2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:crazy2: Well Dee, being born in NY, I have to say the Manhattaan Chowder is the best :rotfl: :flower3:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mademluc

mademluc Mouseketeer

It's a small world after all for sure. A couple of B'villes, some Ridge folk, Pluckemin, next we'll be hearing from Far Hills, Bedminster, Peapack and Gladstone!!! Seriously though, it's a big country, and it cracks me up that there is this Somerset Hills representation here, this is not a heavily populated area in Jersey terms. Good for us!!! :yay:

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Right, it's Better then the icky white stuff, let the chowder wars begin :rotfl2:

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Maybe see ya in SAB in Aug with a Sunken Treasure of course :goodvibes

7. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

Hi BC experts. I was adding some stuff to "My Disney Experience" and it lists all the activities for the Beach Club when we're there (April 14-21). The app has hours for restaurants, shops & recreation, but in the recreation section it only lists the quiet pool and not SAB. Has anyone heard of any refurbs there in April? Or is it a Disney oversight? I'm having a minor freak out that SAB won't be open when we're there. Thanks for any words of comfort :)

8. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Yachtmans Steakhouse is one of our favorites, but we are trying Le Cellier this trip in May!

9. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

My Disney Experience is VERY temperamental, I have had LOTS of problems. I wouldn't panic until I heard it from a CM verbally. I rarely go on the website anymore because it caused me palpitations every time my reservations were wrong or missing or misplaced or my traveling guests were incorrect or whatever.

10. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

Thanks for the advice. If I call the resort will they know about refurbs in April by now?

11. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

Don't they serve Chowdah at the Beach Club Market place? Is it the red or the white kind? And why do I feel like singing "Ebony and Ivory"???
    And is the Red Chowder the culinary equivalent of Bette Midler and the white Chowder more like say, umm... Betty White!? :idea:

Come with me, off of the ledge and back into the building.

More than likely, and by that I mean Moooooooore than likely, Storm Along Bay will be open. April is not traditionally time for it's refurb and the pool complex just had a big close down last year to fix some major issues.

I do have some Bad News :scared: From "Mouse planet" "Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay kiddie pool slide closed February 1-12 for refurbishment."
    What that means is that you can't slide your Keister down the kiddie slide but you can use all the other parts of the pool including the big slide or as we like to call it "Chiropractor's Calamity".

Now close your eyes and envision yourself floating along in a Sunkin Treasure and lobster/Scallop/Shrimp roll induced haze of nirvana... that's it, go toward the light, yes, yes the light!

:grouphug:
    ~NM

12. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn! I know you from twitter (I'm @anorth21). Welcome to the BC/YC thread! It's really a nice group here.
    I also love Poly but I also love BC. Sad that we're staying off-site for the Princess but it's worth it to be able to run.
    I hope I get to meet during the Princess Weekend!

Amanda

13. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

You had me at Louisiana! Where in La.?

14. mericletwins

mericletwins DIS Veteran

I am from NJ and also have twins, but I am definitely from SOUTH Jersey. I did go to college in Trenton, which to me, might as well have been North Jersey. 😊

As far as dining places, I love the breakfast buffet at Captain's Grill, dinner at the Yachtsman ( although our last trip, it didn't impress me as much as previous trips) and ice cream at Beaches and Cream. The dinner buffet at Cape May Cafe is pretty good as well.

15. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Hey girl! Yeah I might actually be able to meet ya in person!!! Are u dressing up as a princess or a costume of sorts??? Great to see u here !!!!!!How the heck are you lately????

16. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

I'll wear a Sparkle Skirt but not going crazy. You?
    We're hanging in there. Although I didn't post about it here, you know that we unexpectedly lost my mom over Christmas and we're all still trying to accept our new reality. Booking Disney trips seems to help!
    We're also considering buying resale DVC at BCV!

Amanda

17. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Amanda so sorry to hear about your mom.
    We lost my niece in January.

Keeping you in our prayers.

18. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

Thanks Robyn. You've been through a lot lately, too. And Dee lost her mom not long before I did. :sad1:
    I think I need a trip to BC to give Teena a big hug! :thumbsup2 That always makes me feel better.

Amanda

19. KimKamMom

KimKamMom This Mom's Goofy!

We just booked Aug 24 to 31.
    BC CL

20. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

You're welcome Sue M! We really like Captains Grille for breakfast, but we've never had lunch or dinner there. We had a lunch at Beaches & Cream, just reg old hot dogs & hamburgers, but we used lots of snack credits on ice cream!

Since you're not doing DDP are you considering some of restaurants at Swan/Dolphin? I hear good things about their restaurants, but never been there.

21. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Personally, (and in my house), we are white chowder eaters. Stems from summers at the Cape I think! But most places here in Saratoga Springs serve both these days. I'm actually from Long Island (as are 3/4 of the "locals" here now). :0)

What I find MOST interesting is that so many of us from the Northeast flock to BC/YC which is based off old time quaint New England shore. You'd almost think that we'd all go for the exact opposite from where we live, yet we stay "pseudo-coastal"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.