1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

**2011 Confirmed Snacks/Add yours here**

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by jjohnson, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

Since you can't get milk in your refillable mug why not just pack some cereal in your suitcase and use a SC for the milk? Cereal doesn't take up that much room in your suitcase (take it out of the box). You can bring full size cereals or those small individual ones that kids love so much. :lovestruc Cereal is also a great take along snack. My DD11 still loves to take dry cereal to munch on.

And thanks jjohnson for the list-great as always and I hope to use it in Sept/Oct.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Maddiesmommi

Maddiesmommi Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I've already printed it off for our trip in July. This will be so helpful, this is our first trip using the dining plan. princess:

4. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

I never saw the ability to get milk in ur refillable mug...where is that????:confused3 I could have used that. I bring snacks and cereal even when using the dining plan!

5. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

You can't get milk in your refillable mug. The poster suggested bringing cereal and using a snack credit for a small carton of milk.

6. csmommy

csmommy <font color=purple>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

Regarding the milk in refillable mug, I have a question. We have never gotten refillable mugs before & this coming tri, because of the DDxP, we will have mugs. Why isn't there milk for refillable mugs? What do people put in their coffee/tea/hot chocolate(the ONLY way I can get DD to drink milk!)? I hate those little creamer things!

7. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

I would imagine they don't have milk for the refillable mugs because it isn't cost effective.
    They have cream (or maybe it's half and half) that is in a dispenser for your coffee/tea.

8. cpster

cpster Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say thanks for this great thread! Definately bookmarking it!

9. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

First of all - THANK YOU for this thread. It is really a big help.

1. If I get a bagel using snack credit - do I just pay OOP for cream cheese?

2. Also if I want to print the list - is there a better way to print it out and take it with me :-))???

10. BelleBeautyandtheBeast

BelleBeautyandtheBeast <font color=red>Disney Dreamer<br><font color=blue

1. It is my understanding that if you buy a bagel (or use a snack credit) you can pick up a cream cheese for no charge. But.... I could be wrong.

2. I copied the list, pasted it into Open Office Writer, made the font smaller, changed the layout to 3 columns and deleted places I am 90% sure we will not be eating. I now have 5 pages, of which I will print on the front and back so I will only have 3 pages of paper to take with me.
    (Upon thinking about it I could actually transfer the file to my Blackberry and eliminate the need to take any paper.)

And I agree this thread is a huge help with snack planning :yay:

11. shoppingqueen

shoppingqueen Earning My Ears

Do you think you could send me your list please? :worship:

12. DisneySarah80

DisneySarah80 DIS Veteran

First - Thank you 1,000 times over for doing this - its the best!!!!!!

Not that I would probably get it anyway, but I can't believe that the cheese dip has gone from $.50 to $1.00! Thats a lot of $$$ for a little bit of cheese!

13. smitty0705

smitty0705 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if a snack credit can be used for a Dole Whip pineapple float?

14. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I was able to use a snack credit to get one this past Friday at the Magic Kingdom.

15. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add a few items to the list. We were able to use our snack credits at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the following (in addition to those already listed):

Assorted fresh baked muffins
    Monkey cupcake
    Chocolate Chip cookie dough cupcake
    Apple slices with chocolate dip
    Cup of grits

My mother also saw someone getting a cup of oatmeal one morning and the castmember told them they could use a snack credit for it.

I forgot to see if the following items were listed as snack credits at the CBR but I do remember them being available:

Minnie Bake Shop Cookies
    Bag Cheese Nips
    Box of Nutter Butter Cookies
    Assorted granola bars
    Divies caramel popcorn
    Box of vanilla wafers
    Goofy's gummy candies

There was a sign in the gift shop at the CBR that said any item under 8 ozs. was considered a snack credit.

16. DisneyTravelers2008

DisneyTravelers2008 Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

yes, you should be able to . You can get it at the MK or at the Polynesian Resort.

17. papamouse1

papamouse1 Still... Papa "MooMoo"

I think Disney is offering refills on drinks that usually have unlimited refills in most restaurants (coffee, tea, soda...), and just like most restaurants they don't give free refills on juice or milk (just like Denny's IHOP, etc)

I am sure it is a cost factor thing since cost to make a soda, tea or coffee is pennies, where with milk and juice they don't make it, they have to buy it pre-made at higher cost.

18. WDWCPALUM03

WDWCPALUM03 Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for this! Very Helpful, I will be printing it for my trip!

19. TXCarsFan

TXCarsFan Earning My Ears

We ate breakfast at Kona in the Polynesian Resort on our last day at WDW. Afterwards we used our remaining snack credits at Poly's gift shop. We got some really good deals on goodies that could easily be shared:

Bag of Disney's Main Street Popcorn 3.5 oz.
    Minnie's Bake Shop Crisped Rice Treats 6 oz. (Huge!)
    Goofy's Candy Co. Sour Gummy Worms 6 oz. (Labeled "Family size")
    4 oz. boxes of Disney Parks Chocolates

Our remaining snack credits went a long way! :thumbsup2

20. aelliflame

aelliflame Earning My Ears

I just went to Disney and when I asked about the Blood Orange Custard at the Norway Bakery they said they didn't remember ever having that.

21. jjohnson

jjohnson <font color = 'blue'><br>Volunteer cheerleader for

That's strange it used to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.