2009 Prices a little over the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaawwww who cares about prices ! I'm so stink'n wealthy I could buy Disney over and over !!!
Ooopps, wait a minute,,thats not me , thats Bill Gates.

Guess I do havta worry about prices.

I probably have less money and toys than most of the people in this thread. I don't even own a car anymore. I'm not rich, I just don't worry about money. Go figure.

I have a differing opinion it seems from most people on the forum when it comes to this topic, but that's exactly what it is, my opinion. If you don't like it, I'm sorry. I think it's a waste of time to spend what little time we have on this earth worrying about stuff like this. If I can't afford something, I don't do it.

i was just thinking, maybe you will change your tune when the little one needs a ticket, lol.

I will do what I can for my child. And I will hopefully teach him that spending time worrying about money and material things will end to an endless cycle of worry. Why? Because prices don't go down, prices go up. This is how the world works, this is how it always has worked.

I don't like that they up the prices, but everyone in the world ups their prices. I'll just live with it, deal with it, and if I don't like it enough, I won't go. Can't spend too much time fretting over it, I'm not going to change anything.

Gas is higher, food is higher, electricity is higher, campsites are higher, everything is higher. And it always will be, prices don't go down, they go up (for most services). The Fort is still very similar in price to most other campgrounds in Orlando. This isn't like camping at your local state park campground, you're paying for much more then just a small plot of land, realistically.

I understand that every year we have a thread talking about prices when the new prices come out(I remember the one's from the last two years), but it's not going to change. So like I said, if it bothers me enough, I won't go I just don't fret over stuff like this, maybe it's me being stupid, young, and idealistic, I have no idea...lol. I spent enough of my 20's worrying about stuff, no more ;)

That doesn't mean I don't care about those that can't make the trip, trust me, I've had to cut short plenty of trips because I couldn't afford it, and it's the worst. If this were an ideal world, I guess prices would never go up, wouldn't that be great!

For you to bark like this is ignorant. This thread was started because the Fort increased their prices 68% from this July to next July. Now, I know, as well as you that prices are increasing, however, for a price to increase, without the 15 dollars per night in taxes, 68% in a recession is absurd at best and greed at the least. For the bean counters at the Fort to think that people are going to keep reservations based on this ridiculous calculation is ludicrous. I, like you, don't have to drive as far to Disney, but many people do, and these calculations are a huge part of their budget going to Disney for a trip. The fort is NOT similar to many campgrounds in Orlando, it is more expensive than all of them. It is, up until now, worth it. I, unlike you, feel that it will change things to talk about it because we as a camping forum, do get things changed. For instance, there was a tremendous problem with the boat and long lines to the MK and the WL people always taking all the seats. This was remedied by the many letters written by people, including myself, to the management asking for two routes. Many of these letters specifically mentioned the DIS boards and the forums and threads that mentioned this problem. How do I know this? I asked. I asked managers. I talked to the manager of Fort Wilderness himself. So, for you to go and make a blanket statement about how talking on this forum will not make a difference and how things will not change. They will change if people will take the time to get the Fort management to understand that their bottom line will change. There are enough people on this board who are upset about the pricing that it will make a bottom line change. I really feel you have belittled many people and their increasing difficulty with Disney's pricing increases at 60+% a year.

not only how often but do you have plane or long distance driving expenses? i think alot of people add it all up and everyone is pretty much sick and tired of everything going up and up and services and amenities going down and down. If i lived in FL, i probably wouldn't be as concerned since MOST of my expense in getting to the fort is in driving. also, what type of vehicle are you using to get to the fort, what do you stay in? that affects what it costs to get there too. there are alot of factors that vary that people have to consider when vacationing there. it's not that anyone worries or loses sleep over this kind of stuff, you simply modify your vacation plans.

i was just thinking, maybe you will change your tune when the little one needs a ticket, lol. ;)

I know that's true for us. If we only lived a couple of hours away it wouldn't be such a big deal. We'd have AP's and go hang out at the Fort just because we could. But coming from Michigan in a motorhome with a family of five....the cost of a WDW trip is REALLY high right now !! Especially since age 10 = adult in WDW :mad: Everything is going up....campsites, gas, ticket prices, groceries, etc. Prices are way up, but the money we are bringing in is a LOT less than it was two years ago. :sad2: It is going to cost us about $7000 for our 12 night stay in December and that is before they raised the ticket prices.

Does anyone know if once you book a trip/package your ticket prices are fixed ?? Or are they subject to change ?? :confused3

For you to bark like this is ignorant. This thread was started because the Fort increased their prices 68% from this July to next July. Now, I know, as well as you that prices are increasing, however, for a price to increase, without the 15 dollars per night in taxes, 68% in a recession is absurd at best and greed at the least. For the bean counters at the Fort to think that people are going to keep reservations based on this ridiculous calculation is ludicrous. I, like you, don't have to drive as far to Disney, but many people do, and these calculations are a huge part of their budget going to Disney for a trip. The fort is NOT similar to many campgrounds in Orlando, it is more expensive than all of them. It is, up until now, worth it. I, unlike you, feel that it will change things to talk about it because we as a camping forum, do get things changed. For instance, there was a tremendous problem with the boat and long lines to the MK and the WL people always taking all the seats. This was remedied by the many letters written by people, including myself, to the management asking for two routes. Many of these letters specifically mentioned the DIS boards and the forums and threads that mentioned this problem. How do I know this? I asked. I asked managers. I talked to the manager of Fort Wilderness himself. So, for you to go and make a blanket statement about how talking on this forum will not make a difference and how things will not change. They will change if people will take the time to get the Fort management to understand that their bottom line will change. There are enough people on this board who are upset about the pricing that it will make a bottom line change. I really feel you have belittled many people and their increasing difficulty with Disney's pricing increases at 60+% a year.

I didn't belittle anyone. Also, I don't appreciate your personal insult, I didn't insult you. I was stating my opinion, I even posted that I do feel for those that can't afford to extend trips, it happens to me as well. I never once belittled anyone, or even meant to.

I also don't think there are enough people on this board to make any change, the amount of people that visit the fort is way more than what is on this forum. We are a very small amount of who goes to the Fort.

You don't think I have problems with the increases as well? I had to already cancel one trip because of price increases, it's not like it doesn't affect me.

I certainly believe you did belittle people, otherwise you wouldn't have received the responses you did, including mine. I also believe you underestimate the power of the people on this board. You might think there is a small number of people on this board that do nothing but sit here and chat, but there are many that lurk and those people speak their mind with their wallets. That will speak to Disney. Based on your original sarcastic post, I have no idea if you like the increases at all. I just found it very disappointing.

Jen, I never meant to belittle anyone. And I don't count two responses as everyone, although I personally apologize if you took it that way.

And my original post was not sarcastic at all. I really think you took my post the entirely wrong way, I'm sorry about that. Why would I "like" the increase, that would be crazy...lol. I have stated that I don't like them, I'm just like you guys on that one, sometimes I just feel like we go overboard with all the talk about what's wrong.

This is also an apology to anyone else that took it the wrong way, probably should have just stayed out of this thread. There has just been so much "this is what is wrong with the Fort" lately, I guess I was over it. My bad on that one.

not only how often but do you have plane or long distance driving expenses? i think alot of people add it all up and everyone is pretty much sick and tired of everything going up and up and services and amenities going down and down. If i lived in FL, i probably wouldn't be as concerned since MOST of my expense in getting to the fort is in driving. also, what type of vehicle are you using to get to the fort, what do you stay in? that affects what it costs to get there too. there are alot of factors that vary that people have to consider when vacationing there. it's not that anyone worries or loses sleep over this kind of stuff, you simply modify your vacation plans.

i was just thinking, maybe you will change your tune when the little one needs a ticket, lol. ;)

I don't believe he camps in anything of his, per se, I believe he shacks up with his parents when they go. 'Nuff said. This is a fact, based on his posts, not a personal attack.

I think everyone needs to step away and take a breather. The economy is affecting everybody right now, and tensions get high quickly.

This topic is closed. Let's move on to something more pleasant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter