2010 Dates & Deals???

danielle782001

DIS Veteran
We want to book a cruise for Presidents week of 2010...When will those dates be available to book? I know for 2009 there was a half deposit deal...I would hate to jump to book a trip and then a deal come up...Any advice on how to book so we get the dates we want but bot spend more than we have to?

Please advice..Thank you :goodvibes

We want to book a cruise for Presidents week of 2010...When will those dates be available to book? I know for 2009 there was a half deposit deal...I would hate to jump to book a trip and then a deal come up...Any advice on how to book so we get the dates we want but bot spend more than we have to?

Please advice..Thank you :goodvibes

Well the 2010 dates will probably be out by the end of this year, but as far as the 50% deposit deal....you still have to pay the total eventually, so I would not worry about getting the 50% deposit deal or not. The sooner you book the more money in the long run you will save.

If it was me I would book my dates as soon as they become available, even if I had to lay out the full deposit because I know if I wait for any deal the cruise rate itself would have probably gone up by then.

I look at it as the more I put down in the first place, the less I have to pay later on.

2009 dates became available last year in December, so I would think the 2010 dates will be released this December. Like the pp stated, the earlier you book, the lower the price will be.

You could book something now to get the half deposit deal and then transfer the reservation when the dates you want become available.
Of course, if something better comes up, you can rebook as well. At least this way you get the half off deposit.

Hey Danielle! We are looking to book for the same week. The trip will be for our 15th anniversary. It seems all of the answers here are right on. The earlier you book, the better the price will be, and the cabin selections. I plan on booking as soon as the rates for 2010 are released.

The last time we cruised the ship was full and we did fine getting into shows and the like. Since it is President's week, I want to book as early as possible.

I guess there may be a small number of us from Long Island!:thumbsup2

Hey Danielle! We are looking to book for the same week. The trip will be for our 15th anniversary. It seems all of the answers here are right on. The earlier you book, the better the price will be, and the cabin selections. I plan on booking as soon as the rates for 2010 are released.

The last time we cruised the ship was full and we did fine getting into shows and the like. Since it is President's week, I want to book as early as possible.

I guess there may be a small number of us from Long Island!:thumbsup2

I am so excited to book this trip...That one year our kids will be in the same age group for the activities...I am happy for them that they will have an experience I was not able to have as a child...DH and I are also looking forward to some time to ourselves...We never leave the kids to go out and we are excited to plan some time alone for once in a very long while...

Do you happen to know the exact dates of Presidents Week 2010 since you are going too? I found the dates of the two president's birthday's and it seemed earlier than the usual thrid week of Feb.

Thanks for the information...Enjoy your anniversary trip!

Do they go on sale they day the dates are announced?

Best way to book...Phone or online?

Usually there is an annoucement a week in advance of ther trips, the dates, and the price range per Cat, then there is a release date and you can book from that, the last one was December 4th for 2009.

You can book, online or via Travel agent either is fine, I have always used a TA, and had very good service,

Do you happen to know the exact dates of Presidents Week 2010 . . . ? I found the dates of the two president's birthday's and it seemed earlier than the usual thrid week of Feb.

President's Day is observed on the third Monday in February, regardless of the date.

I remember getting to have Lincoln AND Washington's birthdays off school (dating myself here!) and sometimes feel a bit 'cheated' to only have one holiday in February, LOL

Just double check about booking a date then changing it. I seem to recall there was a notice last week that Disney was changing the policy on changing your sail dates. You can still change but I seem to recall that you would have to pay the going rate of the cruise for your new dates. :confused3 Just make sure you ask about switching dates before you book it.

The half deposit thing isn't really so much a deal--it just cuts your required deposit amount in half, but you still pay the same amount for the cruise ie:not a discount. So if you book a 7 night for 4 people and say the cruise is $8000 rather than pay the usuual $1000 deposit and owe $7000 you'll pay a $500 deposit and owe $7500.

Just double check about booking a date then changing it. I seem to recall there was a notice last week that Disney was changing the policy on changing your sail dates. You can still change but I seem to recall that you would have to pay the going rate of the cruise for your new dates. :confused3 Just make sure you ask about switching dates before you book it.

This will not affect those who book and switch dates before final payment is due, only those that have made final payment and then want to switch dates closer to sailing. Most who book as a placeholder will not be affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter