2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

It's 7:42pm, we have about 4" of powdery snow. Not even enough to warrant the snowblower yet. The best part is that EVERY school in a hundred mile (if not more!) radius was closed, and it didn't start snowing in the Capital Region (Albany NY) until almost dark!! My kids were in heaven!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

First, our boys report that the Jib Slide no longer hurts their backs, and we had to literally pull our 6-year-old off it at the end of the day. Here's a photo path from the slide exit to the stairs:

Slide exit:

[​IMG]

Hop out of the pool and follow the path:

[​IMG]

Here's what you'll see when you get to the end of the path out of SAB:

[​IMG]

You'll turn to the right and walk toward the ship:

[​IMG]

Then you'll turn to the left and walk along the side of the ship:

[​IMG]

Keep walking along side the ship:

[​IMG]

Make a U-Turn and head up the stairs!

[​IMG]

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:sick: hope you're feeling better soon.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Great pics. That's good to know about the slide. I tried it once, and it hurt my back too much to try again. Really stings when going over the seams. I wonder what they did to fix it? This August I'll give it another try now!

6. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

Teena - Hope you find some medicine to make you feel better! :goodvibes

PixarMom - What fantastic photo tours! You are the best. :) :thumbsup2

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Wow - great improvements over at Hurricane Hanna's! I do hope they find more permanent fencing to separate the pool from the seating area - doesn't look quite right. But the setup is great - the bar is much improved and includes seating, everything looks updated and clean and the refill mug station is in its own alcove with the condiments - not in between the bar and the counter service area. Love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

You found my spot! That's my favorite part of the pool too. :)

9. BusyMom2Three

BusyMom2Three Mouseketeer

In central Michigan (southeast central? :laughing:) I don't think we even got 6" which is fine by me, but school was still canceled much to my silly DS8's disappointment!

pixarmom, thank you for the awesome picture tours and menus! :thumbsup2

10. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Thanks Janet and Sue! Sue, not sure if they actually fixed it, or if our boys are more tough than in the past, or if they were just so happy to use SAB while staying at BWI that it didn't bother them. But they definitely thought it was different from all their previous SAB slides - including their slides in October of last year.

11. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Someone asked about this before our trip - I see lots of snack credit symbols!!

[​IMG]

12. beebeeryan

beebeeryan DIS Veteran

I'm in Guilderland and we don't even have 2 inches right now at 8:00pm. Our district was the only one around that didn't close though, kids got their school day in. It's just picking up now a little. I doubt we get more than 6-8". Still not looking forward to the drive to Troy tomorrow morning for hockey though.

13. BusyMom2Three

BusyMom2Three Mouseketeer

I'd like to know, too. :thumbsup2

14. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sea racers!! The sea racers!! SO much fun for all and even our 13-year-old could drive. Our 12-year-old was old enough, but not tall enough. I didn't think I would be interested in driving, but I loved it too.

15. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Wait!!! :rotfl: School was cancelled for you!!! We should have had at least a 2 hour delay this morning so they could have plowed the school parking lot properly!! :mad: It was a mess, and I was waiting for everyone to get stuck!!! Where in Central Michigan? My DS has a teammate that goes to Mattawan, and they are on their 6th snow day this year!!! Thankfully, the sun was out today and melted the driveway and other roadways!!

16. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes, all the Deluxe resorts get lotion.

17. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Yay! So relaxing! :) Now that our boys are getting older and their swimming skills are so strong, I can actually start to think about things like this!

Regarding the soy milk, something called Pearl was in stock at BC Marketplace last October. I think it's soy milk. You can see it near the milk in the photo of the case in my BC Marketplace photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

As you can see, the SAB hours must be subject to change again. It was 10-10 when we stayed there in October and 10-8 in January/early February. You can see the removable thingy for the hours on the sign:

[​IMG]

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

What she said!

Teena- take care of yourself

Pixarmom- AWESOME!!!

These photo tours are perfect! I'll link the posts to the appropriate section on page 1.

And you got the picture of the ever-present golf cart. :rotfl2:

Your spot at SAB looks nice and relaxing. I won't tell about your new favorite place if you don't tell anyone about my secret seating section in the gazebo on top of Hurricane Hanna's!

Love the French bakery pictures- "Wine: It's what's for breakfast"

Mango coconut cake??? Buh-bye creme brulee!

I can't remember if I asked you to take the Marina Price Sign picture, but THANK YOU!!! I was playing around with that post last week and noticed the picture I have is a couple of years old.

20. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Hi Robyn!

Just wanted to let you know that not only are turkey sandwiches on the kids' menu at BC Marketplace, but also over at the temporary Boardwalk Bakery. They also offer grown-up turkey sandwiches.

Sounds like a few options for turkey remain!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Deal on the SAB spots! I thought of your favorite gazebo top spots and grabbed a couple photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this time, we rode in the golf cart back to BWI! Nice service. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.