2006 Wedding - So Dissappointed!

Button

A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of t
I've been waiting 9 months to book our October 2006 FTW. So October comes and I ring Disney. I was successfull in getting a ring back within 20 minutes and have been assigned Jennifer O'Leary as EM. She was so nice and answered all the questions I have been storing up over the past few months. Then she hit me with it..... with 13 guests I can't have my dream wedding at Sunset Pointe (max 10 including B&G). I have set my little heart on it. Tried begging but she was adament it couldn't happen. Only places available are Pavillion, Yacht Club and Boardwalk.

Looks like we will go with the Pavillion now. I'm slowly coming around to the idea it just seems so big for 13.

Anyway she also said that Intimates next year will all be 'add on'. You have to book your rooms first (min 4 nights at any Disney resort inc Value ones). Then call back with booking reference to book wedding. Currently there is no deposit but they are considering $500.

The officiant is no longer included and there was no mention of park tickets but everything else seems the same. No charge for outside vendors and possible I could use the Disney Photography at Fireworks Cruise so I didn't lose out, but I'd need to speak to another department.

So now I need to get searching for best room rates. Anyone recommend a good website? Think we'd like to stay at AKL.

Regards.
Emma

I am sorry about sunset point. I didnt know it was only 10 pl you could have there! I thought is was 15. I kinda feel the same way about the pallvion it seems so big! But everthing will work out!

Hi
sorry to hear about your let down.
I searched everywhere and found that Virgin holidays were the cheapest option.
worth trying
best wishes
Janine

well I will be in the same boat then becasue I really wanted sunset point. I wonder if we dont get married there can we still take pics there??

our wedding only had about 25 people total attending and we had the ceremony at the Pavillion. sure, 25 seems like a small crowd to have at a place that can easily seat 300, but the pavilion is a beautiful place to have an intimate ceremony as well.

I'm really sorry about sunset point... I'm not trying to say anything rude, but Jennifer O' Leary (probably spelled the name wrong) was my EM and I remember that when she was assigned to our wedding she was new to the position. There were a few things that she said we couldn't do, while our former EM was actually working on for me. I am pretty sure there was a bride that had about 13 guests at her intimate at Sunset Pointe. If that's where you really want to have your ceremony I would still try for it. Best wishes!

I've actually heard of a bride who had 75 guests at Sunset Point...but that was a long time ago and I'm sure the "rules" have changed. I would certainly try to push the issue a little.

However, we originally wanted Sunset Point as well...but we also wanted to stay at the Poly concierge. Turns out, they were going to be renovating that building while we were there and there was no guarantee that we would actually be able to stay there. I was totally disappointed! I had this whole Hawaiian themed wedding planned!! :guilty:

So, in a quick review session, DH and I decided on staying at the Boardwalk Inn concierge and getting married at Sea Breeze Point! OMG!!! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Still had the "beachy" feel of Sunset Point ('cause you look out over the lake) but the gazebo has lots of room for guests...I am SO GLAD we ended up being there!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know there are OTHER options besides the Pavilion (which is the most expensive location) and ALL of them are wonderful! Even if your heart was set on something else, you will love whatever location you choose!!!

Good luck and try not to be too disappointed...IT WILL BE PERFECT!!! :goodvibes

Hi. Maybe Disney will work with you on that one. When I called FTW about 4 months ago I asked what the maximum amount of guests and people we could have, I was informed that there was a maximum of 22 people including the bride and groom so 20 guests plus me and my Fiance. When I called FTW last week James informed me that there were only a total of 20 people allowed including the bride and groom. I asked because we have the maximum of 22 people already planned out to invite to the wedding. James told me that they could possibley work with me since I was told something different 4 months ago.Maybe you could talk to someone else and ask them about it, to make sure. If that is what you want then fight for it. Disney will hopefully make it right for you. Possibly they could work out something for you. I hope they can.

i also feel that the pavillion is too big for my wedding, i decided to have mine at the Yacht club gazebo instead, so much more intimate and its so pretty.

i'm having 11 (with bride and groom) at sunset and i was under the impression that it held the same number as the other intimate sites. When I booked it was under the 8 plus up to 5 more at 100 each and we asked about that and were told yes so that would be 15 plus bride and groom. I'd ask her to check again. I have Jennifer and while I love her she hasn't always had all the info, she told me I couldn't have a wishes party but I can you just dont book it through her. So deffinatly check again, Sunset Pointe is sooo beautiful. P.S. I've also heard of the 75 person wedding there so deffinatly ask again, it's disney they never keep the same answer.

Melissa

Thanks everyone for your replies. I thought I'd give Virgin a go today to see what package they could come up with. They said no to Sunset Pointe as well.

I mentioned to Jennifer when I spoke to her about other weddings having had more guests and she just said that they used to hold more but as it was on a hilltop it is no longer logistically possible.

Princessblueeyzes - Do you have a direct number for James perhaps I can try him.

I know the other locations look fab but I just feel having the castle in the distance is so magical.

Boo Hoo....

When I called in August about an intimate, the person answering the call asked how many and I told her 17 guest and that we wanted Sunset Pointe, she said fine. Then in Sept. when I called epcot about an illuminations dessert party it was in the computer for a sept. vow renewal with 17 guest at Sunset Pointe.
I wonder if I'm going to have to change my plans as well??
I still haven't heard back from anyone so I don't know when I'll get my questions answered.

Crissy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter