$20 Trick.....at Disney?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Carlyzmom, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Wow is all I can say about you

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

We are not going to agree............so we will have to agree to not agree

I have had this problem before and I pressed charges..so I know what happened!...........On top of, that it's plain wrong to do.

Really why what I know is so important to you and the other ladies, I have no idea.

AKK

4. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Lol what law was broken and how was it worded?

5. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

So someone offered you $20 to upgrade a room and you pressed charges against them? Yeah ok. :rotfl:

Do you live in Mayberry?

6. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Lol

7. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

You can keep going in circles around. But facts are facts!

Enjoy your little attack and snarky comments, I have been polite, but since you don't wish to......I'll let the moderators handle it.

AKK

8. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

It's only an attack because people aren't agreeing with you.

9. TeresaWen

TeresaWen Mouseketeer

This is SO funny. Do an internet search on "how to get the best service in Hotels" or "how to get the best rooms in hotels" and the first tip you see is:

"sometimes a well-placed gratuity with the front desk can be very helpful. I know that’s not a standard practice and not everyone is comfortable doing it. But it is a kind gesture that helps differentiate you. The front-desk clerk will think, “This person is generous; I’ll find them what I think is the best room and upgrade them.”

What makes this even funnier is that several months back one of the ABC morning shows (Good morning America I think) interviewed someone who wrote a book about this. Disney owns ABC.

Not saying this will work at Disney but Disney may be the only place on earth were it does not.

10. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Probably not. But, as I've said...I have had housekeepers leave a tip on the sink, for days. There has been a note left so the housekeeper knew it was for her/him. But it wasn't touched. I have talked to the front desk and have been told that housekeepers aren't supposed to be tipped. They make a decent (note I said decent, not great) paycheck.

And that's the issue. Why do some get tipped, while others don't? Why not tip a bus driver that gave you some really outstanding service? Because Disney feels that outstanding service should be the norm! And the funny thing? I have seen posts from people that say they never tip housekeeping when they aren't in WDW!!! But they do there. Why? They want to make sure they get towel animals. For some reason, they seem to think that their rooms will not be cleaned good enough if they don't leave a tip. And to me...a tip is to acknowledge outstanding service. But, a lot of people disagree with me.

That's what CM friends have told me as well. But let me ask you a question....what would you do if a guest came up and wanted an upgrade (and you hadn't been planning on giving him one) and slipped you a twenty? Do you keep refusing it? Those tips that may have come your way...did they come as a result of an upgrade that would have happened anyway, and was basically unasked for, so the tip was just a 'wow, that's wonderful, thanks so much' kind of thing? Just curious.

Disney is very clear on what their tipping expectations are. There have been a lot of books/articles written by former CMs that have things in them that Disney may not agree with.

11. TeresaWen

TeresaWen Mouseketeer

The book I referenced was about getting better service in general - not Disney specific. I do know that things work a bit differently at Disney - that being said stating that tipping to get a room upgrade is felony is just plain funny!!

12. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

OK.....I assume everyone is familiar with the guidelines for posting here. That this kind of obnoxious, childish arguing is not welcome here. Nobody wants to read this nonsense. You want to conduct a silly argument, you do it somewhere else.

If you feel that a post is in violation of the rules, use the report post button under the poster's name to alert a moderator, and then let us take care of it. If you launch into an argument with the offender, that just means infractions for both parties and a lot of unnecessary work for the moderators.

Since a refresher seems to be needed, here's the link.

DISboards Guidelines

This thread is closed pending moderator review for infractions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.