2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we visited the Yacht & Beach Club a few weeks back, and I decided to do a review as a side-by-side comparison of the two resorts. Feel free to check it out... I'm curious if the experts agree with my take:thumbsup2

WOW !! This is EXACTLY what someone like me needs! :worship: I'm not kidding.... I'm making my DH insane because I keep flopping between the 2 resorts. I'm leaning towards the BC, but the "maybe I won't get a full balcony" makes me nervous. So I keep looking back at the YC because of the full balcony. But, after seeing your link and looking at pics, I think I'm sticking to my first choice of the Beach Club. If we get a full balcony, great, if not, it's not a deal breaker.

Thank you for posting your link !!! :goodvibes

Wow - time to change the link in my signature again! Thanks for setting us up again, Dee! Let me know if you need anything. :)

Wow - time to change the link in my signature again! Thanks for setting us up again, Dee! Let me know if you need anything. :)

Thanks!!! I had a little time this weekend, so I started looking (again) at the pictures you took in August- I added some and I am planning to add some others to the front page.

I separated the SAB post into two sections (SAB and Jib Slide/Kiddie Pool/Quiet Pool) so that I could add more pictures. I may include your pathway to the slide entrance pictures if I have the room.

I'll touch base with you soon! My family has been crazy busy this fall!

I had to say HI!!!! I just made our Spring Break trip a Split Stay. BC and CR. Hope DH and kiddos will be happy. And if you want any pics from YC 2Br suite, I do have some from earlier this month :goodvibes

We didn't book the 2Br, but 2 rooms CL GV :yay:

For anyone on the fence about YC vs BC, if a full balcony is important to you, YC rocks! We just returned last Friday from 6 nts at YC (our favorite resort) and I can't tell you how much time we spent on that balcony! The weather was amazing and our lagoon view was awesome, we watched the Illuminations fireworks most nights, could even hear the music most of the time as well.:thumbsup2

September 2012:tiptoe:
suemom2kay Sept 2-8 BCV
tink15823 Sept 14-22 BC
pas130 Sept 2-30 BC, 2 LV CL rooms
iluvpluto27 Sept 2 - Sept 14 BC
DrewMommy Sept 29-Oct 7 BC GV

We have moved our trip up to Spring Break

March 26th-April 2th (then over to CR) 2 GV CL rooms

Thank you! And the new thread looks great!!!:love:

Thanks!!! I had a little time this weekend, so I started looking (again) at the pictures you took in August- I added some and I am planning to add some others to the front page.

I separated the SAB post into two sections (SAB and Jib Slide/Kiddie Pool/Quiet Pool) so that I could add more pictures. I may include your pathway to the slide entrance pictures if I have the room.

I'll touch base with you soon! My family has been crazy busy this fall!

Yes - crazy fall! We'll catch up soon! Love the new "100 teenagers" ticker! :)

I had to say HI!!!! I just made our Spring Break trip a Split Stay. BC and CR. Hope DH and kiddos will be happy. And if you want any pics from YC 2Br suite, I do have some from earlier this month :goodvibes

We didn't book the 2Br, but 2 rooms CL GV :yay:

Hello!! I'm a huge fan of split stays, I hope you'll all enjoy! I think part-time monorail resort and part-time Epcot area resort is a great plan. And I'll be bugging you for all sorts of GF and CR advice as we prepare for our crazy split stay in February 2013. :) More on that later . . .

Can anyone tell me the size of the daybeds here. Are they regular size or are they a junior size? Thanks all.

For anyone on the fence about YC vs BC, if a full balcony is important to you, YC rocks! We just returned last Friday from 6 nts at YC (our favorite resort) and I can't tell you how much time we spent on that balcony! The weather was amazing and our lagoon view was awesome, we watched the Illuminations fireworks most nights, could even hear the music most of the time as well.:thumbsup2

Totally agree - as on a cruise, we are balcony snobs:lmao: Sorry, can't help it, but we spend a LOT of time on a balcony - morning coffee, evening cocktails, just looking around. Also, as appealing as the beach club villas are, I don't think they overlook Crescent lake, unless I am mistaken. That's also makes YC a winner for me - a balcony overlooking the water!

By the way, Marlton Mom - thanks SO much for the bourbon balls recipe - can't wait to try them!

Hey Deej- thanks for sharing your your Beach Club/Yacht Club review/comparison/throwdown...

Inquiries about the differences between the two resorts are probably the most frequent questions we get around here. We have a brief list of basic differences appearing on the front page, but I would love to add a link to your blog for folks who are looking for a more descriptive overview.

I agree with you- Beach Club is my favorite, mainly due to the lighter decor, the slightly closer distance to EPCOT and the appearance of superstar greeter Teena in the BC lobby.

But the "dark side", I mean Yacht Club, has staunch devotees as well.

One of the biggest differences, in my mind, is that almost all of the Yacht Club's rooms have full balconies, while around 50% of the rooms at the BC have full balconies and about 50% of the rooms have smaller ones.

You certainly can't go wrong with either.

WOW !! This is EXACTLY what someone like me needs! :worship: I'm not kidding.... I'm making my DH insane because I keep flopping between the 2 resorts. I'm leaning towards the BC, but the "maybe I won't get a full balcony" makes me nervous. So I keep looking back at the YC because of the full balcony. But, after seeing your link and looking at pics, I think I'm sticking to my first choice of the Beach Club. If we get a full balcony, great, if not, it's not a deal breaker.

Thank you for posting your link !!! :goodvibes

Thanks guys, that's awesome. Always good to know when someone finds the reviews helpful:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me the size of the daybeds here. Are they regular size or are they a junior size? Thanks all.

I think the resort has both the regular size and junior size daybeds. Look on page 1 (either in the Beach Club or Yacht Club section) for pictures or information.

When you checkin to the resort the CM can tell you if the room has a daybed, but they won't know which size it is.

Thanks Dee for the new thread. Missed being on here, been so busy with work and the kids. Hard to believe that March 2011 was when we were at BCV. JUly 2012 my son has a baseball tournament in Cooperstown, NY. Figuring there will not be alot for me or my daughter to do I am thinking of visiting my Aunt in Ft Lauderdale and even am pondering driving up for a few days to visit the World. Not sure, I know its a long drive, I think 5 hours, anyone know?
Otherwise we are definetly coming back in 2013 and cannot wait for that.

By the way, Marlton Mom - thanks SO much for the bourbon balls recipe - can't wait to try them!

You're welcome. Those bourbon balls are the kind of cookie that you either love or hate. I tried making them with Amaretto DiSaronno liquor (which I LOVE) and they just weren't the same.

You know how you put Coffee together with Chocolate for a recipe? Well it's like that with these Bourbon Balls...

~Marlton Mom

Thank you! I am so excited! It is all that I talk about and I think I am making others nuts!!! Thanks for adding me! Its nice to be around like minded people.

In less than 3 weeks I will be at Beach Club with my children, a great friend and her daughter! We moms are praying that our children stay healthy after my son and her daughter experienced pretty nasty bugs over the last couple of weeks. We may have to take a more relaxed approach this year, although my friend's daughter has never been to WDW so it might be a challenge to slow things down!

You're welcome. Those bourbon balls are the kind of cookie that you either love or hate. I tried making them with Amaretto DiSaronno liquor (which I LOVE) and they just weren't the same.

You know how you put Coffee together with Chocolate for a recipe? Well it's like that with these Bourbon Balls...

~Marlton Mom

Great minds think alike!

This is scary because this past weekend I made some more and part of the batch I used a cheaper amaretto liquor and even though they were ok, your right they are just not the same. Last year I used plain rum and they were good. Maybe next year I will try coconut rum and go for a Mound/Almond Joy tast?

:banana::love::banana::love:13 days till we get to meet Teena!!

What times will you be working on Monday the 12th? We will be driving in from my dad's house in Apopka and we are hoping to get there in the morning to swim!

:banana::love::banana::love:13 days till we get to meet Teena!!

What times will you be working on Monday the 12th? We will be driving in from my dad's house in Apopka and we are hoping to get there in the morning to swim!

I start at 9:30 AM. You're checking in that day, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter