2009 Prices a little over the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give two words too...THAT STINKS!

And their computer system stinks too. It doesn't surprise me that they aged your son 14 years. About five years ago we took DS's friend with us to WDW and they added her to our family. Until recently, every time I called, they always tried to put her on the ressie. The strange thing about it is they still had her listed as 7 years old and DS 12. At the time we all went, they were both 7. I've asked them many times if they can remove her because she was just a guest once. They keep saying "sorry, we can't do that." Yes, they can do it....they just choose not too. Finally, last year, they either removed her or don't even ask. I think it had to do with the fact after so many calls, I made my voice a little shaky with a sniffle or two and said, "I'm sorry, when I hear her name, it makes me so sad because she's no longer with us. Is there anyway you can remove her from your system? This happens every time I call." The rep apologized and said, "No problem, I'll take care of it." Sad that I had to resort to such a lame act...but it's the truth, they moved from our neighborhood about 2 years ago, if the rep interpreted it in any other way, that's his problem.:laughing: It worked, I've called 3 times since then and no mention of her name.

What really gets me is this.... people who set up SKADS of decorations on their sites use tons more electricity than I do when I put up a psaltry string of lights on my awning. (Yes, I am thinking Disney Donna & others - you've all seen them). I also know some winter people who let water run thru their black tank continuously their whole stay just so they don't have to dump once or twice a week. Yet...they pay the same $$ for a site as I do. Where's the sanity in that??

You all need to do a protest convoy up to Kellys Island for a week, $37.00 a night full hookup and you can go cartin' around the whole island :banana: great beach (no sharks :rotfl: ) and some awsome fishing. Take the Jet Express over to Put in Bay for the block long bar.

Where is that located????? Sounds nice. Do they have a website?
Thanks.

*Never mind I found it.*

I keep telling my hubby we should have went last year before everything went through the roof.....I just called for Oct09 ressies, and they are booked for premium sites.......but I was told they are 110.0 a night.......at a campground......for a cement pad. I know its Disney, and I know its a great place, we are still going dont get me wrong.......LOL........but its hard to pay that much a night to CAMP when its the same price around here for the whole WEEKEND!!! Ok I am done. Thank you. (for that price, they should at least supply a big pitcher of Kungoloosh....)

I keep telling my hubby we should have went last year before everything went through the roof.....I just called for Oct09 ressies, and they are booked for premium sites.......but I was told they are 110.0 a night.......at a campground......for a cement pad. I know its Disney, and I know its a great place, we are still going dont get me wrong.......LOL........but its hard to pay that much a night to CAMP when its the same price around here for the whole WEEKEND!!! Ok I am done. Thank you. (for that price, they should at least supply a big pitcher of Kungoloosh....)

Put a fork in me, I'm done at that price...

For those prices you sure shouldn't have to pay an additional fee for your dog. Nor should you have to pay for internet. :headache: :headache: :headache:

You all need to do a protest convoy up to Kellys Island for a week, $37.00 a night full hookup and you can go cartin' around the whole island :banana: great beach (no sharks :rotfl: ) and some awsome fishing. Take the Jet Express over to Put in Bay for the block long bar.

This sounds like fun. I'm going to check it out.

I think Disney may have to revise their price structure - there is no indication that the economy is adversely affecting them yet - all the announcements about cutting fireworks etc show Disney is concerned. Add to that the cost of transportation is going through the roof - if we bought airfare for November now rather than 2 months ago it would have doubled - airlines are cutting flights into Orlando a LOT. The reduced choices will also have an adverse affect. People won't have as much to spend even if they do make it to the Mouse!

I don't think Disney can continue to raise prices, reduce services and expect to have people continue to come to the parks in droves. Somethings got to give.

We have just decided to not stay at the Fort next winter. The prices are out of sight and I can't afford to pay over $100 a night for an extended stay. We are going to do a long term stay this winter but this will be our one and only time to do it. I'm going to start checking into off-site places that offer monthly rates. Several people have mentioned ones that they have stayed at that are west of Disney and they seem real nice. If anyone has any recommendations for nice RV resorts that offer monthly stays, please let me know. Thanks.

I was complaining to my BFF that people keep abusing the campsites.

I have seen posts about possibly putting a rented trailer on a campsite to house dogs instead of paying for the kennel.

I have seen posts about reserving a site at the Fort for the 4 nights required stay to get a Disney wedding (but not actually camping).

I have seen posts about renting a campsite while staying offsite and registering the campsite for 10 people just to get them the onsite perks for all 10 people.

He says to me, "Well, Disney needs to raise the prices to not make that feasible."

I don't want the prices to go up... because I actually want to stay at the Fort!!!

But, if nothing else, the high 2009 "advertised" price may prevent these abuses.

I think Disney may have to revise their price structure - there is no indication that the economy is adversely affecting them yet - all the announcements about cutting fireworks etc show Disney is concerned. Add to that the cost of transportation is going through the roof - if we bought airfare for November now rather than 2 months ago it would have doubled - airlines are cutting flights into Orlando a LOT. The reduced choices will also have an adverse affect. People won't have as much to spend even if they do make it to the Mouse!

I don't think Disney can continue to raise prices, reduce services and expect to have people continue to come to the parks in droves. Somethings got to give.

what makes me mad is, instead of making it easier for guests to visit (cut costs of rooms, don't raise pass prices), they are taking it out on the guest by offering LESS shows and amenities. Instead of finding ways to bring us there, they're finding ways to make us stay away???? it doesn't make sense, who is running this mickey mouse operation anyways? :confused3

Let me start off by saying I love WDW and FW. Just something special about heading to Fla. and staying with the mouse during Jan and Feb. to avoid cold northern Ohio. For the last several months I have been crunching the numbers and found that I can stay at several state parks for 2 months for the same cost as staying at Disney for 2 wks. For now, I'm holding onto my ressies for Jan. & Feb. and hoping Disney will fit into our budget. If not, we will go the state park route--the plus side of this is--they are already paid in full.
Our back up Plan:
Jan. 09. One wk Myrtle Beach SP. on the way south.
Two wks. Fort Clinch SP.
Two wks. Anastasia SP
Two wks. Wekiwa SP
One wk Huntington SP (Myrtle beach area) on way home
Yea, its not Disney, but we'll get in a lot of great beaches and if the weather is cool, its still better than snow in Ohio.

DISNEY--- are you paying attention? High rates are driving many people to other choices.

This really bites. We choose to stay at FW because camping is something my family really enjoys. But looking at the cost for a family of 5 to have AP's, pay for a campsite, tow to FW 3-4 times a year, meals etc....we could be traveling abroad for the same amount! :rolleyes:

As much as we enjoy Disney and FW...it may be time to start looking at other travel destinations! :guilty:

YES way overpriced. We were thinking of towing down from The Great White North. Forget it now with those prices. The cost of fuel alone is hard to swallow. Wake up Disney your pushing ppl away. We might just goto Myrtle Beach instead.

The summer Holiday GG's have all been told to prepare for mobilization. We won't get to see good people like Dean and Monica or the MillerMousketeers, but the savings will help the pocketbook.

Bobby Iger was over to the house last night and we started talking about the whole pricing at the fort deal. He let me in on a little secret. The plan is the Mouse will raise prices of campsites to an astronomical amount so even the millionaires will be going to other campgrounds. To cinch the deal, the quality of TE will continue to drop until no one will eat there (in fact, they have recently hired a management team from Chi Chi's to ensure it's demise). When there is no longer any demand, Disney will be able to safely reclaim this prime land and build more DVC resorts, which only foreign visitors will be able to purchase. This idea came about as a result of a survey Disney did - it seems WDW guests want more DVC properties, less campers who clutter up the boats to MK and take up valuable pool space, and fewer good places to eat. You see, Disney is just giving us what we want! Keep this quiet, please. It was told to me in the strictest confidence.

You can get a value room for that. I guess Disney is trying to push the price envelope as far as they can.
Think about this for a minute.

At a value resort you get a room...with A/C, maid service, a shower in a tub that you can actually turn around in, and a real toilet!

For the same price at Ft. Wilderness you get...

to tow/drive your RV from your home at great expense so you can furnish your own accommodations!

Did the management at Ft. Wilderness really think this out?:confused3

Bobby Iger was over to the house last night and we started talking about the whole pricing at the fort deal. He let me in on a little secret. The plan is the Mouse will raise prices of campsites to an astronomical amount so even the millionaires will be going to other campgrounds. To cinch the deal, the quality of TE will continue to drop until no one will eat there (in fact, they have recently hired a management team from Chi Chi's to ensure it's demise). When there is no longer any demand, Disney will be able to safely reclaim this prime land and build more DVC resorts, which only foreign visitors will be able to purchase. This idea came about as a result of a survey Disney did - it seems WDW guests want more DVC properties, less campers who clutter up the boats to MK and take up valuable pool space, and fewer good places to eat. You see, Disney is just giving us what we want! Keep this quiet, please. It was told to me in the strictest confidence.

You know...this has a ring of truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter