2010 Orlando Entertainment Book

greenclan67

Callie35
We are going to Orlando in March, have already gotten accomodations paid for, and theme park tickets paid. We are staying offsite at Cypress Point. Is it worth buying this book? It is on sale til tomorrow for $20.10. Thanks

My mom and dad and brother's family ususally get the book, as there is a Japanese resturant (one of the those places -- sort of american/japenese where they have the knives and cook in front of you (dining entertainment) that they really like that in the past has been one dinner free with the entertainment card). They like to do things like the Pirates dinner too, and usually can find a little better discount there than elsewhere. They will usually pick another resturant that is two for one and try that too. They also like to do the indoor sky diving at Sky Venture on I drive. In the past the book has had two coupons for that that giving you a two for one price on the DVD package. This makes going here and getting the DVD less than the regular experience even with the coupon from the internet. The book usually has a good coupon for Gatorland too -- better than other discounts that I've seen. Usually I don't get the book. The only time that I got it was when everyone in our family was doing to do indoor sky diving, and in this case the book more than paid for itself. We ended up using the Gatorland coupon too -- Gatorland, just in case you haven't been, is sort of an old time Florida attraction rather than a world class theme park, but always a very fun 1/2 day for my family. It would not have been worth it to get the book just for the Gatorland coupon though. Often you can look online to see what coupons are offered. That can help you decide if it's worth it for you.

Oh and by the way we just love Cypress Pointe (great choice for a place to stay / one of our very favorite places to stay in the area for sure!)

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

I wouldn't bother. It may cost a little more to not use the coupons and just use the ones from the coupon books that are all over Orlando. Very few chains or fast food places tend to be in the Orlando book from our past experience. Check out Restaurant.com as many restaurants that are in the Entertainment book also use Restaurant.com.

We are going to Orlando in March, have already gotten accomodations paid for, and theme park tickets paid. We are staying offsite at Cypress Point. Is it worth buying this book? It is on sale til tomorrow for $20.10. Thanks

where do you find this deal? Thanks

Thanks guys, I was looking for coupons for restaurants and stuff, maybe car rental, cause they are so insane right now!!!! I did forget about all the coupons in the booklets at the tourist info booths. Maybe that is the way to go. Anyone know of any coupons for Makahiki Luau at Seaworld?
Thanks

Thanks guys, I was looking for coupons for restaurants and stuff, maybe car rental, cause they are so insane right now!!!! I did forget about all the coupons in the booklets at the tourist info booths. Maybe that is the way to go. Anyone know of any coupons for Makahiki Luau at Seaworld?
Thanks

If it is a car rental you are looking to save on, the book could be a great money saver.

Thanks

Not sure if there is an entertainment book for Manitoulin Island, but I buy the Toronto book and can use the car rental coupon for an orlando rental! It doesn't have to be Toronto! Then I can still use the coupons for the rest of the year!

If you have "your" local book, the same car discounts are in all of the books. If not, the majority of the time I get my best car rental with the contract ID in the EB and a web coupon on the rental site. The difference would probably make it worth your expense and anything else you use would be "profit."

We bought the Las Vegas EB at the very end of the year for a trip in October for about $9.00 - used two local coupons and two national coupons and made out OK.

If you have "your" local book, the same car discounts are in all of the books. If not, the majority of the time I get my best car rental with the contract ID in the EB and a web coupon on the rental site. The difference would probably make it worth your expense and anything else you use would be "profit."

We bought the Las Vegas EB at the very end of the year for a trip in October for about $9.00 - used two local coupons and two national coupons and made out OK.

This is a good point. The rental car discounts for all the books are the same. So if one has a local book, they can use those rental car discounts anywhere. Better to buy your home book and use the discounts at home year round and the travel discounts when on vacation.

Also important to note, the rental car discounts can and often are different or there are more of them online than what is printed in the Book. Alamo this year has a great two car class upgrade coupon online that is not shown in the book. So be sure to register any books you buy online.

I wouldn't bother. It may cost a little more to not use the coupons and just use the ones from the coupon books that are all over Orlando. Very few chains or fast food places tend to be in the Orlando book from our past experience. Check out Restaurant.com as many restaurants that are in the Entertainment book also use Restaurant.com.

Most of the coupons in the Entertainment Book are BOGO (Buy One Get One Free). The coupons books that are available in Orlando are mainly the 10% off or save $3 - $5 type coupons. There are probably some BOGO coupons out there, but I've not seen any.

I've used the Entertainment Book for Orlando every time we've gone to Orlando. I usually buy it in mid-summer just before the trip. The book is usually discounted and/or has free shipping/handling and on a few occasions I've gotten a 2nd book for just $5 more (Orlando or any other city).

The last time, I went down to Orlando, I had 2 Orlando books. If you read the "Rules of Use" in the back of the book, you can actually use more than one coupon per party. Here is the actual quote from the book: "5. Dining Discount Details....Only one coupon/membership card may be used for every two people, UP TO a maximum of three coupons/membership cards per party, and seperate checks are not allowed." So, if you are a party of FOUR, and you are ordering FOUR adult-size meals (child meals excluded), you could use two coupons in order to get two FREE meals. It is possible, because I HAVE used two coupons. Apparently not too many are aware of this, as I had to point it out to the waiter at one of the restaurants.

Each time that I've bought the book, I've always come out ahead. It pays for itself after a couple uses.

For those of you that stay in a condo and cook your own meals, there are usually two coupons for Publix Supermarkets. I think they're $10 of $20 off coupons.

I've used the Entertainment Book for Orlando every time we've gone to Orlando. I usually buy it in mid-summer just before the trip. The book is usually discounted and/or has free shipping/handling and on a few occasions I've gotten a 2nd book for just $5 more (Orlando or any other city).

The last time, I went down to Orlando, I had 2 Orlando books. If you read the "Rules of Use" in the back of the book, you can actually use more than one coupon per party. Here is the actual quote from the book: "5. Dining Discount Details....Only one coupon/membership card may be used for every two people, UP TO a maximum of three coupons/membership cards per party, and seperate checks are not allowed." So, if you are a party of FOUR, and you are ordering FOUR adult-size meals (child meals excluded), you could use two coupons in order to get two FREE meals. It is possible, because I HAVE used two coupons. Apparently not too many are aware of this, as I had to point it out to the waiter at one of the restaurants.
I did not know that! THANKS!!

Each time that I've bought the book, I've always come out ahead. It pays for itself after a couple uses.

Please share your positive experiences. Where did you eat? What other coupons did you use? We are going at least twice during the 2010 EB year. We will have AP and the TIW card, but I'm open to exploring.

I love to save money!

I've always had better luck booking through the rental car company's website without the Entertainment book. Dollar has a city special going on now that was really reasonable. Also, you can try booking a car from an agency that isn't at the airport. The rental car companies have to tack on a lot of additional fees and taxes when you pick up at the airport sometimes the fees are a lot less at the off airport locations.

I ended up ordering the book, I figured the grocery coupons alone would be a help. If it doesn't work out, lesson learned and I have spent $20 on it. I will let you know what I think once it arrives! Thanks for all your help!

Prices for Entertainment books gradually drop month after month as it approaches the expiration date in November.

If anyone is using the book solely for the one vacation, it is generally better to wait as late as possible to buy the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter