2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at the YC at the end of September and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else! We LOVED everything about it! We loved SAB, the balcony, the close proximity to EPCOT and DHS and that it is connected to BC. The rooms were so lovely and the beds were super comfy! The staff there was great! I am officially spoiled. :love:

Ditto! This is our 3rd visit to the YC. (Staying in a Turret Suite this time!!:yay:) Stayed at the BC twice, GF once, which is great when you have little kids and spend a LOT of time at Magic Kingdom. But our hearts are with the YC/BC!!:love:

Will be arriving on Thursday, should I do online check-in? I want to request a full balcony (we should automatically get a daybed or rollaway, since there are 5 in the room, right?) can i do that with online check-in?

If you see anything that needs correction or addition please let us know!

February 2012 :lovestruc

rusty4 Feb 4 - Feb 13 BC

The first page is correct. We are there Feb.4th-Feb. 12th. It is for Nathan's 8th bday and our 25th anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney 25 years ago!

Thanks Mike!!!

Yes. Thank you, Mike!!

I did copy off and save MM's recipe for Bourbon Balls. Although I am not going to give it permanent space over here, feel free to post a request for the recipe if it is needed.

Dee, first I want to thank you for this thread and all of your hard work! Second, I would love if you could PM the recipe. MM posted it ( thank you MM!) for me right before I left for Thanksgiving and I was not able to copy it.

We will be arriving on December 17th with my wife, daughter and I coming down from CT and our son and his girlfriend on a red eye from WA. We are leaving on December 23rd. This will be my 6th stay at YC, wife and kid's 3rd stay and son's girlfriends first ever visit, not only to WDW but also to Florida. Our son is in the Army and is deploying in the Spring. Prior to his his last deployment, he wanted to go to WDW before he left, so it has now become a tradition I guess.

On our last visit, they knew it was our 25th wedding anniversary while staying and that our son was getting ready to head to Afghanistan. Upon arrival, we were surprised with a wonderful upgrade to a 2 BR CL Suite. This time around I booked us into 2 CL GV rooms. When our kids were small, I made their first visit very special with a stay at the Poly and a dining plan that included 3 meals and water sports. This time, I want to make it special for the GF. On our last evening there, we have reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table. It will be a (somewhat) romantic evening for our son and his GF before we see get her on a plane to head back to WA and her family for Christmas and the 4 of us head home for Christmas. Our son will then head back to WA to spend NYE with his GF.

What a wonderful gift for you Son and GF! It sounds as if you have planned a magical trip for you family. Sending my thanks to your Son for his service as well.

everyone is well and we all made it into the kiddie sand part of the pool. we will explore more tomorrow when dh is as at golf.

i noticed no one really ever touches on the expanse and confusion at bc/yc. we are LOST. at all times. getting in the pool area, trying to get out, trying to go back and forth to yc from bc we ended up on some pseudo path where i kept walking into pillars and felt like a cat burglar. this resort is intimidating! lovely and wonderful but scary as heck for someone like me who HATES to waste time wandering (aka lost). i hope i will have it licked by week end.

ooooh, kids passed out. i was thinking of going to check out illuminations but maybe the kids are onto something? 4 am was a loooooooooong time ago.

I bet we will get lost as well! It does look so big. Maybe I should print out the maps that Dee has on the first page before our trip.;) We are getting more and more excited for our first trip to BC! Congratulations on your surprise upgrade too.:cool1:

Thanks for moving this over to a new thread!! We get to be apart of it from the beginning yeah!!! It was so cool seeing our name on the list....We are at 19 days today and the anticipation is getting worse..lol Celebrating 2 birthdays and the first family trip to Disney with they hubby in 6 years!! SOOOO EXCITED!:banana::banana::banana:

If you see anything that needs correction or addition please let us know!

December 2011 :santa:
LaurieN Nov 24 - Dec 3 BC
gumby013 Nov 25 - Dec 1 BC
WendyWuWu Nov 25-Dec 3
Jaceraden Nov. 26-Dec. 3 BC
5kWallace Nov 27 - Dec 3 YC
kraeurb Nov 27 - Dec 4 BC
Lobsterkmd Nov 28 - Dec 4 YC
Luvmarypoppins Nov 28 - Dec 4 BC
bowbat Nov 29 - Dec 1 YC CL

JoeyAnyc Dec 1 - Dec 5 YC
kaylamag Dec 1 - Dec 15 BC Two Weeker!
goofieslonglostsis Dec 1 - Dec 6th BC
vanillarum Dec 3 - Dec 10 YC
snoopy5386 Dec 4 - Dec 9 BCV
cynth Dec 5 - Dec 13 BC (with mom)
333disneymom Dec 6 - Dec 11
That Mom Dec 8 - Dec 12 BC
sndral Dec 9 - Dec 19 YC
buzz1121 Dec 9 - Dec 11 BC then to WL
cjsmom5 Dec 10 - Dec 18 YC
Tinkerbell’s mama Dec 11- Dec 21 BC (15th Anniversary)
heatherbabydoll1, Dec 12- Dec 14 , BCV then on to OKW
willsea777, Dec 12-16 BC
MickeyT Dec 14 –Dec 19 BCV (Whole Family Christmas!)
buzz1121 Dec 15 - Dec 18 YC after WL
stenmarks Dec 15 - Dec 20 YC Big 5th Anniversary!
KerriL Dec 16 - Dec 20 YC CL
west&east Dec 16 - Dec 22 BC CL Deluxe!
DizneyLizzy Dec 16 - Dec 20 BC
denamac Dec 16 - Dec 18 BC
Bstanley Dec 17- Dec 23 BC
WhispeyPixie Dec 17 - Dec 23 BC CL
DISNEYBEACHNUTS Dec 17 - Dec 28 BC
DWDude Dec 18 -Dec 24 BC CL

January 2012 :smickey:
steeners81 Jan 2- Jan 8 BC
RadioFanatic Jan 5 - Jan 10 BCV Marathoners!
MickeyT and Sisters! Jan 6 - Jan 8 BCV 3 ** 4th Annual Marathon Trip!**
oeshpdog2 Jan 20 - Jan 27 BC
vici c Jan 21- Jan 24 BC Club Level
PoohsFan1 Jan 22-25, 2 BCV studios (post-cruise)

February 2012 :lovestruc
MickeezMeg Feb 3- Feb 8 YC (Our Belated Honeymoon)
Leafsgirl36 Feb 8 - Feb 11 BCV
rusty4 Feb 4 - Feb 13 BC
FloridaDreaming Feb 21 - Feb 27 BCV ***Disneymoon Here We Come****
krmlaw Feb ??-?? 1 BR BCV

Can you add us for BCV for August 4-11 2012?!:yay: All the bigs kids are coming on this trip and we hope to be celebrating the adoption of our foster baby:cool1::banana::woohoo:

Heading down for 6 nights at BLT and then 4nts at Yacht Club...in about 13 more sleeps!!!

How's the weather down there now?? We are enjoying the most mild wonderful weather up here in NE:banana:
Have no clue on what to pack for clothes:confused3
Kerri

We are getting closer. December 10th to the 14th. Can't wait. Wonder if it will be warm enough to use storm along bay?

Tomm. tomm. we will be at the BC tomm.:banana:

If anyone else is going to be there we will be the 2 big people. I will either walk behind the wheelchair or dh will push me.

Might get a little cancer cranky at times, but heah, its all good, we are in Disney!!

I have looked at the weather forecast and maybe we will go swimming on sat. Seems to be the warmest day so far.

I am going to be packing layers as usual, but this is so much better than last year when it was absolutely freezing etc.

If anyone else is going to be there we will be the 2 big people. I will either walk behind the wheelchair or dh will push me.

Might get a little cancer cranky at times, but heah, its all good, we are in Disney!!

I have looked at the weather forecast and maybe we will go swimming on sat. Seems to be the warmest day so far.

I am going to be packing layers as usual, but this is so much better than last year when it was absolutely freezing etc.

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

Can you add us for BCV for August 4-11 2012?!:yay: Heading down for 6 nights at BLT and then 4nts at Yacht Club...in about 13 more sleeps!!!

How's the weather down there now?? We are enjoying the most mild wonderful weather up here in NE:banana:
Have no clue on what to pack for clothes:confused3
Kerri

Will do!

We are getting closer. December 10th to the 14th. Can't wait. Wonder if it will be warm enough to use storm along bay?

To everyone there now or going soon- wishing you awesome trips and pleasant weather!

Hi, can I join this thread?

We just switched our SSR reservation to BC today. We stayed at the BC this September for the first time and loved it. We decided we'd take my parents, sister and brother-in-law to WDW next year (none of whom have ever even been to the US, never mind WDW). We were originally going to go with SSR to save money, but agreed today we'd miss the BC too much. I figure it will be a great introduction to WDW, and the location should minimise the walking my parents will have to do. We'll be there 2nd September until the 14th, I can't wait!

Hi, can I join this thread?

We just switched our SSR reservation to BC today. We stayed at the BC this September for the first time and loved it. We decided we'd take my parents, sister and brother-in-law to WDW next year (none of whom have ever even been to the US, never mind WDW). We were originally going to go with SSR to save money, but agreed today we'd miss the BC too much. I figure it will be a great introduction to WDW, and the location should minimise the walking my parents will have to do. We'll be there 2nd September until the 14th, I can't wait!

Yes ALL are welcome (even if you don't like not having a phone book in your room*).

:cheer2: :banana: :grouphug: pixiedust:
I'd like to give a big welcome to all the new people 'stopping by' and encourage them to read the first page, as there is a wealth of information that you didn't even know you could use for your trip! Feel free to post questions or to share concerns with us and this lovely little community we've got going will do it's best to answer any questions.

~Marlton Mom

*= a joke from a previous thread. The hotels are phasing out the Orlando area telephone books in the room

Will be arriving on Thursday, should I do online check-in? I want to request a full balcony (we should automatically get a daybed or rollaway, since there are 5 in the room, right?) can i do that with online check-in?

Woops, meant to answer your question in the last batch of reponses, and then MM's post about reading page 1 reminded me that I didn't respond.

We generally recommend that you do NOT do the online checkin. Checkin is not typically very long at the Beach Club. If you do the advance online checkin, your keys will already be prepared and you are expected to take your package and go. If you do the regular checkin, you can ask if your assigned room has a full balcony and/or daybed. If not, you can ask the checkin CM to see if there is a room better suited to your requests. They will do their best to make you happy if it is possible.

Enjoy your stay!!!

I have a quick question that I am hoping you all can help me out with. We will be at the BC beginning 12/10 and I am planning on doing a little Christmas shopping while we are there. I read on the FAQ about shipping packages to the resort but what about shipping from the BC/YC? Usually we drive and its not a big deal but we are flying this time so any presents will need to be shipped to get them back (and out of prying eyes). Is it better to try and ship them from the park or the store that I buy from?

Thanks!

Christine

I have a quick question that I am hoping you all can help me out with. We will be at the BC beginning 12/10 and I am planning on doing a little Christmas shopping while we are there. I read on the FAQ about shipping packages to the resort but what about shipping from the BC/YC? Usually we drive and its not a big deal but we are flying this time so any presents will need to be shipped to get them back (and out of prying eyes). Is it better to try and ship them from the park or the store that I buy from?

Thanks!

Christine

Yes ship them from the Disney Parks store! I've done this and I highly recommend it! They made it easy and I didn't think Disney was charging an unreasonable shipping cost. Talk to a cast member in the store that you are buying the Merchandise from and hopefully they will be knowledgeable enough to fill you in. I seem to always attract the "Cast Member in training" when I do this, but someone from the store should know how to do it so ask away! Be sure to save your receipts, whether shipping to the hotel or shipping to your home.

Good luck and happy shopping!

~Marlton Mom

Saw Teena today (twice!) but my kids were in no mood to wait for her to be free. Hopefully she will be around again before we leave.

today was Epcotish. toured future and got a zillion fp. hurricaine hanna for snack lunch. a really convincing celebrity lookalike at sab. then hubby came home from golf (awesome!). we did more future world then Boma for supper. what i tasted of supper was amazing but ds was melting down so i got cut short. by the way..... Soarin' was just. omg. NOT good for people with issues. DD was wiggling and giggling while I was having cold sweats and trying not to have a panic attack.

AK tomorrow! ps. Paul et al. say hi. still no word on whether Pastina will ever come home.

Dee, thanks for moving the thread! It sure is fast moving, just like my time waiting to be at the BC. :) I know what's going to come the fastest - the 45 day mark when I have to have it paid for. Then time will crawl. LOL

Santa Claus parade today and it was super cold. I am still cold hours and hours later. The parade was so long that DH thought he could see the Easter Bunny. LOL Makes me wish for a lounge chair and a sunken treasure for sure!

Hello BC/YC fans! I can book a standard room or a studio for the same price. I'm torn as to which to do - has anyone stayed in both that can give me pros & cons? It will be for 2 nights (probably doing a split stay BC/Poly) - for 2 adults- it's a girls trip.

I realize they are the same size rooms, and that the studio will have 1 bed & sleeper sofa vs. the 2 beds in a standard room, and that the studio will have a very small kitchenette that the room doesn't. Any other things to consider?

How about location? I see from the map the studios are in the villas section that stick out the front of the resort - so not in the "main" building area near SAB, restaraunts, facing Boardwalk, etc. Is that correct? Will a studio feel far away from everything? How about the walk to Epcot - it looks like the villas section is actually closer to Epcot than the main area of BC, but do you have to walk through the lobby & back over to Epcot - or is there a shortcut our the side?

One more question - after looking at tons of pics here & on AllEars, the decors look different. The rooms seem to have a striped carpet & darker wood & white theme, the studios/villas seem to have a plaid/lighter beachy theme - is this correct that they are different - or did I just see some older pics?

Thanks!

Christine

Yes ship them from the Disney Parks store! I've done this and I highly recommend it! They made it easy and I didn't think Disney was charging an unreasonable shipping cost. Talk to a cast member in the store that you are buying the Merchandise from and hopefully they will be knowledgeable enough to fill you in. I seem to always attract the "Cast Member in training" when I do this, but someone from the store should know how to do it so ask away! Be sure to save your receipts, whether shipping to the hotel or shipping to your home.

Good luck and happy shopping!

~Marlton Mom

Yes, ship from the stores. If I recall correctly, if you ship, you are not supposed to be charged the Florida state sales tax. So that offsets the shipping cost to some extent. Can anyone corroborate that little bit of info?

Gee, thanks so much for the new thread, this is great!! We are growing more and more excited for our first ever stay at the beach club next June. I am still trying to decide what we can do to surprise my oldest daughter, Sarah for this trip. She is graduating from college and would love to do something really neat. Her major is marine biology so I thought maybe one of the programs at the living seas. I know she would love that so much. She already has done one of the programs at Seaworld and loved it!!! But that was several years ago. Also, it will be mu husbands and I 25th anniversary so we are planning a nice dinner out at one of the signature restaurants.
I do have a question...how far is it to the entrance at Epcot and where does it put you at? The information here is so valuable and I am so thankful for it. So I surely do appreciate the help. Have a great night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter