2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Mom, while reading the BOG list, I noticed you have a trip coming up verrrryyyyy soon! You lucky duck! I'm so jealous!!!!!

And may I add a much deserved trip. Dem Ninjas work hard.

(Padding around on soft, noiseless Ninja feet....) Yes, the rumor's are true... I DO HAVE A TRIP COMING UP SOON! SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON!!!!

WEEEEeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeee!!!! :jumping1:

Thank you to everyone who posts here. I feel like I have learned a ton of information here that should really help me enjoy my stay. I've also really enjoyed all the friendship I experienced from the folks who belong to this thread. :grouphug:

I have been going nuts with all the stuff I have to do for Thanksgiving and now Christmas before I leave. I want all the decorations up before we go so I can relax when we get back. My Dad is staying at the house while we are gone so I am getting it ready for him. He already said at Thanksgiving that it looked like Christmas came early at our house, which it did because of this trip.

The 4 males in my family are responsible for packing for themselves so that is nice for me. If they forget their undies they ain't borrowing mine... that's for sure! I'll leave each of them a list and they choose to ignore it then that's on them... or should I say off of them.

I have mailed down a small Christmas tree and some pool noodles. Normally people think the pool noodles are for the pool but I find they are great for beating cranky teens. The noodles don't leave marks and it's really hard to break any bones when you are beating the kids with a noodle after you've reached the end of your rope. When I was a kid my parents would say "Get me the Belt!!!!". In our house I just start waving a pool noodle around and it has the same effect.
BTW ;)

Ok, I need some help determining the best day to see Wishes, and the best way to travel back to the BC afterwards. Our trip is in 11 days :)

We have two choices of days to go and I am hoping to pick the least stressful exit strategy and return to the BC. We could go Monday night, when Wishes is at 8 p.m., but the park has extended hours to 11 p.m. We could stay for a short time afterward, and possibly skip some crowds, but would most likely have to take the bus back to BC. If we do this, anyone have any idea how long to stay until bus lines let up? Also, to note, we have dinner reservations at 5 in Epcot, so we would (hopefully) get to MK right before Wishes.

Option number two is to go on Wednesday night, when Wishes is at 8, but the park closes at 8. We would probably take the monorail back to Epcot and walk through Epcot to return home to BC. I like the monorail part, but am worried about the crowds exiting MK all at once. The plus side here is we have a 5 p.m. ADR in MK, so we should have some time to find a food spot to see Wishes. This is the day I have in my plans now, but was wondering is Monday day would be better.

Any and all advice welcome :)

Thanks so much.

I can't help you with what night to go but I can help you with an exit strategy. Post Wishes, even when the park is still open later, is when many people leave, especially those with small children. If the park is still open I'd give it 30 mins to 45 mins for the bus lines to clear out from the post Wishes exodus.

AFTER THE PARK CLOSES, as long as you are on Main street you can shop after the park closes while other people are thundering towards the buses.
I'd give it from 45 mins to an hour before I tried to leave when the park closes after Wishes.

Another tip I really love while waiting for the bus lines to clear out is to hang out on a bench by the castle and just watch it change colors for a while. Also, there are other benches and places to sit near the flag pole closer to the exit. Pull up a bench by the castle and people and castle watch. After a long night in the park it sure beats standing in some massive bus line with cranky people. You can do this for a surprisingly long time, certainly long enough to clear out the bus lines. Just be sure to hang out in this Main street area and you should be fine. You will not be allowed back into any of the lands and you must stay in the hub/main street area.

Often times if you stay after the Official Park closing time you will get to watch something called the "Kiss Goodnight" castle show. This is a choreographed song and light show that the castle does that is very sweet. Most people miss it because they are in such a hurry to leave, but in those quiet, last moments it's a real treat to see. If the workers need to clean the hub just move further back, say near Casey's and the tables there.

The one thing to remember is that Disney transportation will get you back to your Disney hotel no matter how late you leave.... really, no matter how late. Trust me on that one. They will emphasize that it's not a problem and it's not like you are keeping employees from going home any earlier. These employees work the late shift and they have to stay anyway to get their weekly hours.

So the secret to a successful exit is to not be in such a hurry to leave. Find yourself someplace comfortable to sit and watch something pretty or interesting. Anyway that's how my family does it. Good luck and have a GREAT trip. Maybe I'll see you down there. Look for the harried woman with 3 teen boys who forgot to pack their underwear and bathing suits. I'll be the one chasing them in the lobby and trying to whack them with a pool noodle.

~NM

(Padding around on soft, noiseless Ninja feet....) Yes, the rumor's are true... I DO HAVE A TRIP COMING UP SOON! SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON!!!!

Thank you to everyone who posts here. I feel like I have learned a ton of information here that should really help me enjoy my stay. I've also really enjoyed all the friendship I experienced from the folks who belong to this thread. :grouphug:

I have been going nuts with all the stuff I have to do for Thanksgiving and now Christmas before I leave. I want all the decorations up before we go so I can relax when we get back. My Dad is staying at the house while we are gone so I am getting it ready for him. He already said at Thanksgiving that it looked like Christmas came early at our house, which it did because of this trip.

The 4 males in my family are responsible for packing for themselves so that is nice for me. If they forget their undies they ain't borrowing mine... that's for sure! I'll leave each of them a list and they choose to ignore it then that's on them... or should I say off of them.

I have mailed down a small Christmas tree and some pool noodles. Normally people think the pool noodles are for the pool but I find they are great for beating cranky teens. The noodles don't leave marks and it's really hard to break any bones when you are beating the kids with a noodle after you've reached the end of your rope. When I was a kid my parents would say "Get me the Belt!!!!". In our house I just start waving a pool noodle around and it has the same effect.
BTW ;)

I can't help you with what night to go but I can help you with an exit strategy. Post Wishes, even when the park is still open later, is when many people leave, especially those with small children. If the park is still open I'd give it 30 mins to 45 mins for the bus lines to clear out from the post Wishes exodus.

AFTER THE PARK CLOSES, as long as you are on Main street you can shop after the park closes while other people are thundering towards the buses.
I'd give it from 45 mins to an hour before I tried to leave when the park closes after Wishes.

Another tip I really love while waiting for the bus lines to clear out is to hang out on a bench by the castle and just watch it change colors for a while. Also, there are other benches and places to sit near the flag pole closer to the exit. Pull up a bench by the castle and people and castle watch. After a long night in the park it sure beats standing in some massive bus line with cranky people. You can do this for a surprisingly long time, certainly long enough to clear out the bus lines. Just be sure to hang out in this Main street area and you should be fine. You will not be allowed back into any of the lands and you must stay in the hub/main street area.

Often times if you stay after the Official Park closing time you will get to watch something called the "Kiss Goodnight" castle show. This is a choreographed song and light show that the castle does that is very sweet. Most people miss it because they are in such a hurry to leave, but in those quiet, last moments it's a real treat to see. If the workers need to clean the hub just move further back, say near Casey's and the tables there.

The one thing to remember is that Disney transportation will get you back to your Disney hotel no matter how late you leave.... really, no matter how late. Trust me on that one. They will emphasize that it's not a problem and it's not like you are keeping employees from going home any earlier. These employees work the late shift and they have to stay anyway to get their weekly hours.

So the secret to a successful exit is to not be in such a hurry to leave. Find yourself someplace comfortable to sit and watch something pretty or interesting. Anyway that's how my family does it. Good luck and have a GREAT trip. Maybe I'll see you down there. Look for the harried woman with 3 teen boys who forgot to pack their underwear and bathing suits. I'll be the one chasing them in the lobby and trying to whack them with a pool noodle.

~NM

OMG! I have never heard of this "Kiss Goodnight" show...I am going to stick around on our next trip and check it out!!! :thumbsup2

I have to tell you...

I sit down with this thread every day around 4:30 with my hot cup of coffee. It is the most relaxing part of my day by far! When I get to those last few dreaded sips I have to peel myself away to go make dinner and all those other mom-ly duties. I am a pre-school teacher so, trust me, those few minutes with his thread and a cup of coffee are priceless. So thank you to everyone who contributes!

On a side note, the kids (DS 10 and DD 13) have no idea we are going to Disney in April. They know we are going to visit my sister in California this summer so we told them "no way can we afford Disney too!"

It's going to be a Christmas morning surprise! I made them a Shutterfly photobook of our 2012 trip and on the last page it says something to the effect of "Remember what a great time we had?? So how about we do it all again? How does April vacation sound?" On the last page I've got loads of pictures of YC and SAB. The kids have never been to YC but my DH and I have, so the kids know all about it thru us. They're going to be so excited (I hope!)

Thanks again to everyone for making this such a rockin' thread! (especially Dee) :goodvibes

~NM

Woot, woot! So exciting and well deserved.

:banana::banana::banana:

I'll even top those bananas off with the creepy dancing man! :dancer:

My sister challenged me not to talk about my birthday trip for a whole week! Today was my last day and so it feels good to talk about it again!

I keep getting the urge to change my ADRs around...but my family is sick of me doing that.

The only thing im 100% sure of is staying at the beach club! Ahh! This past January, when I visited the boardwalk...and walked passed the beach club...never would I ever imagine that id be vacationing there within the next few years!

CT Disney said:
It's going to be a Christmas morning surprise! I made them a Shutterfly photobook of our 2012 trip and on the last page it says something to the effect of "Remember what a great time we had?? So how about we do it all again? How does April vacation sound?" On the last page I've got loads of pictures of YC and SAB. The kids have never been to YC but my DH and I have, so the kids know all about it thru us. They're going to be so excited (I hope!)

Thanks again to everyone for making this such a rockin' thread! (especially Dee) :goodvibes

That sounds like such a lovely surprise! What a good keepsake!

Wanted to share our great view from the Beach Club~

IMG_4405_2.jpg

I have to tell you...

I sit down with this thread every day around 4:30 with my hot cup of coffee. It is the most relaxing part of my day by far! When I get to those last few dreaded sips I have to peel myself away to go make dinner and all those other mom-ly duties. I am a pre-school teacher so, trust me, those few minutes with his thread and a cup of coffee are priceless. So thank you to everyone who contributes!:goodvibes

OMG this is me too!! Except my time is usually with the afternoon coffee is around 3 pm!:surfweb: I know getting those few minutes can be the difference between sanity and insanity!:goodvibes

LOVE the water view shot! Thanks for sharing!!

Ninja mom, your description of you "men" packing made me :rotfl2:. I should make mine pack for themselves, but at 6, 10 and yes, even 40, that could be disastrous. ;)

I want to say thank you AGAIN to Dee and everyone for this great thread! Last time we went to the world, we stayed CL at the Grand Floridian, and I wanted to do something nice for the staff but knew they couldn't take tips. Thanks to this thread, I just boxed up my "goody box" of Michigan-themed treats (including a few special ones :goodvibes ), and they will ship to the Yacht Club tomorrow at the address that was so easy to find on the first page. :)

Now the race is on: who will get there first...me or the box? :rotfl2:

Can't believe we're almost there! :yay:

IMG_4405_2.jpg

Now THAT is a WATER view!!! Why even the Laundry Room looks....ALLURING! :bitelip:

This is obviously a laundry room where the rich and famous wash up their unmentionables. If you look really hard you can almost see the Chippendale/bartender whipping up something decadent and handing it to the lucky lady doing laundry. ;) ;) ;)

I may be dragging down some extra laundry just so 'Tom Collins' (I've named him!) can make me a dirty "Flirtini"* ::yes::

~NM

(*The flirtini is a cocktail containing vodka, champagne and pineapple juice)

IMG_4405_2.jpg

We had the exact same view (until we changed rooms since ours didn't have a daybed and we have 5 people in our family). I LOVE the location (very close to our secret door by 1501) and the view!

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is a WATER view!!! Why even the Laundry Room looks....ALLURING! :bitelip:

This is obviously a laundry room where the rich and famous wash up their unmentionables. If you look really hard you can almost see the Chippendale/bartender whipping up something decadent and handing it to the lucky lady doing laundry. ;) ;) ;)

I may be dragging down some extra laundry just so 'Tom Collins' (I've named him!) can make me a dirty "Flirtini"* ::yes::

~NM

(*The flirtini is a cocktail containing vodka, champagne and pineapple juice)

Hey! Where was Tom Collins when I stayed there any my room faced this area? He must have been on break! All I saw were people washing their dirty unmentionables. I was the only rich and famous person there! ;)

It does look like an alluring place to get loaded while doing your loads! If we get lucky enough to get this section again, I'll be sure to leave my patio door unlocked for Tom Collins to hand-deliver my flirtini!:love: :drinking1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter