2 resorts, 1 refillable mug?

crusoemom

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi,

We're splitting our stay equally between two resorts, and are planning to purchase the DDP. So I was curious as to whether we would get one refillable mug credit, or two? Or if we could exchange the old mug for a new one when we move resorts? I realize I'm getting greedy, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

The other option would be to use one mug credit at one resort, and the other mug credit at the other resort (there are two of us), and share the mugs...

Any info about this is appreciated.

If you're getting the DDP for both parts of your stay, then you would get 1 mug for each part of your stay. (I've never done a split stay, so I'm not sure, but I think you would have two separate reservations.) You certainly wouldn't trade in your first mug, and while other people will disagree, I see nothing wrong with using one mug for your entire stay and just not bothering with redeeming the mug credit at the second resort, unless of course you want a second set of mugs.

GEtting the Dining plan at 2 separate resorts can be expensive since you must buy the park tickets package again at the 2nd resort (unless you're annual passholders or DVC members) If you're not annual passholders or DVC, better crunch those numbers to see if you're saving any money at all, since buying the multi-day ticket on the first reservation would be the most cost effective way to buy tickets for the whole stay (the price per day goes down a lot when you get to day 5+) But if you have to buy 2 sets of tickets at a few days each in order to get a dining plan on both parts of your stay, you could very well spend MORE on tickets than you save on dining.

If you are passholders/DVC members, and can get the dining plan on both stays without buying additional tickets, then you will be holding 2 separate room reservations, and 2 separate dining plans. (the credits/entitlements from the first stay will expire at midnight of the day you check out of resort #1 and check into resort #2...so keep that in mind when planning...your dining credits from first hotel will not carry over to the 2nd stay except on check out/check in day.) If that's what you're doing, 2 separate plans =2 separate mug entitlements. I would get both, and take the unused mugs from the 2nd stay home as a souvenir for someone.

If you are booking that way, make sure you designate that you're getting the room/dining package when you book the discount room (assuming you'd be booking under a passholder discount offer.) Or if you're calling to add the dining plan, make sure you're adding it more than 72 hours before check-in!:thumbsup2

If you have two separate reservatoins, both with DDP, you will get two sets of mug credits, which with two people means you are entitled to four mugs. You would not trade in your mugs from the first stay, you are entitled to four mugs. If you don't want the four mugs, you don't have to redeem your mug credits, but they're part of the DDP so you will have them anyway.

Remember you can't spread one DDP across a split stay. Split stays are two separate reservations and each will require a separate dining plan. Credits from your first stay may carry over only to the first day of your second stay, no further. Any unused credits will expire at midnight after you check out of the first resort.

Thanks, this info helped me decide to just do DDP for the first half of our stay, then eat on the cheap for the second half, when we probably need to lose the weight...

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter