2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. A friend asked me today for tips on researching her trip to Disney next month, and of course I sent her to the Dis. And that made me want to pop over and see how everyone is doing. Which in turn makes me miss Disney and especially the YC!! :(

I think of you all often, though I wish I had more time to come by and say hi. Maybe after hockey season. :) Meanwhile, I do still have my 1500 pictures to tide me over. ;)

Yacht Club, Christmas 2012: BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!! :love:

Happy day, my friends!!

shrimpandlobster_zps0231edc5.jpg

W. O. W. :yay::yay::yay:

I messaged the ingredients to DH (who is at work until tomorrow) for the 'Sunken Treasure". I told him not to come home empty-handed! :stir:

If it wasn't for this amazing thread, I wouldn't have known what I am going to eat and drink by the pool in May!! OMG that Lobster roll looks sooooo good!!:cool1:

I think I remember ordering a Sunken Treasure on the Wonder, think it was on their cocktail menu...

Wow, lots of MA people here! I am also in MA, northeastern part, 30 min north of Boston! Only 72 more days until I am sipping one of those delicious drinks! I am so excited for this trip, this will be one of the first trips in the last 6 years I won't be either pregnant or nursing! Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were sitting in the kiddie pool area I had on all black hubby sleeping on the lounge chairs. Do you have two adorable daughters?? I was missing my little girl today!! (17)

No - but those 2 little ones were cute! My daughter is 11 and was helping the CM's, DH and I were over in the sand closer to HH with my DS5 who was swimming and didn't want to play the games.

so you know, they are on three buns pushed together - so thats not actually one long bun, they are 3 already separated.
The citrus mayo that is on the top - you can ask them to leave it off. The pic I posted had more scallops and shrimp, but the day before it had more lobster than scallops, I think it just depends on the day. We ordered them with fries but the choice is fries or appleslaw. I don't know what appleslaw would taste like and truthfully I didn't really care because for me? It was all about the sandwich :thumbsup2

On todays menu? DH and DD are snorkeling the Nemo tank, and then after that - DH is scuba diving the Nemo tank - an Epcot day for us. May take DS to SAB while the other two are busy if he gets bored of watching them in the tanks.

Ate dinner at Captains Grill last night, enjoyed the NY strip steak better than Yachtsmans! DD had the crab legs and those were cooked perfectly. DS - he fell asleep on the table. literally.
This morning breakfast is at Captains Grill. Love my lounge oatmeal but looking forward to the Grill's breakfast!.

OK, who else was dreaming about lobsters and Sunken Treasures last night???

Hi Dee! We tweaked our trip (more than once) Now we are Aug 23-30..still YC SV CL :)

A big :grouphug: to all my friends from the GF and RC threads visiting the Epcot side of the world too :yay:

Got it! Made the adjustment.

:thumbsup2

Please add me to the be our guest list. We will be saying BC standard Aug 21-Aug 27
Can't wait
Thanks

:welcome: Back? right?

I will be happy to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Please add me to the BOG list. We will be staying SV CL June 7-14. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary (my husband asked me if I wanted to go to Hawaii or WDW, and I picked WDW). I had my lime green mickey on my bag the last few trips, but noone recognized it. It would be great to meet fellow DISers! I hope to meet Teena as well!::yes::

:welcome: and Happy Anniversary!!!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

It is sad that the LGMH seem to be headed towards extinction! Spotting one is like seeing Bigfoot.

It's so good to be reading this thread again, haven't been on for ages because flights were so expensive we thought we might have to lose our YC deposit and cancel our Disney trip. But I'm happy to say flights are booked :D Slight change to dates 20th-29th August YC GV. So excited and DBF has never been to the US before let alone Disney :)

Phew! I'm glad you were able to change things around and save your vacation!

I'll adjust your dates on the list.

:)

I am sooo excited!!!! Our good friends have decided "last minute" that they are going down to Disney with us!!! They booked yesterday at POR, but then today switched to YC!!!!! We are excited that they will be there for 7 out of 10 nights that we are there. Our kids are all good friends, as are the adults, so this is just going to be a super party!!!! :banana:

They are NOT Disney people, and are trying to see if we can convert them...I think us and the YC are gonna do it! ::yes::

That is cool news!

Hi everyone!

My family and I are planning to stay at BC October/November 2013
So excited! It has been a dream of mine to stay at this beautiful resort!

It will be Myself, Dh, DD 8, DS 4

We have been to WDW many times, most recently at the Poly and Disney Dream this past July.

Unfortunately when I booked our room for the last week of October, they only had lagoon view left! It raised my price a lot!

Do you think garden view will become available?

Where is the best area to stay with little kids?

Any other advice? Im hoping I get a discount code to help me afford this!!:love:
Cant wait to see SAB in person!!

Annabug

:welcome:

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Yes, you should keep checking to see if other rooms become available.

Not sure what is most important to your family, but requesting a room close to the lobby (which would also put you close to Stormalong Bay and the bus stops) might be a nice location.

Fingers crossed for a discount for you (and me, too!!!)

Add us to the list -- we'll be at the YC for 3 nights 8/27 - 8/30 -- while also having a simultaneous FD reservation at POR from 8/18 - 8/31! My girls have been dying to stay at the BC/YC since our first meal at Beaches & Cream almost a decade ago. So glad that we'll finally get the chance to do so before our oldest is off to college in 2014!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

That sounds like an interesting itinerary!

:yay:

Looks great! I'll have one with no mayo please :thumbsup2

:wave:

I know I still owe you something! I'll try to make it to the post office today or Monday.

Hi all. A friend asked me today for tips on researching her trip to Disney next month, and of course I sent her to the Dis. And that made me want to pop over and see how everyone is doing. Which in turn makes me miss Disney and especially the YC!! :(

I think of you all often, though I wish I had more time to come by and say hi. Maybe after hockey season. :) Meanwhile, I do still have my 1500 pictures to tide me over. ;)

Yacht Club, Christmas 2012: BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!! :love:

Happy day, my friends!!

:wave2:

So glad you popped in to say hello. Hope we will be seeing more of you soon. Flat Ben says he misses you and your fun family!!!

so you know, they are on three buns pushed together - so thats not actually one long bun, they are 3 already separated.
The citrus mayo that is on the top - you can ask them to leave it off. The pic I posted had more scallops and shrimp, but the day before it had more lobster than scallops, I think it just depends on the day. We ordered them with fries but the choice is fries or appleslaw. I don't know what appleslaw would taste like and truthfully I didn't really care because for me? It was all about the sandwich :thumbsup2

On todays menu? DH and DD are snorkeling the Nemo tank, and then after that - DH is scuba diving the Nemo tank - an Epcot day for us. May take DS to SAB while the other two are busy if he gets bored of watching them in the tanks.

Ate dinner at Captains Grill last night, enjoyed the NY strip steak better than Yachtsmans! DD had the crab legs and those were cooked perfectly. DS - he fell asleep on the table. literally.
This morning breakfast is at Captains Grill. Love my lounge oatmeal but looking forward to the Grill's breakfast!.

Thanks so much for the great reports and previews!!!

Sounds like a super day today!!!

If anyone at BC/YC now or before Feb 27th goes to the BC Marketplace, I would be very grateful if you wouldn't mind asking if the breakfast oatmeal and quinoa vegetable wrap have dairy in them. :lovestruc I'd like to plan on the quinoa wrap as our easy vegetarian lunch on arrival day and oatmeal for our breakfast a few times, but DD is allergic to dairy and I prefer not to eat it either. :)

Hoping someone who is at the YC/BC now or in the next week or two can ask about this at the BC Marketplace.

Thanks!!!

I think I remember ordering a Sunken Treasure on the Wonder, think it was on their cocktail menu...

Ohhh ... I am so excited. In two weeks I will be boarding the Wonder for our 1st cruise:cool1: I can not wait to order a Sunken Treasure

I love that it is separated into 3 pieces:thumbsup2
Captain's Grill breakfast is our absolute favorite :lovestruc
Sounds like you are having an awesome time

Hey, pas130. Good to see you and Beth Clayton on this thread.
:grouphug: Hope all is well with your family.
:hug: I know, lots of friendly faces :goodvibes Can't wait for pixarmom's TR :thumbsup2

Lobster and shrimp roll part two... More shrimp than lobster... Citrus mayo. Just as good as yesterday. Sunken treasure = omg. Green goodness!!!!
I have pictures. Have to photo bucket and then post.
Thank you for the pics and live report!!!

If it wasn't for this amazing thread, I wouldn't have known what I am going to eat and drink by the pool in May!! OMG that Lobster roll looks sooooo good!!:cool1:
Yes, it definitely does!!!!:beach:

Got it! Made the adjustment.

:thumbsup2

Thanks!!! And I'll happily drive up to New England for Deb's lobster as well ::yes::

Umm is it time to start the new thread for this month?? Just wanted to add I am loving all the enthusiasm and helpful info on this resort thread thank ou to everyone who is helping to keep it updated especially for those who have provided (with their permission) photos of rooms and food offerings which help us all so much.

We officially booked our trip. We will be there Sept 12-22 Beach Club level. We are so looking forward to it. I was talking with DH last night and told him I wanted to book soon. As soon as I said it I got an email with a pin, he turned on the TV and it was a Disney commercial, then he changed the channel and it was another Disney commercial. He told me its a sign call and book right now! Now let all the planning begin. We are moving 3 months before our trip so I hope I can keep everything straight.

OMgoodness!!! That Lobster Roll looks delish (thanks for the report!) and I am going to ask for a Sunken Treasure until I find someone to make one for me even if it isn't on the menu. Must try it!

Loving all these little tidbits I get just mostly lurking! :thumbsup2

God Bless all who keep this thread up to date.

Once again, thank you so much for your uplifting (and delicious) live reports!!!

If you happen to be in the lounge during the afternoon offerings, could you snap a picture or make a note of the current beer selections?

The wine, too, if you can, although we do have pictures of the YC wine selections in the Flickr account provided by Steph H

Not necessary to post them now- it can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter