2 Rooms for a Large family

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by luke7203, Jan 14, 2013.

1. luke7203

luke7203 Earning My Ears

My wife and I have 5 kids, ages 4-12 yo at time of travel. If we get 2 rooms at Pop...will disney let us get one room with doubles and one room with a king bed?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

No. A set up like that would only have an occupancy of 6 so they would not put your family of 7 there.

4. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

I know it might be a little more expensive, but perhaps you should consider renting points for a 2 bedroom DVC villa instead (anything less will not meet your capacity), that way your family can stay together. But if price is really that important to you, you may have to consider an offsite vacation home instead.

This link might help you out with info: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-...stances/special-circumstances-large-families/

5. luke7203

luke7203 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help!

6. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Another thing to consider is that WDW will not guarantee connecting rooms, or even adjoining (next door). It can be request and frequently accommodated, but no guarantee. With kids your age I would not take a chance on risking the 2 rooms potentially being on different floors and/or in different areas of the resort, to say nothing of not connecting. Again, many people report they request connecting and always get it, but WDW won't guarantee it and there have been times a family had to split up.

Good luck!

7. jenben8426

jenben8426 Mouseketeer

We only had 4 kids at the time, but yes we were able to get rooms that were connecting like that in 2011. I had looked at maps of the resort and found out which buildings had connecting rooms. I then phoned in that request. We were granted it with no problems whatsoever. However, like someone else said you might run into occupancy issues since none of your children are under the age of 3. It would never hurt to ask in my opinion.

8. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

They won't allow it. King bed rooms only hold 2 people and a child under the age of 3. Standard rooms only hold 4 people as well, so the OP has 1 person too many for that arrangement.

9. DisneyGal24

DisneyGal24 Always dreaming of Disney!

Really? We (DH, DD, and me) stayed at Pop in Feb 2011 and had a king room. No problems at all.

10. DisneyGal24

DisneyGal24 Always dreaming of Disney!

Meant to add that DD was 5 at the time! :)

11. Katd52

Katd52 Mouseketeer

We're a large family that needs 2 rooms at POP. My online check in actually says
    "Room Requests: Ground Floor, Connecting Rooms (guaranteed), Near Transportation"

The guaranteed connecting rooms was on there already and I'm not able to chang it(not that I want to :) )

12. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Just because it states guaranteed connecting rooms does not mean you will for sure get them. Disney shouldn't even put that on, I don't know why they do. They don't assign rooms when you book them, so they have no way of knowing ahead of time if there will be connecting rooms available.

Odds are good you will get them, but nothing is 100% guaranteed by Disney. And their own web site states connecting rooms are a request and not guaranteed.:headache:

13. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

How about those family suites at Art of Animation or All Stars? Do they sleep 7?

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The suites have a max occupancy of 6.

15. ElizabethB

ElizabethB <font color=teal>I have a raw meat fetish. Who kne

Technically, 6 plus one under 3 in the family suites.

16. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Disney will guarantee connecting rooms for 2 adults + children. They will book 2 rooms under 1 reservation to do so instead of two reservations linked together. Any more than 2 adults and it isnt guaranteed.

17. ElizabethB

ElizabethB <font color=teal>I have a raw meat fetish. Who kne

You could do two rooms at Port Orleans-Riverside. In the Alligator Bayou section there are rooms that sleep 5, so two rooms there would work. You could even book one room with two beds and the trundle and then one room with the king bed -- just as you wanted.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

In that situation they will tell you it's guaranteed, but it is definitely not guaranteed. I know first hand.

19. luke7203

luke7203 Earning My Ears

Wow--thanks for all the responses. My wife and I had figured it wouldn't be allowed but thought I would ask the experts

20. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

If I was guaranteed a room that fell under the policy allowing it I'd be expecting an adequate alternative.

It's their policy, not mine. Now, CMs that say things that are guaranteed that aren't is a totally different story :rotfl:

21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Which is what I was expecting, but nope.