2 year old with food allergies

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
My 2 year old is allergic to milk and soy. I know in general, kids under 3 eat off of buffets or off of adult plates "for free" but with her allergies, it will be a little harder to accomplish that unless I eat milk and soy free, and to be quite honest, on vacation, I don't want to!!!

So in order to get her "safe" food, do we need to pay for her at buffets? And is it terribly difficult to order a la carte items at other TS restaurants?

Anyone else have experience feeding an under 3 year old with food allergies?

No, you won't need to pay for her at the buffet. And TS will make sure that she has something to eat - without her needing or order an excessive amount. Pricing tends to vary widely, from "dirt cheap" to "About on par with the rest of the menu", but not usually over that for TS.

The 2 year old and younger crowd does not literally have to eat off of their parent's plates at a buffet. You can get them a plate. They just aren't charged.
You can still list their allergy on your ADR, and should, and mention it when being seated. The chef will still help you navigate the buffet.
And you can order food for 2 year olds at TS restaurants, and they will accommodate you.
They've done the allergy thing many times per day every day for all ages.
It's amazing how seriously they take it, and how skilled they are at it versus your average restaurant at home.
Happy planning! :wizard:

ETA: You will have to pay out of pocket at TS places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter