2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
curtdennis said:
As much as I'd kill for that souffle I'm afraid that any night at Palo would be taking away from the Group... 2cents worth.

We haven't done Palo yet but that's exactly our thinking too. We wouldn't do the dinner, but brunch sounds wonderful. But, I'm afraid that if we book it something else will come up that we want to do at the same exact time.

Maybe, just maybe, DVC will tell us their plans ahead of time so it might make it easier to book some of these other things. :) :wizard:

Hey there gang!
I see it was a slow day on the boards today......thank goodness! :rotfl:

Well I just wanted to stop in real quick. We did the mall today (Crossgates, for those that know the place). We needed to get some new sleeping bags for winter camping. My cub scout den will be camping with the boy scout troop this coming weekend and needed to get some supplies.
We also hit the movie theater and saw The Chronicles of Narnia. Good movie!

I have some good news too. Another family that is in our scout pack are DVC'ers and they got on the cruise so now I have a second set of "prior" friends who will be first time cruisers. I'm so excited for them!

Oh well it's after 10pm, I'm off to bed. We have a real busy week ahead for us!
Nick has a long allergist appt. (redoing the prick test, as they call it), Christmas cards to be done, some final christmas shopping and pack for camping! phew!
TTFN!!

cgcw said:
We haven't done Palo yet but that's exactly our thinking too. We wouldn't do the dinner, but brunch sounds wonderful. But, I'm afraid that if we book it something else will come up that we want to do at the same exact time.

Maybe, just maybe, DVC will tell us their plans ahead of time so it might make it easier to book some of these other things. :) :wizard:

Food for Thought!

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a Palo Menu, including the Souffle! for one of our nights so the we could all experience it without missing out on any other events?!?!

Ok, I have Palo on the brain since I just finished booking it for our March Cruise!LOL

Have A Disney Day!

janet

Good morning everyone! Greetings from Disneyland. Here's our report on yesterday:

We really wanted to do Goofy's kitchen but when we went the other day they said the wait was 90 minutes long! :scared1: Except for our Blue Bayou lunch we really hadn't made any priority seatings. Well we went over yesterday right as they opened at 7 am and got right in! We love the character breakfasts. We saw Goofy (of course) and Chip and Donald and Pluto. Oh and the food was very very good as well. Since they call this a brunch they have much more food than just a breakfast buffet including desserts. The one our server recommended was French Toast Creme Brulee! It was wonderful!

After that it was off to the parks. The line to get into Disneyland was long, but moved pretty quick. We got to listen to the band as we were waiting which was a nice touch. First up was the Indiana Jones ride. This is a great ride. For those of you who have never done Disneyland the vehicles are like those on Dinosaur at AK. After that we went to Tomorrowland and did Buzz Lightyear. This is new out here and I like it better than at WDW. For one thing the guns are on a teather so you have more freedome (think of the guns from MIB in Universal if you have ever been there). Another nice touch is that at the end you can see your picture with your score on it. Best thing - you don't have to pay for it! You can e-mail to yourself for free! Nice!

Next up was the Autopia. I've never done it at WDW and it has been years and years since I've done it here but we did it. They even give you a cute little drivers liscense. There must have also been some major pin release yesterday as we passed a long line of people waiting outside one of the gift shops. :) I'm sure if I check eBay this morning I could find out what it was!

By now it was close to mid-day and it was getting to be wall to wall people and long lines everywhere. I had read over on the Disneyland board that they had closed the park on Saturday and I was afraid they would do the same today. We took this time to do our shopping on Main Street and then went over and viewed the 50 years of Disneyland display and movie on Main Steet. Sadly this was very easy to get into and about only 15 people in the movie. I say sadly because here is all this history (photos, copies of the e-tickets, mock-ups of what the rides were to be, etc.) and no one really coming to look at it. Their loss.

After that we made a stop at City Hall to ask about getting back in if we leave and also about where to see the parade tonight (we have tickets for a preferred viewing spot). Basically told if we leave we may or may not get back in. However we know that if we try to stay we'll be beat long before the parade so we chance it.

We stop at ESPN club in Downtown Disney for a late lunch and then back to our hotel for a nice rest. We headed back to Disneyland via the monorail about 5:00. Got to see some of the 5:15 parade from the monorail. We made our way over to Small World which is where the viewing location is. Found the area and basically just settled in there. There were still massive crowds especially the line for Small World. So we staked out our spot for the parade and waited. Funny this is we were right behind these ropes and mark was staing up (I was sitting a show ways away). Tons of people kept coming up and asking him questions (what time is the parade, how do they get to Small World, etc.). We had on our DVC jackets, our lanyards (from Epocot's Candlelight Processional), and our GOH badges. People thought he worked there!

Small World at night is amazing. Hard to describe to anyone who hasn't been here but the outside facade is all gold and white but lit up in colors at night. On the quarter hour it does the routine where the dolls come out and do thier little march and then clock opens up to tell the time. Well now after that happens the whole thing goes dark and then a light show begins where they put images on the front of the facade. Marching soldiers, candy, etc. all themed to music. This lasts about 2 minutes and then the lights come back on again. The first time I saw it my jaw just hung open. We love Lights of Winter at Epcot and this is just as amazing!

Next up is the parade. Very few people in our special area so we didn't have to sit or anything. One side note - there was an area next to us that was even more special. They got seats, hot chocolate in mugs and rice krispie stars. We found out they are from the holiday tour and also got to ride Small World and Haunted Mansion without a wait. Something to remember for next time. Back to the parade - my favorites the wooden soldiers were right up front. Love them! Then all the usuals: Mickey, Minnie, the Princsses, Chip and Dale, Buzz and Woody, and of course Santa Claus!

All too soon it over and we start heading for Main Steet to watch the fireworks. OMG it is wall to wall people! We decide to not spend another hour standing around so we head for the exit. Then we see that no one is sitting up in the train station. When we get to the top we find out why - the benchs are marked off as reserved. We are about to leave and one of the conductors asked if we were waiting for the parade. We tell him yes. He said the view is better in front of the tree (very true the tree is huge and blocks most of the castle view) however are feet are tired and we just wanted to sit. He says wait a minute and let me check on something. I guess they put up the reserved signs every night but don't need them every night. Sure enough he takes them down and we spend a nice hour on the bench people watching. The fireworks are even more amazing then when we saw them the other nice from the balcony at Fantasmic. Lots of lighting on the castle (we can see about 1/4 of it past the tree).

After this it is back to the room. We never did have dinner and it is too late now (it is past 10 pm) but we are chilled so order soup and tea from room service. After that is off for a good nights sleep.

This morning we are meeting Todd and Cheryl for breakfast and then out to enjoy our last day here at the resort!

Have a great day everyone!

We did go to Palo for dinner and brunch and had a great time. The food and the service was great. Loved the souffle. I could eat that every night. I have heard other people say that they have ordered it in the dinning rooms. Is that true? Is there anyway to get it if we don't go to Palo's this time?

It was really strange how you could run into some people over and over again on the ship and some people you never saw. We even ran into Julie at the southernmost point on Key West.

Mary and Mark - thanks for sharing your trip with us - wish I could have made it out there this year - hopefully next year! :wave:

Thanks for the Report!

We are doing the Holiday Tour On Christmas Day! I'll let you know how it is!

janet

Thank you Mark and Mary for e-sharing your DisneyLand adventures ::yes::

It's a great way of warming up our cold :cold: morning

Have a great Disney Day !!! :sunny:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

gometros said:
So are we still in the get acquainted stage? Is it too early to ask questions about the cruise? :)

For you guys that have been on the previous member cruises, what is a good night for Palo? The night at sea?

Sandy - we went to Palo last year on the 3rd night of the cruise which ended up being the Coronation night. It worked for us, but honestly we felt like we missed out a bit due to the DVC events. We are not planning to go to Palo for dinner this cruise - if there is a brunch I am going to try to do that.

Scratch42 said:
Thanks for the Report!

We are doing the Holiday Tour On Christmas Day! I'll let you know how it is!

janet

Janet - that sounds so exciting! Will you share photos of it if you can?

I just had to share my excitement with people who will undersand. We are going to Disney Jan 19 for my dd's gymnastics meet. Well today the schedule finally came out. Now I can really plan. My girls will be disappointed because we have to cancel Chef Mickeys with their coaches. They will still be at the meet. My girls thought the coaches twins who are 8 weeks old should see Mickey ::MickeyMo , so we planned dinner together. Now we will have to see if they can go on Friday night if we can get PS. I am off to plan the rest of the week. :banana:

chipscinderelly said:
Janet - that sounds so exciting! Will you share photos of it if you can?

Definately!

I will have DD as backup photographer, 'cause I'm the one usually who is busy enjoying the sites and forget to take the pictures! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

cgcw said:
:

They have brunch on the 4-day now or is that special for the member cruise?

I really have to go and read those trip reports from the past member cruises. Even with 5 cruises under my belt, it sounds like I have no idea what's in store for us. When someone suggests passing up Palo pf all places, this must be a real special cruise.

And to answer the question about ordering the souffle in the refular restaurants, while it's not encouraged, it can be done. We got souffles for our kids one, since they didn't join us for dinner at Palo (two were of age, but we didn't want to leave out the youngest, so none of them joined us at Palo).

After 4 DCL cruises we have yet to try Palo. Two of those cruises were Member Cruises and the other two were with other family memebers. I guess our only reason is we are afraid we will miss out on something during the regular dining. Maybe we should just double dip one night :earseek: I would really like to try the souffle, but if I requested it for the regular dining room that means I would have to give up my creme brulee - Oh, the decisions!

gometros said:
They have brunch on the 4-day now or is that special for the member cruise?

Yes, they have Brunch on the 4-day. I know 'cause I just booked this this morning for our upcoming 4-day in March! :rotfl: Oh, it's also on the Sea day!

Times available 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30. The only reason why I remember this is 'cause I was having problems booking it this morning and kept trying every time slot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

Scratch42 said:
Yes, they have Brunch on the 4-day. I know 'cause I just booked this this morning for our upcoming 4-day in March! :rotfl: Oh, it's also on the Sea day!

Times available 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30. The only reason why I remember this is 'cause I was having problems booking it this morning and kept trying every time slot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

You just solved my Palo problem. Thanks!

bcvprincesses said:
I just had to share my excitement with people who will undersand. We are going to Disney Jan 19 for my dd's gymnastics meet. Well today the schedule finally came out. Now I can really plan. My girls will be disappointed because we have to cancel Chef Mickeys with their coaches. They will still be at the meet. My girls thought the coaches twins who are 8 weeks old should see Mickey ::MickeyMo , so we planned dinner together. Now we will have to see if they can go on Friday night if we can get PS. I am off to plan the rest of the week. :banana:

That is exciting!! Good luck planning, that's my favorite part!! I wish we were going back sometime in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter