2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the last hour catching up with this thread. Loving all the photos.

Only 183 days to go until we head across the Atlantic for our WDW holiday and checking into the Beach Club.

I'll have to come on everyday to keep in touch with all the goings on. Slapped wrist for me for ignoring this thread.

A big hello to anyone staying mid August may see you there.

nannette said:
Hi Logpey,

Try page one under Post 16 community page link... scroll down theres a pic and how to make it! YUM!!
Also what is a Pina Co-lava?!?

~Nannette

DannysMom said:
Copied from page mentioned above.....

Medicgirl177s recipe :)
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
!

Thx so much the two of you, for the info on this delicious sounding spirit & the ingredient's Dannysmom!

As far as a Piña Colava--- girl you can order them at any Disney Resort I'm pretty sure. It's pure yumminess in a cup, I think its really a basic Piña with Raspberry purée, so delicious!!! In Sept I ordered one at POR & I was shocked they made them, I originally thought just POLY had them. I was never so happy to be wrong!!!!!

Pour 1.5 ounces Bacardi Razz Rum in a 12 ounce Hurricane Glass and fill the glass with Piña Colada mix and ice. Mix everything in an ice cream/slushy machine until you have a creamy texture. Pour the drink back into the Hurricane Glass and swirl in a dash of Sweetened Raspberry Purée (make sure the seeds have all been removed). Serve with a pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass.

Try it, y'all will love it!!!

Thx so much the two of you, for the info on this delicious sounding spirit & the ingredient's Dannysmom!

As far as a Piña Colava--- girl you can order them at any Disney Resort I'm pretty sure. It's pure yumminess in a cup, I think its really a basic Piña with Raspberry purée, so delicious!!! In Sept I ordered one at POR & I was shocked they made them, I originally thought just POLY had them. I was never so happy to be wrong!!!!!

Pour 1.5 ounces Bacardi Razz Rum in a 12 ounce Hurricane Glass and fill the glass with Piña Colada mix and ice. Mix everything in an ice cream/slushy machine until you have a creamy texture. Pour the drink back into the Hurricane Glass and swirl in a dash of Sweetened Raspberry Purée (make sure the seeds have all been removed). Serve with a pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass.

Try it, y'all will love it!!!

Love Pina Colava, it's my drink by the pool usually, but this Sunken Treasure has me intrigued. It's not officially on the menu anymore at Hurricane Hanna's, but if someone who knows how to make it is there, they will still make you one. Or so I hear. :yay:

beebeeryan said:
Love Pina Colava, it's my drink by the pool usually, but this Sunken Treasure has me intrigued. It's not officially on the menu anymore at Hurricane Hanna's, but if someone who knows how to make it is there, they will still make you one. Or so I hear. :yay:

Great, nice tip! I'll definitely try!

I work for the largest hospital in Boston and they have told all non-essential, non-patient care employees to stay home. That NEVER happens! That alone tells you what they are expecting with this storm.

Our home is right on the water so wish us luck! They are saying 60+ mph winds!!

Jay

I'm a RN at a hospital outside of Boston. I work the night shift. I requested Friday night off b/c DD's birthday is this wkend. Boy, did I luck out because I would have normally been on this Friday! They are making arrangements for people to sleep there and are offering rides from security to make sure everyone gets there. No one is allowed to get canceled no matter what the census is because we are in a state of emergency. I'm so glad that I have 4 days off! I won't be back at work until Tuesday night. :cool1:

Pixarmom - great pics and fabulous view!!!

TeenaS said:
Thanks Dee for posting the pics.

I'm Sunday and Monday this week. Off to the doctor in a few minutes. My head cold has turned into a sinus infection. My eyes and teeth hurt bad. Time for some antibiotics I'm afraid.

Hope you feel better soon.

jakeybake said:
I work for the largest hospital in Boston and they have told all non-essential, non-patient care employees to stay home. That NEVER happens! That alone tells you what they are expecting with this storm.

Our home is right on the water so wish us luck! They are saying 60+ mph winds!!

Jay

Stay safe.

I'm a RN at a hospital outside of Boston. I work the night shift. I requested Friday night off b/c DD's birthday is this wkend. Boy, did I luck out because I would have normally been on this Friday! They are making arrangements for people to sleep there and are offering rides from security to make sure everyone gets there. No one is allowed to get canceled no matter what the census is because we are in a state of emergency. I'm so glad that I have 4 days off! I won't be back at work until Tuesday night. :cool1:

Oh good for you thats a very long commute from RI. I work at a hospital in a Boston suburb, and live about 50 minutes south, my weekend off although I am working for a colleague on Sunday so hope we can get out by then

Last time I knew there was a switchover happening to the grapefruit stuff. For those who have been there recently, have you seen the blue stuff or is it all grapefruit now?

If you stayed in January, please post which resort, CL or standard room and which product was provided.

Thanks!

If anyone has a picture of the new stuff, I would appreciate it.

Hello! For those who have stayed at BC recently, I'm wondering what the toiletries are.... Last time we were at BC they were the blue H2O bottles. This past December at CBR, we had mickey ear bottles of an orange scented variety. What's current at BC? Thanks!

I asked the very same thing, a little earlier today. Still waiting to hear from any recent guests to the resort.

Staying at the yacht club for the first time in april!!!!! Really hoping to get the king bedroom with daybed....are there very many of those rooms?? Also any suggestions for room requests? We are booked for garden view and will be traveling with our 2 year old daughter.

Thanks!
-Chrissy

happymomof1 said:
Hello! For those who have stayed at BC recently, I'm wondering what the toiletries are.... Last time we were at BC they were the blue H2O bottles. This past December at CBR, we had mickey ear bottles of an orange scented variety. What's current at BC? Thanks!

Grapefruit no blue. This was yc cl a few weeks ago

Last time I knew there was a switchover happening to the grapefruit stuff. For those who have been there recently, have you seen the blue stuff or is it all grapefruit now?

If you stayed in January, please post which resort, CL or standard room and which product was provided.

Thanks!

If anyone has a picture of the new stuff, I would appreciate it.

I stayed YC CL and it was the grapefruit stuff...i miss the blue!!!!!!!
I don't have a picture because i was so sad. I went down to the store in the lobby and they told me they don't sell the blue anymore and that they knew it was going high priced on ebay :)

Can't believe how many fellow New Jerseyans (Jersyites?) are on here! Looks like we all need to escape!

Wow! That's what they have at the values. I hope they have the nicer amenities in the deluxes.

Last Aug we stayed at AKL CL. We had the grapefruit shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soaps & lotion. Plus toothbrush, and I think mouthwash?

On Sunday we returned form POFQ and had the orange scented separate shampoos & conditioners with cute mouse ears on the cap. And soaps.
I wish the had the mouse ears on the grapefruit stuff too!

Thanks... I love trying the new soaps. DH is partial to the Sea Marine (on DCL). :flower3:

Thanks for the info on the toiletries. The orange/mickey topped ones at CBR were really nice. I'm hoping the grapefruit is as well. Too bad they don't have mickey ears as well :( those bottles are really cute. Also, is there a lotion at BC? (That's one thing they CBR did not have in the rooms.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter