly the 60 day mark, but it will likely be available before we leave. Also if I look at my reservation it states something like 78 days 18 days until 60 day check in. I find it interesting though that neither of them could tell me if I will have to be paid in full at 60 days instead of 45. Hmmm thoughts?

Just have a couple of questions I'm hoping maybe one of you can answer, how many garden view club level rooms are there at Yacht Club and what part of the resort do they look out over since the new categories came into effect? Do they still look out over the wedding gazebo or are there more overlooking the front of the resort now.Just curious really.. My mind wanders whilst I multitask doing chores and listening to Disney music (hey I boogie to burn off calories too I know I'm a little obsessed:eek :blush) and this popped up.

One of the posters on this board knows a lot about the YC CL GV rooms. If she sees this, maybe she will share what she knows about the rooms. My notes say there are 5 of these rooms, with 4 overlooking the wedding gazebo and one which does not.

I'm not sure what the bedding configuration is for these rooms.

If you have stayed in one of the YC CL GV and want to share the room number and what is in there for beds/daybeds, I'll add it to my notes.

disneydee6 said:
We have had the luck of the draw, with five stays at BC, and five Juliette balconies. :rotfl: When standing on the Juliette balcony, you can see down into peoples full balconies below. But, to be quite honest, when you have a Juliette balconey, not much time is spent on them b/c of their lack of space, so no need to worry too much about people peeping at you from above. The full balconies aren't exactly private, because when you don't have someone above you, there are people across and next to you as well. Just enjoy the fact that you have a full balcony and don't do anything on it you would want privacy for :lmao:

Lol! Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for. After the kids go to bed, we like to have a drink on the balcony. Just wanted to know if we'd have company :-)

Good morning everyone! First off, thanks to everyone who commented to yesterdays post. To my fellow NEers, good luck with the cold. Hopefully it will pass. To NinjaMom - spot on with your analogy. I LoLed when I read it! To PixarMom, I think you're right. Looks like mid-70s for the read of our stay. & to YCFAN, thanks. It feels good to be home!

Time for day 2 in review: 3 parks in a day!

Started off at AK. While there are many neat things at AK, it has always been a 1/2 day for us. But, after doing most of our usuals (re: EEx2, Dino, & PW), we decided to hop over to MK to see the new Fantasyland.

Hopped a bus to the TTC , rode the ferry, picked up a new pack of Sorcerer cards for DD, and then made our way back. For those who haven't been there, it is quite spectacular. Provided you kept the 7 Dwarfs coaster to your back, it felt as it have been there forever. Didn't have a chance to see Belle nor Ariel, as the lines were crazy and we decided to use our FPs for SM. But we did have lunch at Gastons. The pork shank = divine! LeFou's Brew = nectar of the gods (well, almost :rolleyes1)! And the cinnamon roll = literally melts in your mouth. Even though it was more crowed than expected, we were pretty busy. He hit CoP, TTA, HM, CBJ, & SFTH. The highlight was when the Mad Hatter spotted DD's Birthday pin and actually mouthed the Happy Birthday song to her from high up on the float. Definitely Disney at its best.

After a few hours, he made our way back to Cape May's for supper. Incredible! Everything was cooked properly and there was just even to sample that first timers like us weren't overwhelmed. Plus, the CMs really gave the impression that they loved their jobs, which made the dinning experience all that better.

Out last stop was Epcot. It too was very crowded, but seasoned Disers such as ourselves made our way around with ease. Hit JtI, SE, LL, SwN, did our shopping at MG, and actually waited standby for Soarin' during EMH.

It was a long day, but, after a great nights sleep on the beds at the YC, we're recharged.

Off to the Regatta Club for breakfast, then to Epcot for few hours before riding the Monorail to MK!

tpoo said:
Ok question,

I keep reading about not checking in on line because "you never know what upgrade awaits" or for specific requests i.e. full balcony, daybed. So, what about the new 60 day check in and fastpass+. According to the CM's I have spoken 2. I called twice and both had the same info. We have to be checked in to do that. Since we are going in April they said it fastpass+ may not be rolled out at exactly the 60 day mark, but it will likely be available before we leave. Also if I look at my reservation it states something like 78 days 18 days until 60 day check in. I find it interesting though that neither of them could tell me if I will have to be paid in full at 60 days instead of 45. Hmmm thoughts?

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on getting a pixie dust upgrade.

People have posted here on the DIS of checking in online at 60 days out and not paid in full yet.

Good morning everyone! First off, thanks to everyone who commented to yesterdays post......

Off to the Regatta Club for breakfast, then to Epcot for few hours before riding the Monorail to MK!

Great touring Me!Thatswho. Keep those reports coming. :surfweb:

New to Beach Club (first trip on June 7-14). Given the lack of hot quick service breakfast options, I am thinking of upgrading to club level. We stayed CL at the POLY the last trip (mostly for the location of the CL building). It was nice to have access to drinks and snacks. Not sure if I should stick with standard view or go with garden view. Where is the snack room in relation to the lobby, and are the garden view rooms closer to the snack room? Also, I am still reading through these posts, so forgive my next question if it is already posted somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of the CL menu? The IPO at the POLY was able to send me one, so I figure someone will have it.

New to Beach Club (first trip on June 7-14). Given the lack of hot quick service breakfast options, I am thinking of upgrading to club level. We stayed CL at the POLY the last trip (mostly for the location of the CL building). It was nice to have access to drinks and snacks. Not sure if I should stick with standard view or go with garden view. Where is the snack room in relation to the lobby, and are the garden view rooms closer to the snack room? Also, I am still reading through these posts, so forgive my next question if it is already posted somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of the CL menu? The IPO at the POLY was able to send me one, so I figure someone will have it.

I don't know anything about CL or where the CL rooms are. But there is this handy map which will give you a good idea of the locations of the standard view rooms.

scan0001.jpg

The standard view rooms look at the parking lot. As you can see from the layout, there aren't a lot of rooms that face that direction. The only area I'm not sure about are the rooms that face the little courtyard between the BC and the BCV. We had a room right over the door that led out of the BC that you would take to get to the BCV. My husband can't remember if he booked a standard view or garden view for that one.

I would go for the garden view, since it is usually not too much more money. It is much nicer than looking at the parking lot.

^^^^^^^^ This, please. I would like to know to know also, bc we have booked a YC CL GV room in Sept. I am assuming it will be on the 5th floor, but wondering what our potential views are besides the wedding gazebo???

If only all decisions were this pleasant ::yes:: We've gone back and forth and forth and back and all around lake (crescent) and I guess we've decided on the YC :cheer2:
So, all you kind and understanding experts - my current question is should I make a floor request? We're booking garden view, so my first request is gazebo view but beyond that is higher better or is that just a personal preference and they're all the same...
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to officially change my ticker!

Hello! We've stayed both CL and non-CL at BC many times, so maybe I can help a little. First, we think there are a ton of breakfast options in and around BC. When we stay non-CL and need something really quick, we stock up on bagels, donuts, pop tarts, cereal, milk, juice and fruit from BC Marketplace in the grocery section. If we need CS for breakfast, we usually head over to BC Marketplace. (We even go to BC Marketplace when staying at other Epcot area resorts.) We liked the old breakfast menu, we like the new breakfast menu, and we like the selection of bakery items. We've also enjoyed breakfast at Picabu, just a few minutes away with a very full breakfast menu. And we often stop for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery on the way to DHS.

But we do like CL at BC. BC Marketplace offers more in terms of breakfast selection than the club lounge, but the club lounge is usually more convenient for us. I think Dee has a list of typical CL food offerings on the front page, but for breakfast it's usually fruit, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc. All of those items (other than the hard boiled eggs) are available at BC Marketplace, which also offers the breakfast sandwich with potato casserole, the breakfast platter and a variety of groceries. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564 I haven't seen menus for BC CL or BWI CL (we've stayed at both,) but I know others have posted a Poly menu before, so maybe the IPOs for each operate differently.

Most of the CL rooms are on the 5th floor, but the suites and deluxe rooms are located in other areas of the resort. In addition to regular rooms, we've stayed in a deluxe room and a 2-bedroom suite at BC and didn't mind the walk to the lounge. To get to the lounge and the CL rooms, just take the elevator from the lobby to the 5th floor (need your CL key for that) and the lounge is right there. Makes it VERY easy to grab breakfast in the lounge and head to the bus/boat launch.

And if you can get a garden view room, I'd definitely book it! It's usually just a few dollars more per night and helps you avoid any rooftop/concrete views. I think the garden view rooms are a great value.

Good morning everyone :goodvibes sitting at SeaTac airport waiting for my flights! And boy is it foggy out, can barely see that there is a plane at the end of walkway yikes! Should be in Florida tonight! Then wdw on Wednesday :cheer2:

Good morning everyone :goodvibes sitting at SeaTac airport waiting for my flights! And boy is it foggy out, can barely see that there is a plane at the end of walkway yikes! Should be in Florida tonight! Then wdw on Wednesday :cheer2:

Travel safe, Sue! Hope you have a great time! Please warm up the weather in Florida for us - we're arriving next Saturday! :)

I hope you have a great time! Florida tonight sounds perfect. :goodvibes

Silly question for you...is there a door that separates the bathroom sinks from the rest of the room? We've only stayed at a mod before and there was just a curtain. I'm asking because I was wondering if I need to get my husband some ear plugs and one of those eye masks things so we don't bother him while we are getting ready. He gets a little cranky when he gets woken up too early in the morning:)

Silly question for you...is there a door that separates the bathroom sinks from the rest of the room? We've only stayed at a mod before and there was just a curtain. I'm asking because I was wondering if I need to get my husband some ear plugs and one of those eye masks things so we don't bother him while we are getting ready. He gets a little cranky when he gets woken up too early in the morning:)

There is a door that closes off the toilet and tub area, but the sink area does not have a door.

There is a wall that comes out a bit to separate the sink area from the rest of the room. This helps difuse some of the light and sound, but there is no door to complete block things.

No door (or curtain) between the sinks and the room at YC. We've never stayed at BC, but the rooms are laid out pretty much the same, so I'm guessing no there as well. The only door is between the sink area and the toilet and tub/shower.

Thanks for the info!! Ear plugs and eye mask thingy are now added to the packing list! Just wish we were a little closer to May so I could start packing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter