$20 trick in Disney World????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by renpumpkin, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renpumpkin

renpumpkin Earning My Ears

Has anyone been brave enough to try the $20 trick (slipping the check in clerk aa $20 bill to upgrade their room for free) at Disney? This has worked several times for us in Vegas, but I was curious if it has worked at Disney. We are booked at the Dolphin, which is not a true Disney resort, but I decided to throw the question out there anyway. :eek:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jlewisinsyr

jlewisinsyr DIS Veteran

Your room may already have been assigned when you check in. Although not impossible, I don't think Bribing a clerk with $20.00 is going to help all that much.

4. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

At a Disney resort, that would likely get the CM fired if they accepted the tip for the upgrade. Disney doesn't work like Vegas.

That said, who knows what the rules are at Starwood hotels like the Dolphin. I doubt if it would work, though. Again, it's just not the same kind of environment that there is at Vegas.

5. jngwright

jngwright DIS Veteran

What?? No one will approach me on Main Street trying to give me pamphlets for a nudie show?????:scared1: :rotfl: :lmao:

6. alldiz

alldiz DIS Veteran

7. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

:rotfl:

8. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

WOW:scared1: From the thread title I was under the impression that there were some really cheap..."ladies of the night" hanging around Disney and the OP was hoping for a referral.....I need to get my mind out of the gutter:rolleyes1

9. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Me too! :lmao:

To the OP, as far as I know, things don't work that way at Disney! I'm sure someone will come along and post some rules from the CM handbook or something, but I think those types of positions at WDW are prohibited from taking gratuities at the risk of firing. And rooms are supposed to be already assigned by the time you get there, including any upgrades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.