$20 Trick.....at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine paying for "Pixie Dust" at Disneyland or Disney World. It just doesn't seem like a Mickey-endorsed thing to do!

If the last 20 years' worth of check-in CMs are an indicator - I would say that it is NOT a good idea to tip them. They probably would assume you had a $20 bill stuck behind your license, and promptly hand it back to you!

Nope - not at Disney!

I wouldn't do it at Vegas either.. it just has a gross/sleazy feeling to it.

Chuckers said:
You had a topless magic show in your room? Wow...

Lmao I should have said while checking into my room and when getting our seats at a topples magic show. That would have been 1 heck of a show in my room. Lol

i have asked and received room upgrades when they are available..I never had to tip.

I HAVE however, always made sure to name the CM that made my stay extra special

Just a little FYI, not sure if things have changed but when I worked at Disney 15 years ago (Wow, I did not realize it had been that long) we were told we must refuse the tip 3 times, after that we could take it and let our supervisor know, it was up to them whether we could keep it or not. Most supervisors would let you keep them but I had one that took it, never knew what he did with it.

But not to upgrade someone, as most have said on here that is more of a bribe, now if they just upgraded you for free and you tipped after the fact that would be different.

We can't accept money or anything.

I once had a guy who brought his dessert to-go and he was too full to eat it and didn't want it to go bad and his wife gave 2 pieces to us and we ran to the back and put it in our lockers.
I think that is the only thing we are technically allowed to accept..
If someone like forces money to us, we give it to our manager and they send it to guest services and its put into charity or something.

Seriously

Look, I KNOW Disney is NOTHING like Vegas. You can't even compare the two! I wasn't trying to. I was asking an innocent question - food for thought, if you will. I had NO IDEA I would be eviscerated and attacked like this. I guess I will be a quiet lurker from now on. :sad2:

My husband has sent a food gift to concierge staff at the Bellagio in Vegas before we arrived since they helped us book shows and make reservations. We did not get an upgrade, but our seats to all 3 shows were TOP notch!!!

At WDW...we did the same for IPs when we went for our honeymoon and 5th anniversary. They got us all our reservations and answered all questions so quickly...and even called us when they had questions...We sent them a candy bouquet for all their help! We sent it before we arrived. We do this because they helped us, and in return we give them something for their whole team, not just for one person.

We have gotten upgrades and tipped afterwards in AC, but we have never tried to tip the front desk person in WDW.

Look, I KNOW Disney is NOTHING like Vegas. You can't even compare the two! I wasn't trying to. I was asking an innocent question - food for thought, if you will. I had NO IDEA I would be eviscerated and attacked like this. I guess I will be a quiet lurker from now on. :sad2:

You're being a tad bit oversensitive. No one is attacking you - they're just discussing the situation that you brought up.

Wets see.............to my way of thinking......the trick is to bribe a employee to steal the use of a more expensive room under the ruse of *complimentary* and then the tricker..........accepting said room and not paying for it!

Sounds like two felonies to me.

Just putting that out there for thought!

AKK

What in the world are you talking about? Are we reading the same thread?

You are sad because some people say they can imagine someone trying to tip a CM $20 for an upgrade and some people say it never happens?

Hey, I'm all for folks keeping their nastiness in check on these boards, but this has just been a light hearted discussion and I honestly don't see where you have been "eviscerated and attacked."

Have some posts been removed that attacked you?

Tonka's Skipper said:
Wets see.............to my way of thinking......the trick is to bribe a employee to steal the use of a more expensive room under the ruse of *complimentary* and then the tricker..........accepting said room and not paying for it!

AKK

Felonies???? Give me a break

Tonka's Skipper said:

AKK

the op mentioned Vegas and in Vegas it is all about tipping. The tipper gets the most out of the trip. It's a fact of life there. I have been there plenty of times to know the $20 bill talks. No it's not the same at Disney but it doesn't make it a felony.

Attacked? That's a bit dramatic.

AKK

A felony? Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter