2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yacht Club - CL

I have a couple of questions : )

Is there more than one elevator to access this floor. One closer to BC/SAB? I'm looking for a quieter room, so assuming away from the Lounge a bit makes sense, which pushes me towards the row of rooms that extend towards the BC. Is this true? Being slightly closer to EP and SAB access is also a plus...unless we have to trek back to the elevator by the CL Lobby each time.

Any room favorites? Trying to balance convenience with a minimum of chatty guests in the hallways.

Are there any corner rooms...do you know what they contain and where they are located?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is only one set of elevators at the YC, and they are located right by the Concierge desks and the lounge. We've always requested a room away from the lounge and have been lucky enough to get it each time. Unless you are at the very end of a hall, you will hear people in the hall, and even at the end of the hall there's no guarantee that you won't have hallway noise.

Blah - first day back to work! DH and I are talking about a BCV stay in August to bring my sister and nephews when they visit from Ireland...we brought them last year and we stayed Kidani but I think they would love SAB so I might have a ticker to start again :cool1:

Wanted to throw my big old Thank You in also ALMinVA.....Followed your whole trip from the dramatic beginning to the wonderful end. A lot of us 'old timers' benefitted from your postings.

Unfortunately, there is only one set of elevators at the YC, and they are located right by the Concierge desks and the lounge. We've always requested a room away from the lounge and have been lucky enough to get it each time. Unless you are at the very end of a hall, you will hear people in the hall, and even at the end of the hall there's no guarantee that you won't have hallway noise.

Thanks! I expect some noise...I just returned from a wonderful Kidani stay, however, it was right next to the elevator and some families are better than others walking quietly through the halls after 10pm.

We are headed down to WDW again this Dec (7-14), looking to try CL for the first time, either a split stay with WL (one of my faves) or all YC (first time in an EP resort). I figure, either way, we can't lose! I'm a bit nervous about how busy it will be this week as it was the one week less $$$ week NOT included for Dec. in our recent bounceback offer. I have read that the early Dec weeks are becoming more and more popular due to the discount and decorations (why we have liked it so much for years).

Angeejoe said:
Thank you 333disneymom! That helps see all the later years. Do you have DVC at BCV? Do you like it if you do?

:wizard: angeejoe

We own at Animal Kingdom Villas, but always try to stay at least a few days at BCV, our favorite. In fact, we haven't stayed at our home resort yet. Our first trip will be there this summer, followed by a few days at BCV. If you are really interested, there is a whole section about purchasing on the DVC forums, which will provide you with some great information. :)

We stayed at the poly last 3 years ago. It took us this long to convince Hubby to go back.
Sorry it took me this long to reply, had to go to work. It took me 4 years to convince my hubby to go back too. We were to go last jan as a family trip, but had to cancel due an unexpected expense. I guess you can say it's all worth the wait we are staying at the YC now...:cool1: We were only going to stay at pop because we need two rooms now when we go as a family.

ALMinVA thanks for posting the review of your trip, even with a bumpy start your family had a great trip!!! I think the view from your room is great also. It sounds like your children had a blast... Thanks for letting me bump your post I really appreciate you taking the time to post reviews ....:)

We *almost* became BCV DVC members. I called about a resale contract yesterday but it had already sold. :( Now that I have permission to buy a resale BCV contract though, I'll be more aggressive...

Amanda
See wht happens when you buy annual passes:rotfl:
So exciting :cool1:

Yes it is. It's like a big holiday here in the states!!! Lol even if your team isn't in the game there is a party... I couldn't stay up either if I had such a time difference!!! ::yes::I personally don't watch it I sit in the family room with everyone watching the game surfing the dis boards...lol :rotfl2:

I lasted as far as Alicia Keyes singing then I was snoring:rotfl2: The children from Sandy Hook sang beautifully :)
Love that you use it as an excuse to surf the disboards:thumbsup2

Absolutely you may use the pictures - no cropping necessary. When I open the t-shirts up I will post those pictures so you can see the end product - there is supposed to be a Mickey Mouse on the front. I will add others to the room summary view thread later on today.

Blah - first day back to work! DH and I are talking about a BCV stay in August to bring my sister and nephews when they visit from Ireland...we brought them last year and we stayed Kidani but I think they would love SAB so I might have a ticker to start again :cool1:

Thanks for all your reports. I was sitting with baited breathe hoping you'd get there and then was so thrilled that all ended well for you. Looking forward to seeing how the shirts turn out:)
Where in Ireland is your sister from? Nothing quite beats the florida sunshine when you are from this side of the atlantic::yes::

Thanks ALMinVA for the review and fabulous photos, that was a great view. Glad your trip went well after the bumpy start. It was fun getting a few live reports too!

I am so excited, just booked my airfare this morning, I'd never booked a trip so early I couldn't book the air. SW finally released air for late August this morning and I got the perfect direct flights I wanted and my SW RR points covered them making this trip much more affordable than the last two, free air!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your reports. I was sitting with baited breathe hoping you'd get there and then was so thrilled that all ended well for you. Looking forward to seeing how the shirts turn out:)
Where in Ireland is your sister from? Nothing quite beats the florida sunshine when you are from this side of the atlantic::yes::
[/QUOTE]

My sister lives in Johnstown in Wexford County - she moved over ten years ago after living in NYC and meeting my brother in law who was from Johnstown and marrying him. They live on a farm and each summer come to the States to visit my family. Last summer we surprised them with the Disney trip, and my youngest nephew turned 7 in Disney World - when my sister told them they were going to get to go to Disney - the youngest actually cried he was so excited. They are having a tough time financially so footing the Disney bill for all of us is hard but so worth the smiles on their faces. They do not get to stay at hotels ever so just being at Kidani was such a treat for them as well. I think BC/YC will be a hit too! My sister loves the light up drinks but I think the green sunken treasure will be a new favorite!

Do you know Johnstown at all?

Thanks! I expect some noise...I just returned from a wonderful Kidani stay, however, it was right next to the elevator and some families are better than others walking quietly through the halls after 10pm.

We are headed down to WDW again this Dec (7-14), looking to try CL for the first time, either a split stay with WL (one of my faves) or all YC (first time in an EP resort). I figure, either way, we can't lose! I'm a bit nervous about how busy it will be this week as it was the one week less $$$ week NOT included for Dec. in our recent bounceback offer. I have read that the early Dec weeks are becoming more and more popular due to the discount and decorations (why we have liked it so much for years).

I love the Wilderness Lodge CL. We stayed there for the first time last year and it became our new favorite. The entire staff is really warm and welcoming. We stayed at the BWI CL 3 times prior and although it was great, I felt like I was treated much better at WL. This year we're doing a split stay between WL and YC CL in June. This will be our first stay at the YC and we're really looking forward to it. I like the fact that we'll be close to Epcot and HS and we can't wait to check out SAB.

My sister lives in Johnstown in Wexford County - she moved over ten years ago after living in NYC and meeting my brother in law who was from Johnstown and marrying him. They live on a farm and each summer come to the States to visit my family. Last summer we surprised them with the Disney trip, and my youngest nephew turned 7 in Disney World - when my sister told them they were going to get to go to Disney - the youngest actually cried he was so excited. They are having a tough time financially so footing the Disney bill for all of us is hard but so worth the smiles on their faces. They do not get to stay at hotels ever so just being at Kidani was such a treat for them as well. I think BC/YC will be a hit too! My sister loves the light up drinks but I think the green sunken treasure will be a new favorite!

Do you know Johnstown at all?

I'm from the north but we travelled all over the south on our summer holidays as kids so I've been to Wexford but never heard of Johnstown :)
The economy is tough here both north and south so it's really lovely that you treat your sister and her family. I bet they'll be so thrilled :)

Hey girl, that's a shame!!! How have you been? Is this your girls trip ????

Hi... no. The girls-only trip was back in November. It was amazing to see the girls again. Next fall we are headed to the GF! I have never stayed there. I want to plan it during the next Divas/MP meet & greet weekend, so I can see all my Disney Ladies at the same time. Fingers crossed!

This vacation is a good ol' family vacation with the DH and kids. Won't be long!:cool1::cool1:

The excitement is mounting! 24 days until BC GV with my family! (my "retirement" celebration after MANY years as a nurse) ALMinVA, I "haunted" this board waiting for you to post a picture of the Lobster/Shrimp roll from HH....That pic was the highlight of my day when you posted it!!!! I thank you for contributing to my obsession! Has anyone felt that they would just "POP" from the anticipation???...:hyper::hyper::hyper:

The excitement is mounting! 24 days until BC GV with my family! (my "retirement" celebration after MANY years as a nurse) ALMinVA, I "haunted" this board waiting for you to post a picture of the Lobster/Shrimp roll from HH....That pic was the highlight of my day when you posted it!!!! I thank you for contributing to my obsession! Has anyone felt that they would just "POP" from the anticipation???...:hyper::hyper::hyper:

You are normal :hyper::hyper::hyper:!! :thumbsup2 My next trip is in about 17 days... sadly I am not staying at the YC/BC :confused3, but I will be at Disney!! I'll be visiting YC/BC while I'm there at least. I can't wait for the next 17 days to fly by. I'll be on the 6am flight out of NYC on my way to MCO and my happy place :earsboy:!!

It's freezing in NYC today and a few quick passing snow storms are headed this way, the first tonight then again tomorrow night and Wednesday capping it all off with apparently (i hope it's all a story) a bigger storm on Friday :furious:

Anyway keep on getting more excited the 24 days will pass quickly :hourglass and then you will be there hoping the days pass slowly!!

Enjoy the waiting game!!

~Nannette (bored and stuck at work)

Hi! I've been looking at the info pages but can't find anything about cabanas. Are there cabana rentals at Y&B Club? My sis and I are running the half marathon in 2014 and like the EPCOT area resorts. As a treat after the race I'm thinking of renting a cabana for a half day. Any info? Thanks!

DannysMom said:
Never heard of getting a stroller from CL. And I stayed CL when my twins were not quite 2. If there were free strollers to be had, I would have taken one. :)

But there is a good deal to be had currently on rental strollers. Apple Scooter has recently gotten into the business of stroller rentals. To get their name, and strollers out there in the World, they are offering free stroller rentals for the cost of the daily insurance, so just $5/day plus tax, for a limited time. It is an awesome deal if you need a double stroller.

ETA Apple Scooters website: http://applescooter.com/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

WOW! That is an awesome deal. I will definitely look into that. Thank you for the information.

Hi! I've been looking at the info pages but can't find anything about cabanas. Are there cabana rentals at Y&B Club? My sis and I are running the half marathon in 2014 and like the EPCOT area resorts. As a treat after the race I'm thinking of renting a cabana for a half day. Any info? Thanks!

Yes, we have no cabanas.

Sorry, had to do it.

Unfortunately, I have never heard of any cabana rentals at Stormalong Bay or any of the other pools at Yacht & Beach.

On a more helpful note- who knows which resorts DO have cabana rentals? The only one I know of is Poly. Do any of the EPCOT resorts offer them? Boardwalk? Swan? Dolphin?

Yes, we have no cabanas.

Sorry, had to do it.

Unfortunately, I have never heard of any cabana rentals at Stormalong Bay or any of the other pools at Yacht & Beach.

On a more helpful note- who knows which resorts DO have cabana rentals? The only one I know of is Poly. Do any of the EPCOT resorts offer them? Boardwalk? Swan? Dolphin?
Sad. As far as I know the Poly, Contemporary and Grand Floridian all have cabanas. I wish the EPCOT resorts did. Thanks for answering my question though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter