***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

WOW! You are all heart! Just be sure to bring a spring loaded fork to use 1st if she has good grub before you perch her up!:rolleyes1

The plan is to sneak the food, then poke tink1957 awake, but shhhh:ssst::rotfl2:

I've found that cattle prods often work wonders in these types of situations. :laughing:

I only do carry-on luggage and Delta has some crazy rule against cattle-prods in carry-on, even though the one I have is travel sized.:rolleyes:

OK... one question......We are going to Epcot on Sept 24th. I know F&W is officially opening on 25th but I was told 24th will be a soft opening. Any been there before for this?

::yes:: We'll see you there! Although it won't be running at 100%, many of the booths will be open. :cloud9:

I'll be at that Tequila tasting too, so I'll be sure to bring a long stick and poke you from across the room if you start to fall over.:thumbsup2

WOW! You are all heart! Just be sure to bring a spring loaded fork to use 1st if she has good grub before you perch her up!:rolleyes1

I've found that cattle prods often work wonders in these types of situations. :laughing:

The plan is to sneak the food, then poke tink1957 awake, but shhhh:ssst::rotfl2:

I only do carry-on luggage and Delta has some crazy rule against cattle-prods in carry-on, even though the one I have is travel sized.:rolleyes:

It's so nice to have friends like you on the Dis who will pick a girl up when she falls...uh... cattle prod:scared1:I'll probably resemble cattle after all that food, thank goodness you're only doing carry-on or I'd be in trouble.:rotfl:

Well I've officially overscheduled myself for 9/27.....10-12 Sweet Sundays, 1-2 American Brownie Co Seminar, 3-5 Tequila Tasting at the Ditch. I'll be the lady in the corner in a sugar & alcohol coma.:rotfl:

If it makes you feel any better about the coma: I have us having breakfast at Ohana w/ a friend at 7:30am, Sweet Sundays 10 - 12, American Brown Co Seminar from 1 to 2 and then we have V&A that night at 5:45pm.

I spend too much money on food/wine at Disney.

If it makes you feel any better about the coma: I have us having breakfast at Ohana w/ a friend at 7:30am, Sweet Sundays 10 - 12, American Brown Co Seminar from 1 to 2 and then we have V&A that night at 5:45pm.

I spend too much money on food/wine at Disney.

Join the F & W Coma Club or overschedulers anonymous:laughing:I also have an ADR at Rose & Crown for 7:45, hopefully I'll recover by then.

I spent too much money too, but I justified it by telling myself that the rest of the trip is during Free Dining so I'm still ahead of the game.

It's so nice to have friends like you on the Dis who will pick a girl up when she falls...uh... cattle prod:scared1:I'll probably resemble cattle after all that food, thank goodness you're only doing carry-on or I'd be in trouble.:rotfl:

Hey, the DIS is all about helping each other out. And that cattle prod will rev you up for more food & booze! :laughing:

Wow! I see at least two other DISsers that will be there on Sept 27 (my 31st bday).

Only one seminar left at the discounted rate so it looks like my options are paying full price or not participating.

I'm undecided between the abita beer, american brownie co. and Opus 39. Ideas?

Last time we did F&WF we ate dinner (R&C)..big mistake. This time we want to leave plenty of room for food/beer/wine sampling...and we're going to make an effort to try something from each booth.

As far as wines go, I like them sweet. I love champagne. plum wine, Riesling and white zif. Can anyone recommend wines on this years menu that fit my tastes...and are not to be missed!? :)

Has anyone attended one of the free authentic taste seminars? Is it worth your time? Any samples? Curious about the "fizzy grapes."

Has anyone finished making a rating template for the food booths that they would be willing to share? I've tried a couple of times and I keep locking up my computer. I like the index card idea...they can all be hole punched and placed on a key chain hoop.

TIA...getting excited now! :drinking1

I like Abita beer. You can try that seminar or go over to the New Orleans kiosk and buy some. Purple Haze...awesome. As for wines, you don't have to go to a kiosk to enjoy this, but go to Italy pavilion and buy a glass of Rosa Regale. It's a sparkling wine with some sweetness to it. I'm sure you can ask at the kiosks if there are any wines that might fit your tastes.

Authentic taste series are free, so why not attend them? They might be interesting. Some of the early posts in this thread showed some rating templates for cards, but I usually just mark the festival guidemap, usually.

joining coma club
on the one day we are not going to F&W we are going to MK
12 lunch at Plaza, snacks from main st bakery, 5:00 dinner at Ohana and Wishes dessert at 8:00

joining coma club
on the one day we are not going to F&W we are going to MK
12 lunch at Plaza, snacks from main st bakery, 5:00 dinner at Ohana and Wishes dessert at 8:00

:welcome: to the Club. We only use cattle prods when absolutely necessary.:laughing:

This will be our first visit to the F&W Fest. How do we know which demos to sign up for. As usual, I waited too long and now have to pay full price for them. We weren't able to firm up our dates until now and all that is left are the wine tastings which we are not interested in. So, since I have to pay full price, how do I know what recipe they will be demonstrating. We will be there from 10/24-10/26, leaving the morning of the 27th. Any recommendations?

If they follow the usual procedure, you will not know what the food served at the culinary demonstration is until the day of the demonstration, when a schedule will be posted in the Festival Center which includes the food served at the demos.

I just read about the beer and wine passports. Where can I purchase them - are they at a special kiosk in a particular country?

Thanks!

DH and I made a ressie for the Tequila Tasting at the "Ditch" for 10-3-09. Everything is paid ( even showed up on my VISA) and we have a res. #. Is there a way I can access that reservation online???

DH and I made a ressie for the Tequila Tasting at the "Ditch" for 10-3-09. Everything is paid ( even showed up on my VISA) and we have a res. #. Is there a way I can access that reservation online???

I haven't seen a way to access it online, but they sent email confirmation with instructions to print it and bring it with you. Did you get that?

I haven't seen a way to access it online, but they sent email confirmation with instructions to print it and bring it with you. Did you get that?

The tequila tastings at La Cava del Tequila (aka The Ditch) are considered one of the "festival special events" like the signature dinners or Party for the Senses, and are not bookable or confirmable online. You'd need to call WDW-DINE and have it looked up if you want a confirmation number and you don't have one written down. You won't receive any tickets or printable confirmation for these. Best you could have done is write down the confirmation number when you booked. They will have a list at the event and they'll check people off when they arrive. There are no tickets to present.

You can, however, have your resort concierge print it out for you, like you can with a Disney ADR. They can look it up via the confirmation number or your phone number.

The advice to print out the confirmation was given with booking the $5-$8 culinary and wine demonstrations at the Festival Center, which are booked using a completely different system.

Thanks, I do have the confirmation # and will be sure to take it along. Matter of fact, since we are on the DxDDP for 9 days, I have created a spreadsheet with all of our confirmation numbers and itinerary. We have an early TS (lunch) planned each day and a 2TS Signature each night.
Since it's getting close, DH and I have been spending extra time looking at menus and dining reports...just to build the excitement.

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the (what are they? wristbands? or like gift cards?) that you can use to purchase at the F&W kiosks? I think I heard somewhere that they were wristbands (???) attached to your credit card that are easier to use than digging out cash or using a regular credit card.

Is that the jist of it? Can you connect it to your KTTW or is it a prepaid kindof thing? Where can you get them?

Thanks so much, sorry if this has already been asked....I checked the first post but I don't have time to go through the whole thread! :)

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the (what are they? wristbands? or like gift cards?) that you can use to purchase at the F&W kiosks? I think I heard somewhere that they were wristbands (???) attached to your credit card that are easier to use than digging out cash or using a regular credit card.

Is that the jist of it? Can you connect it to your KTTW or is it a prepaid kindof thing? Where can you get them?

Thanks so much, sorry if this has already been asked....I checked the first post but I don't have time to go through the whole thread! :)

They are gift cards that you can load with a certain amount of money and then reload as they run out. They can be purchased at the festival center and typically at the little festival gift stands around the World Showcase. You may be able to use a credit card for the initial load of money or reload. Not sure about that. You would not be able to link it to your KTTW card though since it is a prepaid gift card.

FYI, you can also use the normal Disney gift cards. The only difference between the special festival one and the normal gift card is the festival one has the wristband for easy carrying. You can also use your KTTW card at the booths.

Here's a picture of the wrist band gift card.

When you first get one it is the size of a credit card (wallet size) but you can separate it to become the wrist band.

They are gift cards that you can load with a certain amount of money and then reload as they run out. They can be purchased at the festival center and typically at the little festival gift stands around the World Showcase. You may be able to use a credit card for the initial load of money or reload. Not sure about that. You would not be able to link it to your KTTW card though since it is a prepaid gift card.

FYI, you can also use the normal Disney gift cards. The only difference between the special festival one and the normal gift card is the festival one has the wristband for easy carrying. You can also use your KTTW card at the booths.

I don't know for sure about linking it to the KTTW card but I don't see why they couldn't. It's just another purchase. :confused3 You can also use a Disney Visa Rewards Card at the booths or to load cash onto the gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter