2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAZPRINCESS

KAZPRINCESS Mouseketeer

Spent the last hour catching up with this thread. Loving all the photos.

Only 183 days to go until we head across the Atlantic for our WDW holiday and checking into the Beach Club.

I'll have to come on everyday to keep in touch with all the goings on. Slapped wrist for me for ignoring this thread.

A big hello to anyone staying mid August may see you there.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mommakacie

mommakacie Mouseketeer

4. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Thx so much the two of you, for the info on this delicious sounding spirit & the ingredient's Dannysmom!

As far as a Piña Colava--- girl you can order them at any Disney Resort I'm pretty sure. It's pure yumminess in a cup, I think its really a basic Piña with Raspberry purée, so delicious!!! In Sept I ordered one at POR & I was shocked they made them, I originally thought just POLY had them. I was never so happy to be wrong!!!!!

Pour 1.5 ounces Bacardi Razz Rum in a 12 ounce Hurricane Glass and fill the glass with Piña Colada mix and ice. Mix everything in an ice cream/slushy machine until you have a creamy texture. Pour the drink back into the Hurricane Glass and swirl in a dash of Sweetened Raspberry Purée (make sure the seeds have all been removed). Serve with a pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass.

Try it, y'all will love it!!!

5. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Yup sounds good!!

6. beebeeryan

beebeeryan DIS Veteran

Love Pina Colava, it's my drink by the pool usually, but this Sunken Treasure has me intrigued. It's not officially on the menu anymore at Hurricane Hanna's, but if someone who knows how to make it is there, they will still make you one. Or so I hear. :yay:

7. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Great, nice tip! I'll definitely try!

8. MelanieRI

MelanieRI Mouseketeer

I'm a RN at a hospital outside of Boston. I work the night shift. I requested Friday night off b/c DD's birthday is this wkend. Boy, did I luck out because I would have normally been on this Friday! They are making arrangements for people to sleep there and are offering rides from security to make sure everyone gets there. No one is allowed to get canceled no matter what the census is because we are in a state of emergency. I'm so glad that I have 4 days off! I won't be back at work until Tuesday night. :cool1:

9. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - great pics and fabulous view!!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Stay safe.

10. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Oh good for you thats a very long commute from RI. I work at a hospital in a Boston suburb, and live about 50 minutes south, my weekend off although I am working for a colleague on Sunday so hope we can get out by then

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I asked the very same thing, a little earlier today. Still waiting to hear from any recent guests to the resort.

12. Chrissyb8885

Chrissyb8885 Mouseketeer

Staying at the yacht club for the first time in april!!!!! Really hoping to get the king bedroom with daybed....are there very many of those rooms?? Also any suggestions for room requests? We are booked for garden view and will be traveling with our 2 year old daughter.

Thanks!
    -Chrissy

13. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Grapefruit no more blue. Was at yc a few weeks ago

14. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Grapefruit no blue. This was yc cl a few weeks ago

15. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

16. mopp22

mopp22 Earning My Ears

Can't believe how many fellow New Jerseyans (Jersyites?) are on here! Looks like we all need to escape!

17. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Wow! That's what they have at the values. I hope they have the nicer amenities in the deluxes.

18. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

They have this yellow grapefruit stuff now.

19. mom_of_2

mom_of_2 Mouseketeer

I'm not sure...my kids are 5 and 3.

20. DisneyLifeMel

DisneyLifeMel Mouseketeer

Thanks... I love trying the new soaps. DH is partial to the Sea Marine (on DCL). :flower3:

21. happymomof1

happymomof1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the toiletries. The orange/mickey topped ones at CBR were really nice. I'm hoping the grapefruit is as well. Too bad they don't have mickey ears as well :( those bottles are really cute. Also, is there a lotion at BC? (That's one thing they CBR did not have in the rooms.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.