2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark & Mark - Thanks for the little journal of your trip. Now I really want to check out DL!!
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

scrappy910 said:
My dh hates to see me turn to HGTV because he knows it will usually mean I will come up with something for him to do. I usually do all the painting in the house. Too inpatient to wait for dh to "find the time". My kitchen is disney themed. I have been buying the different tea kettles and they sit on top of my cupboards. Have other disney items for the kitchen but haven't gotten everything the way I like it. I just keep moving things around. And since my grandson no longer likes to sit in the high chair I can now move that out of the kitchen area and have more space to arrange my disney stuff. Haven't figured out what color to paint the walls. Right now they are just builders neutral (YUK!!!) When Gail and John come down for Christmas I will get Gail's input to arranging. She is good at that. Maybe I could just hire her and pay her with a stay at WDW!!!

Carol :flower:

Did I hear my name mentioned!!! :rotfl2: I'd do most things for a WDW trip :rotfl2:

cgcw said:
:laughing: I have a list going in my head too. Gary doesn't know about it yet (I'm sure he will soon when he reads it here). I was talking to Amy about commissioning her Mom to make some Disney themed valances for my kitchen and bathroom which is right off the kitchen. Gail and I were talking about sponge painting and such and now I have tons of ideas flowing through my head. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: I've already hunted down some accessories on ebay and disneyshopping. So, I'm on a roll.

Gary's all time favorite phrase I use is "I was thinking......" because it usually means I'm thinking of something for him to do. ;) :teeth:

Husbands are always the last to know ::yes:: :worried:

WDWLVR said:
Well Mark has posted a bit and I'm sure he'll add more today but here is my recap of the trip so far - sorry very long so skip if you want. :)

Savored it all Mark and Mary :goodvibes - sounds great ::yes:: !

Cindy Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Diana Lyn said:
Bruce's favorite phrase I use is "WE should do this...." which really means I have a great project for you to work on all by yourself!

:crazy: :confused: :faint: :scared: :hyper2: :duck: :headache: :tilt: :earseek: :sad2: :laughing: :scared1: ::yes:: :upsidedow :eek: :hyper: :crazy2: :sick: :scratchin :worried: :sad:

Diana Lyn said:
I have that touch too. My problem is I don't have the funds to support my decorating abilities!! :rotfl: I'll come out and do your kitchen for you Cindy. But you have to watch my kids! :rotfl2:

What 2 more around here? :rotfl2: I wouldn't even notice they were here. :teeth:

Out shopping for Christmas today. I bought a lot of things for under the tree --- nothing for the kids, nothing for Gary, nothing for anyone except me. :teeth: :teeth:

WOW! How did that happen? :confused:

Diana Lyn said:
OMG I forgot to post my big news!!

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR BILLY JOEL!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :thewave:
FLOOR SEATS!!! :dancer:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Diana, congrats on the floor seats for my Birthday Buddy's concert. Billy Joel and I were born the same day-he's rich and talented-I'm definitely not rich and can't sing a note. But I'm going on the Member Cruise and he isn't :banana: :banana: :banana:

Diana Lyn said:
OMG I forgot to post my big news!!

I GOT FLOOR SEATS FOR BILLY JOEL!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :thewave:
FLOOR SEATS!!! :dancer:
XXXXXXXXX
Now THAT is big news.
Congrats Diana!!

Diana - congrats on the Billy Joel tickets. Great news!

dont chime in very often but heres a story maybe someone can relate to, dw works at the local mall and has become freindly with manager at disney/store, after members cruise 03 store manager heres what an awsome event it was, and is determined to go next time, store manager between 03 and 04 is transfered and we loose touch, after childrens place takes over she stopped working for new owners, after a short time she is brought back to the original store as manager, up comes members cruise 05, we report what a great time this trip was and that cruise 06 is 10-22, she is determined to go this time, 10-22 is their anniversary perfect, now comes the sad part when call in day is announced she cant believe her luck, they are on the three day disney cruise and saturday is castaway cay, how on earth can they call in,well i explain call in day is something that is hard to put into words, and i offer to help her out, she says husband and three sons going probably getiing two cabins, using points, i half offered to do the res for them and they could just transfer points, she decided not to take me up on my offer and has left all the info with good freind (not a dcv member) to do the res. now sun 12-4 they get off ship go to okw for a few days, call freind only to find out the freind got to ms all the way to booking cabins only to be short about 60 points for 06 use year ms offered to make 5th per on cash but freind thought if they used their credit card (manager didnt leave her credit card with freind) ms may cancel because they had identified themselves as disney manager. so manager calls ms 12-5 to be placed on wait list she asked me what chance she had, i told her i had read some folks did get on from wait list, just needed to share this story

Back in the hotel room after another fun day. This place is packed however! Went to try and eat at the family dining spot here at the Disneyland hotel and they are booked solid. We are both so beat I think we will just be skipping dinner. :)

Guess I wasn't quite awake this morning when I posted. I had us eating at the Grand Floridian yesterday. That would be kind of hard. It was really the Grand Californian. I had us in the wrong state!

Today we started out with breakfast with Lilo and Stitch over at the Paradise Pier hotel. Nice character buffet. We kind of slept in and didn't go have breakfast until 8:30. After that it was a walk to the Grand Californian and entered Disney's Californian Adventure from there. The park wasn't open yet and there was a huge line for Soarin already. We grabbed fast passes that were good for 10:25 and went off to explore more of the park. Really cute decorations with a beach theme.

After the park opened and we did some browsing we did Muppet Vision 3D - always a favorite. When that was over it was time for our fast pass at Soarin. Walked right on! After that we went over and did the Sun Wheel. Then stopped for a some chicken strips and fries. With the package we are on we had a coupon good for priority seating at the Aladdin show at the Hyperion theatre so we went over there for the 12:30 show. Only problem was that the priority seating is only for the first 120 people at each show. When we showed it to the guy at the front he said it was no good but that was still plenty of space for the show so we went in. The lines were packed! Yikes. Don't know why but I decided to just double check with one of the girls further in at the line. Asked her nicely if the priority seating area was full and she said yes and suggested when we should come back to get it for the next show. I thanked her and asked what was the easiest way to get out, then walked away. Well we got sprinkled with some pixie dust. She came right after us and asked us our name. We told her and she then said "well since you have been my most pleasant guest today I'm going to let you in the VIP section!" We were among the first 20 people in the theatre and got seats 3rd row center (we bascially could sit wherever we wanted). So lesson learned - a smile, a thank you, and going with the flow can sometimes bring you some Disney magic! Poor girl must have really been chewed out by some others!

The Aladdin show is amazing. Definately the quality of a show you would see on the Magic or Wonder - maybe even moreso since they have some major flying effects! The show is about 45 minutes long and well worth the time to see it. We looked for the girl who seated us after the show but couldn't find her. We did see one of the other girls from that area and asked her to pass on our thanks!

The package we are on also included a coupon booklet and one of the coupons was 10% off a $50 or more purchase. Mark had found some DVD's he wanted in the Animation area so we bought those. When we were checking out the girl informed us that we could have also gotten 10% off by using our Disney Visa - we put that info to good use! Next up was to leave the park and head over to Downtown Disney. Hit World of Disney to pick up a few more things and used that Disney Visa discount.:) Since we knew Disneyland itself would be a zoo we decided to spend the afternoon at the movies. We had gotten a coupon good for $6.50 off a Narnia ticket in a DVD we had bought a couple of weeks ago. We brought it along and put it to good use. Amazing movie! The theatre here was really nice as well. Had another coupon that gave us a free small popcorn with the purchase of a large drink.

All in all a great day with lots of little savings and a big dose of Disney magic!

No going out tonight - we are beat!

callnamegrumpy said:
dont chime in very often but heres a story maybe someone can relate to, dw works at the local mall and has become freindly with manager at disney/store, after members cruise 03 store manager heres what an awsome event it was, and is determined to go next time, store manager between 03 and 04 is transfered and we loose touch, after childrens place takes over she stopped working for new owners, after a short time she is brought back to the original store as manager, up comes members cruise 05, we report what a great time this trip was and that cruise 06 is 10-22, she is determined to go this time, 10-22 is their anniversary perfect, now comes the sad part when call in day is announced she cant believe her luck, they are on the three day disney cruise and saturday is castaway cay, how on earth can they call in,well i explain call in day is something that is hard to put into words, and i offer to help her out, she says husband and three sons going probably getiing two cabins, using points, i half offered to do the res for them and they could just transfer points, she decided not to take me up on my offer and has left all the info with good freind (not a dcv member) to do the res. now sun 12-4 they get off ship go to okw for a few days, call freind only to find out the freind got to ms all the way to booking cabins only to be short about 60 points for 06 use year ms offered to make 5th per on cash but freind thought if they used their credit card (manager didnt leave her credit card with freind) ms may cancel because they had identified themselves as disney manager. so manager calls ms 12-5 to be placed on wait list she asked me what chance she had, i told her i had read some folks did get on from wait list, just needed to share this story

WOW! I hope their waitlist comes through. I would be kicking myself for a long time with that choice.

Mark & Mary, it sounds like your having a great time! :cheer2:

Mark & Mary - Wow sounds like you guys had a heck of a day. Don't you just love when the magic just falls in your lap like that.
The Magic couldn't have happened to two nicer people!

KarenNY said:
Stacy- hi neighbor :wave:

Hey there neighbor!!
So where in Latham are you?
I'm off exit 9 of the Northway. Go east towards Mechanicville for 1 mile and that's where I am!

Are up a state worker like a mojority of the Capital Region? My husband and I both work on the state campus. He does audits and I do collections!

WDWLVR said:
Back in the hotel room after another fun day.
All in all a great day with lots of little savings and a big dose of Disney magic!

Wow, sounds like another great day in Disney Paradise :sunny:

Love those Disney Updates guys :love:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Wow Diana congrats on those great seats :Pinkbounc

Mark, Mary, Cheryl & Todd - sounds like you guys are having a nice trip. We have never been to DL. Since Carol went, and called me a zillion times while she was there, she's talked me into wanting to see it. One day!

Carol & Cindy thanks for the vote of confidence on having the touch. I just watch way too much HGTV. John cringes when I say those magical words "I was thinking we could.......". My latest "I was thinking" turned into staining our natural finished oak bedroom furniture a dark cherry color. Actually, I couldn't get the color I wanted so he asked a client of his (who builds kitchen cabinets). His client took our furniture to his shop, sanded it down and stained it for us. It looks great! Well.....with the "new" furniture we had to paint the walls too :rotfl2: That is all finally done and the room looks completely different. Watching HGTV has given me the courgage to do decorating things that I would never have considered doing before. I do like helping others out - especially when I get to use their money!!!! :Pinkbounc

SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 45 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter