2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

I think I can help a bit with this because I'm slightly crazy and I've been doing extensive research on the Deluxe rooms!

I suggest you go to Bing Maps and search for "Disney's Beach Club Resort." Click on Bird's Eye view and zoom in as far as you can go on the BC side.

Okay, see the quiet pool on the right side? See the hot tub to the left of it? That corner of the building there right behind the trees are where rooms 1557/2557/3557/4557 are. If you go to the Disney website and do a search for rooms, they use 1557 as the Deluxe room example, so you can see exactly what the view from the patio will be.

Rooms 2557 and 4557 have large balconies, but 4557 is is missing a window along the wall that faces out towards the water. Room 3557 has two standing balconies, one facing the pool and one facing Crescent Lake.

Okay so the other two rooms are near the courtyard at the main entrance. If you go to post #1198 in this thread (it's on page 80 for me) pixarmom posted a photo from a room she stayed in. Well straight across from that room (look at the photo marked "night view") are rooms 3691 and 4691 above Cape May Cafe. 3691 has the full balcony, 4691 has the standing balcony, and each one also has a standing balcony facing Crescent Lake. These rooms will be closer to the center of the resort, Stormalong Bay, and I believe the Club Lounge as well. (I've never been to the resort so I'm unclear on exactly where the lounge is.) However the other set of rooms will be closer to Epcot and obviously the quiet pool.

Hope this helps a bit! I've been going over the rooms like crazy trying to decide where I would prefer to be so I can request something, but I can't make up my mind. Both locations are great!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. Is there entertainment on the Boardwalk every night or just certain nights? One of the draws for BC for us was I keep hearing how great the Boardwalk is at night. Then I was reading something about the entertainment on another website and it said that it only goes on Thursday through Saturday? Is that true?

If so I'm going to be bummed as we are at POR for Sat. and Sun. Which would only leave our very last night of our trip to experience it. Someone tell me it isn't so!

4. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

She got different colours all over her teeth. Some bright green!!! :) Unfortunately she is in brutal pain tonight. :(

Happy birthday to your dad!

Indeed you can link in my TR! So excited that you asked me! :)

My DH also spent loads of relaxation time at SAB when we were there - DD and I were hardcore in the parks, and DH and DS were less into it, so they stayed much longer at SAB. We all spent one whole afternoon there together as well. The servers were lovely and when they came around we got amazing service from them. However, maybe this says more about the speed of our drinking than the speed of the servers but we ended up going up to HH more than we got served. LOL

How awesome that we kept the drink alive (I'm willing to say that we did it by keeping requesting it. Forget accuracy. LOL) and now there isn't a question that we can order it!!

5. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

I don't know about the Boardwalk entertainment schedule. I'm sure if you ask our cousins on the Boardwalk thread they will know...

BUT!

Don't be sad, You get Yee Ha Bob on Saturday! :thumbsup2

* Yee Ha Bob's schedule: Wednesday to Saturdays 8(30??)-midnight @ the River Roost Lounge. Get there at 8 to get a table.

(you know who I'm talking about... right??)

~NM

6. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yup. From the Boardwalk Thread.

BOARDWALK BUSKERS are an assortment of live entertainers who perform from 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Thursday-Saturdays outdoors on the BoardWalk. Observe sword swallowers, jugglers, magicians and strolling musicians.

8. tnkrbell

tnkrbell DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review!! Maybe Ill try it today as well. :) :)

9. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

@ Ninjamom-

Can you direct me to the review you wrote about CL. With your permission, I would like to link it to the Club Level Info post on page 1. What page?

Thanks!

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Good to see you again! Sorry to hear about your troubles from that awful storm. I hope you are starting to get things together.

I have "penciled" you in for your 2014 trip, so hopefully that will make it so! Yes, we are already listing vactions for next year.

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

I'll add you to the guest list.

:woohoo:

Others have posted that it is a 5-10 minute walk to the Swalphin, depending on where you are starting from and how fast you walk.

:welcome: back!

I ran out bananas last night, so you get a :jumping1:

Can't remember if I have welcomed you here yet, so just in case:

Let us know when your plans are finalized

:yay:

11. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

You are right, that is what we have too. We are not using our room key for admission, just our paper APs. The one morning we did extra morning hours at AK they only had the RMID turnstiles out and had people touching their room keys, since we had paper tickets we were instructed to walk past them and a CM swiped our paper tickets with a hand held device.

12. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

We'll definitely be at HH today so a Sunken Treasure will be ordered!
    I just want to say that this thread has made my trip one of the best we have ever had.

Pics to follow!

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

14. infopurposesonly

infopurposesonly Mouseketeer

Thanks, Wood Nymph!

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I believe I have the Be Our Guest list up-to-date. Please take a moment to look it over when you have a chance to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thanks!

16. infopurposesonly

Thanks for the awesome tip!

Sorry, haven't figured out multi-quote yet. I thought I had, but when
    trying to quote a second post I can't see posts other than the ones on the most recent page. I'll figure it out eventually.

17. infopurposesonly

I had actually thought of reserving a day at Discovery Cove, but the only available day before joining my extended family would be our last day at YC. I don't want to miss out on any resort time. I think the three of us, including hubby, will be much more relaxed and happy if we spend the day at Stormalong Bay. Discovery cove will have to wait until our next trip.

18. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Oops sorry I probably confused you. We are Pop 2/25 then YC CL 2/26-3/5 :)

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Here's a couple of pictures pixarmom sent to me. She will be over at BW until the weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has been able to visit SAB because the Luna Pool slide (and pool?) at BWI are under refurb for several days.

:goodvibes

She says that the blocked off area in the picture above is a hot tub under construction or refurb. She also said that the kiddie pool and slide were closed yesterday. I had posted earlier that the kiddie slide (not the sand area, the one beneath the Jib Slide) would be closed Feb 1-12, so I don't know if they have started work early or if it was a temporary closure yesterday.

20. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

So sad to say goodbye.... (Tear)

21. EagleScout

EagleScout Mouseketeer

While risking accusations of inaccurate information (okay, I'll stop now), the Boardwalk sometimes has at least historically had some entertainment -sometimes- on additional days and/or extended times beyond the "official" schedule, particularly if nice weather, extra crowds, and/or busy times. As others suggested, a quick post to Boardwalk thread to ask if that still happens may be helpful, but because it is a surprise "extra", try not to get hopes up, but even without that, there is still music, food, dancing, or a quick stroll to Fantasia mini-golf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.