1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

We dodged quite a bullet by about 30 miles here in Western Michigan!!! We got 8" of snow, but about 30 miles and north is pretty bad, over 300 schools closed :sad2: My DS (10) was quite the pouter this morning because we still had school!!

:offtopic: What is with the Nemo and the storm? Can someone explain that to me? :thumbsup2

Sun is shining here and shoveling without a coat!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Nemo is the name of the storm. :goodvibes

5. DisneyLifeMel

DisneyLifeMel Mouseketeer

Hi... Does the Beach Club Marketplace keep Soy Milk in stock? If anyone knows the size &/or price, that would be great too!

Thanks!
    princess:

6. TxTiggergal

TxTiggergal Mouseketeer

7. V4dice

V4dice DIS Veteran

Hi! I've been spending some time lurking on this thread before and after my first visit to the BC in January. We loved it and hope to return soon! I appreciate all the great tips and info on the thread! I saw some posts asking for a picture of the current grapefruit H2O products. I happened to snap one during our trip so I'm including it in this post. Sorry the picture isn't better but I used my cell phone to take it. These were in our BC CL room.
    Veronica
    [​IMG]

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! Very helpful. Thanks for delurking and :welcome: to the thread.

9. happymomof1

happymomof1 DIS Veteran

The ones that we had at CBR, yes a moderate, were VERY nice! It makes the start to any day magical to see the cute mickey head and the orange scent was very light, like orange blossom. It's H20, so very well done. I know whatever will be at BC will be nice as well.

10. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Hamilton Square here!

11. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

12. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

Those sound wonderful! If only I'd seen this before we went out to the store!

13. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

First, so happy the photos brought a little joy during these snowy days! Thanks for all the happy responses! :)

Hi ocalla! Our day trip worked perfectly because it was February 1 and very slow there. I read that we should not purchase an express pass unless we found the lines too long in the park. Given the season, the lines were entirely manageable. We walked onto Forbidden Journey even though we were not resort guests and, therefore, could not use the early entry.

We just love Disney resorts so much that we couldn't give up any nights to stay elsewhere. So relaxing at Disney, and great to have all those wonderful Epcot and Epcot resort dining options right there. So the day trip worked for us, but I was thinking the analysis is far more difficult in the summer. I think I'd probably spring for the express pass in the summer, rather than stay on-site, but I'm a Disney loyalist!

Oh no! That one was a bit misleading. I took that from the Boardwalk - not from the room.

The Sunken Treasure! Yes, Tom is the bartender who knows how to make the Sunken Treasure - haven't found anyone else there who can do it, but maybe someone else will. Last week, Tom was on a break when I went to get my drink, so no luck. Ordered a sangria instead.

14. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Over the years, we've set up camp in many different areas of SAB. I've spent a lot of time near the zero depth sandy area. Sometimes, if our boys are sliding a lot, we set up camp at the base of the slide. Other times, we're over near the kiddie pool that overlooks the lake. I usually avoid the rows of chairs right in front of the volleyball net - a bit too hectic for me.

I decided that the quiet area to the right of the hot tubs - sort of to the left of Beaches N Cream is my favorite area to swim. There's a little waterfall, part of it has a sandy bottom, and it's very rarely crowded at any time of year. And there are a few chairs to the right of that area that offer a nice view of different areas of the pool. It's a central location, but a bit tucked away. Now that all of our boys are strong swimmers, it's a nice spot for us.

A few photos - but don't let it get too crowded!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

I tried to get a few photos of the secret entrance from afar, to give new BC guests some perspective of the location.

Here, you can see the two little posts leading to the secret entrance on the right side of the photo:

[​IMG]

A little further out:

[​IMG]

And a little further - secret entrance is all the way at the end of the building on the right side:

[​IMG]

16. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

This one seems a little more difficult to locate.

So let's start at the YC lobby, looking out towards the lighthouse.

[​IMG]

Walk straight towards the lighthouse:

[​IMG]

Then turn right:

[​IMG]

The YC secret entrance is straight ahead:

[​IMG]

When you reach it, the marina is on your left:

[​IMG]

And the gazebo is on your right:

[​IMG]

17. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

My power lines not looking promising :confused3
    2-3inches per hr and the winds are wild.

17 days ......:cool1:

18. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Yay! The bakery in France is open at 9am daily! Go through the international gateway and the CM will allow you to turn right into France, just for the bakery. Some of you know that we don't do much CS, but this is WONDERFUL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Great pics. That bakery looks amazing, I can't wait :love:

20. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

For those who want a larger CS breakfast or need late night CS, or just want a large selection at a CS location, Picabu is a great option. I just timed the walk from the YC lobby to Picabu at exactly 9 minutes (that includes stopping to take these photos!)

Here's the Picabu menu:

[​IMG]

And the seating:

[​IMG]

So let's start from the YC lobby again, looking toward the lighthouse:

[​IMG]

Walk straight towards the lighthouse:

[​IMG]

Then turn right:

[​IMG]

Then turn left and walk toward the marina:

[​IMG]

Then right at the marina toward the Dolphin:

[​IMG]

As you approach the Dolphin, go straight (do not turn left and go over the bridge)

[​IMG]

This path will hug the Dolphin and bring you right up to the fountain outside the lobby. Enter the Dolphin right near the fountain and follow the signs to Picabu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.