2007 NE Ohio Memorial Day (Sunday May 27th) Picnic Returns! (After taking a year off)

Discussion in 'Dis Meets' started by Towncrier, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Towncrier

Towncrier DIS Veteran

Due to popular request, our somewhat annual (up until 2006) Memorial Day picnic is on for 2007. We will open up our home to all 100,000 or so DISers on Sunday, May 27th starting at noon. We will provide soft drinks, hamburgers, hot dogs, and hospitality. In past years, the picnic has gone on past midnight.

And if there is enough interest, we'll have everyone over on Monday morning for breakfast. I make a mean Belgian waffle.

Drop me a PM if you need directions to our home. I am hesitant to post the exact location on the internet, but I can tell you that our home is located in northern Summit County near the intersections of State Routes 8 and 82.

I can't promise you good weather, but I can promise that you'll have plenty to eat and that the Disney spirit will abound. And the Indy 500 will be playing on the TV in our living room for those of you who can't miss the big race.

See you on Memorial Day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shep

shep Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...

We will be there..:thumbsup2

4. helenabear

helenabear <font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples

It's marked on our calendar for us to be there as well!!!!

5. dizneenut

dizneenut PINK is my signature color

My gang will be there!! :)

6. Towncrier

Towncrier DIS Veteran

Woohoo. :banana:

7. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

One of these years I'll make it, John - but not this year. I'm sure you'll all have a GREAT time!

8. EpcotKilterFan

EpcotKilterFan <font color=red>The first to extend her Fish<br><b

Sure wish I could be there :( But I will be in Disneyland Paris after taking the Magic to the Med:banana: :cool1: :banana:

You know I will be there in spirit......

Debbie

9. Towncrier

Towncrier DIS Veteran

You know, I let you off the hook a couple of years ago when you decided to take the very first East to West coast relocation cruise on the Disney Magic, but this is ridiculous.

Bon voyage. And say "bon jour" to Mickey for me.

10. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

We'll be there and bringging the good hambuger buns if wanted.

11. Tuffcookie

Tuffcookie Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.

Alex & I will be there!

John, I was up your way on Tuesday. I had a meeting at the Twinsburg PD regarding the Public Records laws. I went right past the turn-off for your street!

I will come armed with DIS cookies!;)

TC:cool1:

12. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

Ted and I plan to be there. We'll bring whatever you need. Potato salad?

13. bobcat

bobcat <font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year

We'll it's about time! ;) Memorial day wasn't the same last year. The kiddos and I will be there!

14. shep

15. disney_for_life

disney_for_life Mouseketeer

This is the first I have heard about this! :cool1: I know my husband and I would love to come. :love: PLEASE tell me how to get there. I am going through Disney withdraw :scared1:

16. Towncrier

Towncrier DIS Veteran

PM sent. It's always good to see new faces.

The history of this picnic is that way back in 2001, Nancy and Barry (perfectmatch300) posted a request on the DIS for anyone interested in joining them at Geauga Lake over the Memorial Day weekend. My response was to invite EVERYONE on the DIS over to our home in NE Ohio for a picnic that day. And so the tradition began. Up until last year, we continued to host a picnic on Memorial Day. A couple of years, we added a trip to Cedar Point on the Friday and Saturday before the picnic, but the unpredictable weather in NE Ohio (and the fact that I got kinda tired of Cedar Point) caused us to revert back to just a simple picnic on Memorial Day. And breakfast on Monday morning for those who might still be in town (or for the locals who wanted to drop by again).

We took last year off as our son was graduating from high school the week after Memorial Day and my wife didn't think that she could handle the stress of back to back weekend events at our house. She would have let me have the DIS picnic, but I thought it better to give her a chance to concentrate on the graduation party (which just so happened to fall on my 51st birthday).

So the picnic is on again, at least for this year. Our daughter is a high school junior, so I cannot promise that my wife won't pull the plug on the 2008 picnic. In the meantime, we can concentrate on having fun at this year's affair.

17. crzy4dals

crzy4dals DIS Veteran

I am so excited to find this thread.
    Depending on my DH's work schedule my family and I are interested in a gret together. We live in Mentor and have a son who wil be 8 at the time of the event.
    I have subscribed to the thread to try and keep up to date on the planning.

Erin

18. Tuffcookie

Tuffcookie Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.

disney_for_life & crzy4dals,

I hope you both can make it!

We always have a great time at Towncrier's & DW's house.

It is always fun to meet fellow DISers. Who else understands our Disney fixation????;)

TC:cool1:

19. ASFCurly

ASFCurly Dreaming of when I finally get to go back to WDW!

haven't been on the DIS much at all lately, but decided to check this evening to see about the picnic and I will definately be there, can't wait.

20. helenabear

helenabear <font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples

I cannot wait to have TC's cookies again! I love them!

it might be easiest for us to bring something like chips or cookies. Let me know what you will need John :)

21. shep

John--Is there anything Amanda can cook or we can bring?:rolleyes1