2007 Changes to Dining Plan STINK!!!

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
I am so upset. Just got the AllEars newsletter and the offerings for the 2007 dining plan STINK. I'm so upset about the lack of offerings at Epcot again. It was like this when they first released it and now they are back down to only about 3 -5 restaraunts left, BIG BUMMER! Alfredo's and Teppenyaki our favorites are no longer accepted.

Here are the details:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Disney Dining Plan is now available to use for In-Room Private Dining. TWO table service credits will be deducted from your Dining Plan for each meal, which will include the following items:
--Juice (at breakfast)
--Appetizer (at lunch and dinner)
--Entree
--Dessert (at lunch and dinner)
--Non-alcoholic beverage

This is for single serving portions only, and does not include hospitality platters, amenities, or merchandise.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A number of other changes to the Disney Dining Plan will become effective in 2007:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- There will be no participating restaurants at Coronado Springs Resort.
-- Dining Plan can be used for In-Room Dining (as described above).
-- Dining Plan can be used for dinner shows, seating Categories 2 and 3 only.
-- Dining Plan can NOT be used at pool bars.
-- Dining Plan can NOT be used at any Downtown Disney location except Cap'n Jack's Restaurant.
-- Aunt Polly's deleted from Magic Kingdom list of participating restaurants.
-- The following Epcot locations deleted from the list of participating restaurants: Boulangerie Patisserie, Chefs de France, Cantina de San Angel, San Angel Restaurant, L'Originale Alfredo di Roma, Lotus Blossom, Nine Dragons, Tangierine Cafe, Restaurant Marrakesh, Yakitori House, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, Refreshment Outpost, Refreshment Port.
-- Toluca Legs Turkey added to the list of participating Disney-MGM Studios restaurants.
-- The following Animal Kingdom locations deleted from the list of participating restaurants: Dino Bites and Petrifries
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

http://allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm
[/font]

Yep looks like 07 packages were not as good as we all hoped they would be since they held out this long to release them. I personally thought since they pushed the release dates back to this late in the year they were going to have at least a pretty good package deal to offer, but nope nothing worth getting excited about. I am also bummed about the dining plan issue. I had 3 ressies that are no longer on the plan. :bride:

I'm pretty cheesed about the Epcot thing too! That really, really stinks! I don't want to have to devote time and mental energy to trying to remember who takes the plan and who doesn't. It was much more attractive when it offered across the board acceptance.

Time to crunch numbers and see if it's actually worth it. Before I was willing to pay a little more just for the carefree aspect of it. Now I'm not so sure...

Just to verify, the 2007 change will take effect in 2007? All my ADRs in Epcot restaurants for my trip in 2 weeks will still all be honored, right?

oh great...im the idiot who just started a thread about giving this a shot...just sent in my deposit to AAA and now this??? maybe I can stop it. This is what i was worried about....too much trouble to be worthwhile...I'll just save my $$ and use it on any place we choose to eat.

I saw this too. It totally stinks. The Epcot rest. must have been losing money with it. I can't believe Marrakesh is off. Its almost never crowded.

I'm glad we're going this year and not next.

Gretchen

Category 2 and 3 are for two of the dinner shows. They are going to start having tiered pricing based on table location.

I think the new changes stink too :sad2: -esp. re: Epcot. The first time we had the plan-Jan. 05, there were very few at Epcot-looks like they are going back to it.

I'm going to try to do Alfredo's this time since I probably won't do it next year. Also, the elimination of all but one at DD is a surprise.

Yes it starts jan 1 07. If you are going this year you should be safe still, but remember it does say they can change it at anytime. You can still make adr's for any of the venues, but dining informed me they were told they have to let you know when making the ressie that they may or may not participate in the plan and you will be required to pay oop when you make the reservation and eat there if they decided not to go back on the plan. :bride:

Just spoke to my DM... looks like we will go sans dining plan for next year so that we can have a full choice of where we wish to eat, esp in Epcot. We do not like being limited like that. Will just have to save a bit more money then originally, no big deal.

We were just there two weeks ago and soooo enjoyed the DDP!! We had already talked about definetly getting it for next time too. It just made the whole vacation so easy and fun!! I'm bummed too about the Epcot restaurants. We usually stay in the Epcot resort area and use their WS restaurants the most for both TS and CS. Many of the ones we ate at this trip are off for '07. DH is going to be very bummed too. :(

I love the DDP, but am disappointed with the changes. I will try it next year and just live with what's available due to $. It makes more sense for us to have it. If enough people use DDP, then maybe those rest. not listed will suffer and be put back on the list. ??????

Is there a reason listed somewhere explaining the big change? I wonder if free dining had any impact, but then why did they offer it??????

Bummer! We were just there and loved the plan. Definitely paid for itself 2-3 times over. We only go to WDW every 4-6 years so maybe when we go back it will be good again!!

I totally agree the new plan stinks. I did my calculations on where we would eat and it would be less expensive to eat without the dining plan. With the quality of food issues of late I'll be changing my plans to only eat at select restaurants and to eat more off-site next year. :sad2:

Kim

Has anyone listened to the most recent DIS podcast? It seems there's a strong possibility that Disney is still in negotiations with several dining venues, so maybe we should all wait and see how things pan out before getting too upset.

As far as Pepper Market is concerned, if you call Disney Dining they'll tell you it was left out of the brochure in error, CS credits can still be used there under the new plan.

Next year will be our first time trying out the dining plan - let's hope things work out.

According to some members, this is normal routine for the Dining Plan. Disney can only confirm their own restaurants -- they cannot announced that restaurants they don't own will participate next year, until the contracts are signed (and it makes sense that contracts for 2007 will be signed in the later part of the year, not in the Summer!)

I'm going to try to find some of the messages from last year, when probably these same discussions took place.

We called for ADR's for Feb last night and were told that some of the restaurants that were pending earlier in the week are already back on the plan. The CM said she could check for us individually - by restaurant- to see if they were included. She also said that many were still pending. We did not have time to check all.

A suggestion - RELAX!! I think many will be back on - just give it some time.

ITA. This is the same thing that happened when it was first released. Then all the Epcot places joined in as well as Coronado Springs.

Ok...I went and searched through my files (cause I print everything off) and found the online Dining Brochure from a previous year. I haven't gone through it with a fine tooth comb, but half of the Epcot restaurants are missing as well as everything in DTD except Cap'n Jacks. I cannot find a date on it anywhere, but it's got to be from this past year or the year before. I know that the restaurants were indeed on the DDP this past year (cause we used it) , but am not aware if they were all on the list the year before (2005) as we did DDE. Can anyone verify? So maybe they will again be added? One can hope! We LOVE the convenience of the DDP!! :thumbsup2

I sure hope so. I'll be anxiously awaiting some additions. I am going to listen to the podcast others are referring to, because I hear it offers hope. Thanks!

Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter