2 Rooms at Pop vs. 3 Bedroom at Cypress Pointe

vellamint

DIS Veteran
No brainer - right!? Especially since CP is half the price of Pop BUT ... in trying to determine what it is about staying onsite that really has me - I figured out that it is the ability to send the cranky/tired/hot kids (and sometimes husband) back to the room while I and the non-tired/hot/cranky kids can stay.

How much do you think a cab from DTD would cost to Cypress Pointe?

I was thinking that since we would be saving so much on accommodation that it might be worth it to just send the crankies "home" and take the internal bus to DTD and grab a cab back to CP.

What do you think?

Or maybe I could just have the hubby come back to pick us up!! (Oh the lightbulbs are going off left and right tonight - lol!!!)

I would go with on-site if I didn't have a car. If I had a car, CP all the way! I love CP and the extra room, TVs and kitchen and washer and dryer, but I think it would be hard to get back and forth without a car. The buses don't run from the parks to DTD, they only run from the hotels, so you would have a lot of lost time just getting around.

I too would go with POP!! I like the extra perks that on site guests have! Oh yeah, if you stay off site, you have to pay for parking too, That has to be at least 8 or 9 bucks a day.

Parking is $11, actually, unless you have an AP or PAP.

I'm guessing that a cab is about $25 from a park to CP. You'll probably only use it a handful of times...I wouldn't bother with busing to DTD first, particularly because I don't believe there are any direct buses between the parks and DTD. If you really want to get closer to that end of the World to cut down on the cab costs, catch a bus to SSR.

I too would go with POP!! I like the extra perks that on site guests have! Oh yeah, if you stay off site, you have to pay for parking too, That has to be at least 8 or 9 bucks a day.

Much of the time...even with the cost of a car and parking for however many days you are at the parks (which is $11/day), it still costs less than staying on-site. Plus you might be able to save money by cooking some of your own meals at CP.

With four kids, I would definitely stay off site. Cypress Pointe has nice resort activities, (which you probably won't have time for) and no one can beat the convenience of washer and dryer in the room. Make your own magic with better memories -- some of mine include watching Lord of the Rings at night in surround sound.

And having hubby pick you up isn't so bad, there are guest drop off and pick up areas at each park. Plus save the receipt and you only pay to park once. Or it might be worth it to get one AP for parking and the discounts available. Deb Wills has a nice list on her site, www.allearsnet.com

Last option--have you looked into the family suites at AllStars Music?

HTH and happy planning.

We will go with Cypress Pointe unless Disney has free dining again (but then I still have to figure out if that is worth it to us and since I dont have a math degree that might be impossible lol!!).

I figure I can take a bus to the nearest resort and either catch a cab or get picked up.....how much can it possibly be from DTD to Cypress Pointe.....thats practically (almost) walkable!!)

Thanks all

(And I will have an Annual Pass so parking is not a factor)

hands down for me, after doing both....Cypress Pointe!

I am not sure about getting back and forth using a cab....we never did that..

But the convenience of the "house like" rooms, the laundry, a kitchen to do breakfast out on our balcony every morning....

I asked my husband, one daughter and one son last night. "If you had a choice between a timeshare resort with all that room or free dining which would you choose"

I honestly cant believe they chose the free dining.....after all the complaints last time about how small the rooms were and who had to sleep on the air mattress yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Well - Now I am hoping for Free Dining again!!! AND I have ammunition if they start complaining......they voted for it.

I think I am going to stay at least a few nights at Cypress Pointe anyway though.....so we will see what we are missing.

Cyress Pointe is very close to a Disney gate and DTD. It is a few years since I was at CP but I think they run a shuttle to Disney and other parks. It is a great little resort. I bet it is actually closer to DTD than the POP in actual miles. We stayed at Vistana and friends at POP and measured and we were closer off site. You will enjoy the space of a condo vs. motel rooms.

Thanks - I agree with you.....

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you ask lol) my family is still hoping for free dining. They say they would prefer to be in the two rooms with free dining than offsite without it.

Time will tell.....should be interesting to see what Disney does this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter